Presenters - found this from June 2001, enjoy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Julia Roberts
Julia has been with QVC since day 1. She is chatty and gives honest opinions about products. She is a Crystal Palace football supporter. It is noticeable that if Julia is on QVC after a Crystal Palace defeat the sadness of the defeat comes out in her voice. She is forever talking about her husband and 2 children. It can be difficult to be enthusiastic about every product. But Julia brings her family into the sales pitch and this works really well. Julia has also appeared on Denis Norden's 'It will be Alright on the Night' when she unleashed a swear word after handling a very hot cooking saucepan.

Alison Young
Alison is the resident beauty expert. Her background in beauty therapy is impeccable. She knows everything there is to know about the beauty industry. On air she is very chatty and may talk too fast. Her main hobby is horses. She can be stumped by double-entendres though. About 6 months ago someone mentioned that the weather outside was windy and Alison collapsed into hysterics. How she got through that hour I will never know. Over the past 4 months Alison has been smiling more than usual. Perhaps she has found love. Alison apparently hates washing her car

Dale Franklin
Dale is the QVC presenter who hypes everything up as if his life depended on it. He even hypes up ordinary products, which can be quite funny to view. If you have seen the American infomercials you will know about hype.

When QVC, the Shopping Channel, started broadcasting in October 1992 I did not think that home television shopping would catch on. There was a lot of negative press at the time of its launch. Even Judy Finnegan on 'This Morning' made some critical comments.

REFUNDS

All QVC products come with a 30-day no quibble guarantee. The products can be returned via the Post Office. Unfortunately a small postal charge has to be made. It would be great if the refunds applied to postage and packing as well.

Well, I bet if Judy F. was on it now, as a presenter, JF and JR would be safe!!!!!!! :hi:

Latest posts

Back