Presenter buzz-phrase Watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
The latest sales-boosting, customer-panicking buzz phrase for the presenters is Limited Stock means much less than 10% remaining.

I noticed it first yesterday, and this morning Catherine Huntley used it to ensure the warehouse stock of the Dyson TSV sold out.

So they just need to say limited stock now means 8%. How desperate, market stall sales tactics. DF style rubbing off on the rest of them and the powers that be.

It's meaningless anyway because they rarely say how many they started with so 10% could be literally any number.

DF makes me laugh with her frantic "get yours! get yours now! because once the morning show repeat is on it will probably be sold out!!" Which of course it never is, just another scare/hard sell tactic of hers. She shouts "get yours now" to psychologically make you think that one of the products is already yours, which of course is a hard sell tactic that has the opposite effect, makes the majority of people not want to buy because that's what people do under pressure, not buy.

I'm sick of the sight of that ****** fan - I wish it would sell out, never to return. They always try and make you panic buy with that limited stock sign, I don't buy into it anymore.

CC

I have a dyson vacuum I bought on Amazon in 2004. I never got it serviced until this year, when I booked via their customer services department. You do pay for the service, but the home visit from the engineer and all the parts and labour are included.

I'd buy dyson vacuum again, as I've had a good experience. I wouldn't get one on QVC though, as I think if you aren't determined to have the latest model you can get a better deal elsewhere.

Fans? I've got a very quiet little tower fan I bought a few years ago. I wish I'd bought more than one as they don't appear to be made anymore. For summer nights when I need a fan on all night and want to have undisturbed sleep it's invaluable. I'm not convinced I need to pay £100s of pounds for a fan.

i have a dyson upright i have had it over 8 years maybe more. love dyson. the customer services is fantastic. much better than miele. cant wait to try the fan. my uber fussy sister loves hers and intends to have two of them

Claire & Glen are on with a a Fashion Outlet and both keep saying "Easy" and it's starting to irritate me! Not "easy care" or "easy to wear" just "easy"! So is an "Easy Tunic" a top with loose morals?

At least we've so far been spared one of Glen's "easy little pumps" ...but maybe he's on medication for that!

OK I didn't sleep very well last night and might be a little sensitive but please qualify your "Easies" in future! :headbang:

I had one of the yellow/purple upright Dysons which was the best thing ever as I had a dog. It sucked up a whole canister of dog stoor every time I used it (I only had a very small dog as well!). Sadly it died (the dog and the vacumm) and I bought one of the cordless thingies - sorry but it's complete rubbish. Handy for the car but a lot of money to pay for a car vac. I bought another upright which is nearly as good as the other one but not quite. I like the big vacuums but I wouldn't be buying anything else from Dyson. I believe things are made in China now so maybe that's why they are not as good as they used to be. Nothing against making goods in China really but the quality does tend to be lower than things made in Britain and in Dyson's case I'm not sure the price is lower to match the lesser quality.

CC

I've had a Dyson for years & years & have not had problems with it & have had it serviced several times at a local shop.The only thing I find now is that it is so heavy & bulky to get around & I have never been a fan of the bagless bit getting covered in dust when I empty it.I follow 'Which' & will be going for a Meile which they highly recommend

Claire & Glen are on with a a Fashion Outlet and both keep saying "Easy" and it's starting to irritate me! Not "easy care" or "easy to wear" just "easy"! So is an "Easy Tunic" a top with loose morals?

At least we've so far been spared one of Glen's "easy little pumps" ...but maybe he's on medication for that!

OK I didn't sleep very well last night and might be a little sensitive but please qualify your "Easies" in future! :headbang:

Glens "easy little pumps"?.................now there's a mental image I don't welcome :mysmilie_865:

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_507:

I'm still in search of the perfect vacuum cleaner. I need one that doesn't mean I have to bend, stoop, stretch or push and pull too much. Got it! I need someone to do it for me. How dim could I be?

I'm still in search of the perfect vacuum cleaner. I need one that doesn't mean I have to bend, stoop, stretch or push and pull too much. Got it! I need someone to do it for me. How dim could I be?

I have my IRobot Roomba for that on an every day basis and my husband with the Dyson once a week!

Latest posts

Back