Presenter Duos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chloe or someone has been monitoring events here

May I humbly suggest Chloe that in order to prevent this you do not slag colleagues LIVE on air whether you think you are better than them or not, and this includes the schedulers who often get both barrels
What makes you say that?

Just a few things said in the last few days very similar to posts on this thread

Lucky I do not doubt she is popular with a big group of regulars (have said that before on here) and she is a good presenter and much like Mark they sell a lot of products which I understand is the main thing (and should be )

This morning under £10 day one hour wasn't scheduled by her very quiet the next hour "I curated this hour"

It is a product for £9.99 it doesn't matter who is selling it the product is cheap and cheerful no matter how you try and present it

Personally I like Chloe's presenting. Adopting a detached, critical view of TJC and many of their products may be a strange approach, but there's no doubt that it builds trust with the viewer that she really does like the products she's telling them to buy. She appears to be 'on their side', and I imagine that reflects itself in sales, or she wouldn't continue to be employed. I'm not a gold jewellery buyer, but I think most people would be likelier to shell out big bucks for a gold chain if Chloe was enthusing about it, rather than Chris SV or Derek (both of whom I like) just going through the motions. I'd also point out that 'watch me with the sound off' is criticising herself, not the viewers. She admits she annoys people.
She is my favourite presenter on TJC. I like her presenting style, and I’ve certainly spent more with her than anyone else. I can totally see her point when she is annoyed at the scheduling team, I would feel the same. How embarrassing can it be to be on TV when things go wrong. If it was once in a blue moon, it would be funny, but it just seems that they are inept. Wrong sizes, incorrect information, and all the other dramas. I think she wants things done correctly, and I can’t blame her. Added bonus that she doesn’t have to co present with the buyers. That is definitely a switch off for me, it’s not their job, they don’t look comfortable and it’s excruciating to watch.

I don't watch much of TJC but I don't change channels as quickly if Chloe is on. I've not witnessed anything commented about on here, she's always been fine as far as I can see. I like her and Andy and the StV fella, just gone blank on his name 🙄

My favourite duo is Leanna and Rob. I haven’t seen them together for a long time but they work together really well. Wish they were on at a different time as would be good to see during day.

Hodgson and the blonde woman.. No..not a Brits Best New Band winner..The two on this morning selling non-jewellery items. Nice rapport and fairly amusing, being honest. The naming of the various watches as ‘Black Woman’,‘White Man’ ‘Blue Woman’ etc.. made you think you might have retuned to The Fantasy Channel at times..Two Blue Women Available and A White Man for £49.99 ….Strange way to label the watches…Carry On Ticking at times..

I'm not sure why people are moaning about Andy Hodgson in this thread. He must be the most honest presenter on TJC out of the lot; indeed, I can't think of another shopping TV presenter who takes viewer questions and isn't afraid of saying what a product doesn't have.

He seems to be very much across the details - he'll point out when the descriptions don't make sense, or when the colours listed on screen aren't anything like the actual colours. There's none of the nonsense tales of deals with suppliers, or stock being returned, or mistaken prices, or storming off screen or "upstairs".

I'm not sure why people are moaning about Andy Hodgson in this thread. He must be the most honest presenter on TJC out of the lot; indeed, I can't think of another shopping TV presenter who takes viewer questions and isn't afraid of saying what a product doesn't have.

He seems to be very much across the details - he'll point out when the descriptions don't make sense, or when the colours listed on screen aren't anything like the actual colours. There's none of the nonsense tales of deals with suppliers, or stock being returned, or mistaken prices, or storming off screen or "upstairs".
I agree he is very good at explaining the ins and outs of whatever he is selling. I also like the fact he tries everything which enables him to explain the various points. However, what I don't like and this is only my opinion is when he is being smutty that I can live without. I do think things have improved a lot on TJC since his arrival whether that is down to his experience I don't know.

I enjoyed the simulcast again this morning. Do we think they will soon stop the beauty channel? I’m wondering if the simulcast and doing more beauty on main is a trial. I do enjoy Chloe doing Beauty with Peter and Thoroughly enjoy Beauty on at the weekend as I can’t always watch it during the week and these two do work well together.

I think he must be absolutely exhausting to work with. I do find him funny occasionally, but he’s ex Bid Up and they would have said anything to get a sale!
Not in his case. He was always straight down the line. Don't forget that he wasn't full-time staff for the final 4 years or so, so wasn't under anywhere near the same obligations as the regulars.

I think people have this idea that Bid / Price Drop were particularly bad for doing anything for a sale, but I think they just happened to be the focus of ASA complaints. I remember watching Ideal World and QVC at that time, and if they'd received the same level of scrutiny at that time, they'd have had a lot more adjudications than they ended up with.

Natalia just explained she is on beauty all weekend again. Doesn’t any of the other presenters want to do Beauty? Why can’t TJC get other presenters in? Simulcast with Chloe makes sense to me, instead of her sleeping over in the dressing room as she is doing, if you enjoy Natalie surly her being on all that often it becomes same old same old. “My baby” “I lm obsessed “ sales pitches gets me a little annoyed. . Does anyone else struggle? I’ve left watching Gems as there credible presenters seem to have run whilst they could, and now there hard sell presenters are not conducive to being on in the back ground viewing. I don’t want TJC to go the same way. Shuffling the presenters on beauty has been great. Not everyone trusts certain presenters.

Natalia just explained she is on beauty all weekend again. Doesn’t any of the other presenters want to do Beauty? Why can’t TJC get other presenters in? Simulcast with Chloe makes sense to me, instead of her sleeping over in the dressing room as she is doing, if you enjoy Natalie surly her being on all that often it becomes same old same old. “My baby” “I lm obsessed “ sales pitches gets me a little annoyed. . Does anyone else struggle? I’ve left watching Gems as there credible presenters seem to have run whilst they could, and now there hard sell presenters are not conducive to being on in the back ground viewing. I don’t want TJC to go the same way. Shuffling the presenters on beauty has been great. Not everyone trusts certain presenters.
I love how shopping telly presenters all go on and on about the wonders of various beauty and skincare products and technologies, all with faces plastered with at least 3 makeup counters worth of gunk.

If all the stuff TJC sells works so well, why don't the presenters come to air barefaced, or with minimal makeup? Surely they have no need for it after using all of these skincare wonders?

I bet you're never going to see Natalia on screen without her slap.

Latest posts

Back