Presenter Pairs - which work well - or don't!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

astitcher

Registered Shopper
Watching last nights TSV launch - briefly - I wonder which pairs of presenters and/or guests work and which don't?

Last night listening to Jill F and the Cooks Essential woman was just too much. The screeching and breathing and voices just didn't work together so I turned off. :eek:

Yet Dale seems to work well with most presenters and guests.

So come on give us your loves or hates

I find that Dale, Anthony and Julia Roberts work well with all guests, putting them at ease and extracting all relevant info whilst keeping the "chat" to a minimum.

Can't bear Simon with anyone - he sounds so insincere.

Linda

Watching last nights TSV launch - briefly - I wonder which pairs of presenters and/or guests work and which don't?

Last night listening to Jill F and the Cooks Essential woman was just too much. The screeching and breathing and voices just didn't work together so I turned off. :eek:

Yet Dale seems to work well with most presenters and guests.

So come on give us your loves or hates

I can't watch the Cooks Essential woman no matter who she is on with,she looks so awkward I always expect her to drop something.Nothing like the lovely Annette (the teffal lady) I like Julia and Dale presenting together.:ANYWORD:thumbs up

Last edited:
I can't watch Annette Cleasby either! I find her very grating.

Alison Young doesn't seem to work very well with any of the guests, because she is always talking over them!

Dale, Julia and Julian all seem to work well with anyone. I couldn't watch Jill Franks with the Lola Rose guest the other day as she was being so gushing!

Julia is particularly good with Suarti and Simon Wilson(?), both quite difficult guests for different reasons.

Dale & Charlie together are the best by a long shot!:D I wish they'd let us see that more... Maybe as a Christmas treat?

Jill Franks doesn't work with anyone, at all, ever. If she's not talking over them in a self important manner then she's ignoring them completely. The number of times they've switched to a long shot to see her resting on her elbows staring off looking bored is scandalous. The absolute worst though is Jill Franks with Dawn Bibby. JF is AWFUL at craft & if ever Dawn points out a mistake she's made or something incorrect she's said then JF makes a really unpleasant comment about how Dawn may be good at crafting, but is rubbish at running & how funny it would be to see her run for a bus. It's so mean! I don't know how she hasn't ended up impaled on a pokey tool... Now, actually, that would be worth watching! :D

Who Works Well Together

I have to agree with CaramelBunny's comments about JF. She's the only presenter I don't like watching (except for maybe Anthony - he's like an annoying kid, especially on NN shows). JF's so sanctimonious about being teatotal and keeping fit - looks more like a walking corpse. Last Christmas she was banging on about going for a run on Christmas Day, all I had planned was drinking, eating and being horizontal!! As for who works well together - Dale and anyone - he has such a great sense of humour. Love him when Beth is modelling with him, she has such a bubbly personality and they bounce off each other.

As for AY talking over people. Do you think maybe it's because she has someone from above blabbing in her ear telling her to what to say? Just a thought. Personally I enjoy her caustic sense of humour, I don't think she's deliberately nasty, just enjoys a bit of sharp banter.

Apologies for rambling!!

I can't watch Annette Cleasby either! I find her very grating.

Alison Young doesn't seem to work very well with any of the guests, because she is always talking over them!

Dale, Julia and Julian all seem to work well with anyone. I couldn't watch Jill Franks with the Lola Rose guest the other day as she was being so gushing!

Alison Young must be a nightmare, she just doesn't listern to guests, and waits for them to pause so she can just butt back in again. Sometimes you get the impression she is thinking speak faster!!!! It can get really manic, she waffles on excitedly for 15 minutes and you think to yourself - 'what's exactly is in this kit?' and have to go and look it up on the internet.

Julia is generally good but sometimes I think you can tell when a guest is irritating her - I think the Quacker Factory lady does that (the impression I get anyway).

Alison Young works best with her own ego!
I always think Kathy Tayler works best as half of a duo :1:

Yes I like Julia with Simon Wilson too. They have a great rapport. She's pretty good with Stacey too, as is Pipa.

Oh yes forgot about Stacey - but i think she is pretty good with everyone anyway. I like the ways Julia does the whole bare canvas before and after thing unlike most of the others!!

dale is my best male presenter as he is witty.
alison young is a scream. i cant believe it when she has a go at the models skin. i am fed up with political correctness go alison go!

mr biaggi makes me turn the tv he is looking like a corpse more and more each day. qvc does not suit him he is not natural enough.

oddly enough i like julia but she comes across a little fake to me.

My favourite presenter pairs are definitely Julia and Simon - they do work really well together and I like Alison Young I think it is great to have someone with so much knowledge presenting the beauty shows.:1:

Simon gets on my nerves,so does Claire ,so false the pair of them.I like Julia with Simon from B&W,she tries to shut him up,in a nice way though.I like Pipa too.Cant be doing with Anne either,sorry! I like Dale,he seems pretty genuine and has a good sense of humour. Julian's ok too,comes across as a nice fella.Sorry if I've offended anyone!!

I have to agree with the Jill Franks detractors as I also don't think she works well with anyone. She is the only presenter that I have to switch off. In those moments though as I am reaching for the remote to change channels, I am always struck by how much she looks like Dave Hill from Slade { sorry Dave }. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the resemblence ?

Other than her I don't mind any of the other presenters really - AY is a bit grating and I always wonder why if she has so much knowledge of and access to the best in skincare she often looks baggy eyed and won't allow any close up shots of her own skin.

Latest posts

Back