Presenters looking older.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Saw him yesterday morning and noticed just how many more lines he has since the last time I saw him. He looked like some crepe paper that had just been unscrunched. He was with some Bimbette demonstrating some nail varnish that came in a pearlescent / holographic bag he found amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. His faux enthusiasm was cranked up to the max. I find it hard to believe that most men (if they're not Leighton Denny) would get that excited about a bit of nail varnish!

I saw Julia Roberts presenting some cheap old Gossip watches (that she wouldn't be be seen dead in off-screen) and her face looked sort of...square and really quite different to how I remember it when I used to watch regularly.

Jilly Halliday looks much the same, just a little more top-heavy like an inverted butternut squash. I think she hankers after the Crystal Gayle from 1977 look.

Come to think of it, it's astonishing that these presenters have enjoyed such longevity. Some of them have been there since I was at school!

Alison Young looks like a vampy blow-up sex doll that's been overinflated and touched up with a bit of blue eye shadow.

i suspect its age. when you get to fifty or thereabouts all the sneaky illnesses sneak up on you and the drugs you have to take to keep you alive have a lot of side effects. life stinks lol

i suspect its age. when you get to fifty or thereabouts all the sneaky illnesses sneak up on you and the drugs you have to take to keep you alive have a lot of side effects. life stinks lol

None of them look really bad and I know that people get older, but it's just interesting to see them age. Some of them, like the chicken-necked Alison Keenan are not a got advert for the Gatineau neck gel.

Saw him yesterday morning and noticed just how many more lines he has since the last time I saw him. He looked like some crepe paper that had just been unscrunched. He was with some Bimbette demonstrating some nail varnish that came in a pearlescent / holographic bag he found amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. His faux enthusiasm was cranked up to the max. I find it hard to believe that most men (if they're not Leighton Denny) would get that excited about a bit of nail varnish!

I saw Julia Roberts presenting some cheap old Gossip watches (that she wouldn't be be seen dead in off-screen) and her face looked sort of...square and really quite different to how I remember it when I used to watch regularly.

Jilly Halliday looks much the same, just a little more top-heavy like an inverted butternut squash. I think she hankers after the Crystal Gayle from 1977 look.

Come to think of it, it's astonishing that these presenters have enjoyed such longevity. Some of them have been there since I was at school!

Alison Young looks like a vampy blow-up sex doll that's been overinflated and touched up with a bit of blue eye shadow.

Who did you see yesterday morning Julius????????

Can't believe how early some people get up over the weekend (it's a complement).

Let's not forget that

(A) Julius believes anyone even approaching 50 is a waste of oxygen and if you are a female it is even worse

(B) his most favoured implement is a huge stick to stir as much as possible.

Let's not forget that

(A) Julius believes anyone even approaching 50 is a waste of oxygen and if you are a female it is even worse

(B) his most favoured implement is a huge stick to stir as much as possible.

Well I've got news for him it creeps up on you unnoticed and he will be at that age before he knows it. Sorry but can't to anything about changing his sex.

L.M you and I both. The last time I saw 50 it was on someone's front door.

Arrogance of youth, or even the not so young.

Don't know which presenter you are talking about Julius but you seem obsessed with ageing in particular turkey necks and lines like candle wax .Vary poetic. Don't you have any signs of ageing?

OMG hilarious and so true!
Kathy Tayler has to be up there like an old bag lady in her Centigrade coat/ hat combo and Jill Franks ( or Skeletors sister as someone on here called her the other day!) looking scraggier every day ( I run every day, I juice every day- bully for you love - you need to eat every day!)

We're born, we age, we die. Can't do owt about any of that. And in this day and age where we have to work till we drop, well, some of the working population will look old and QVC can't be seen to discriminate against old presenters the way some of us do online.

We're born, we age, we die. Can't do owt about any of that. And in this day and age where we have to work till we drop, well, some of the working population will look old and QVC can't be seen to discriminate against old presenters the way some of us do online.

Yes I agree, although those who are clearly in love with themselves ( yes I'm talking to you Jill Franks) set themselves up for ridicule by their bragging, whilst others simply need a well fitting outfit to look 100% better

One thing that QVC can be praised for is the fact that there are women on there beyond the age of 40. Many women find work dries up for them on TV once they hit 40 or 50, often due to the sort of comments and views made at the start of this thread.

Personally I like to see a wide age range of people on TV. Young or old, we're all ageing by the day, we all look different to how we did last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago etc.

To be fair Julia is 60 next year (yes I know some think every normal people that age should be locked away,) and on the whole considering TV is not kind, looks pretty good on it. Now if only she would get out of those toe posts and wear a size which fitted her she would be fine.

BTW does she ever wear non Q clothes? She certainly did years ago, it would be interesting to see if those fitted any better. We only see presenters out behind those desks when it is a clothes show so perhaps that is the answer.

Don't know which presenter you are talking about Julius but you seem obsessed with ageing in particular turkey necks and lines like candle wax .Vary poetic. Don't you have any signs of ageing?
Of course it is a personal thing, but I'd love to know what age Julius is - believe me little boy, one day you will have all of the things you hate about people ageing, it will creep up behind you, and bight you in the bum, and once it's there you won't be able to get rid of it - no matter what creams and potions you buy, from ~QVC or elsewhere - incidentally I look terrific for my age and have done so since I was in my 40s - not down to potions, but the genes I've inherited - don't forget your genes play a big part in it too - so look at older relatives around you.

Tell us who you were talking about - as you missed that important part in your message.

I would surmise, as 9am presenter both this morning and yesterday morning was Simon Biagi, that Simon is the presenter in question.

However much any of us are able to hold back the hands of time, inevitably we all wear the marks of the life we've lived and the choices we've made, don't we? Illness, accidents, surgery, lifestyle... plus the evidence of our personalities and attitudes to life (you get the face you deserve) - even going under the surgeon's knife, or the aestetician's needle, doesn't give you any respite. We change and evolve through life on the inside... I'm glad that we don't stand still on the outside.

I do like the fact that QVC don't send their presenters out to pasture when they are no longer young and firm of face. It does give us something to talk about, but it also means that we have some connection, however slight, with the people talking to us about the products they sell. I'd rather the hilarity of our discussions about clothing choices, hairstyles, and the efficacy of beauty products than be grumbling about a procession of identikit bright young things.

I would like to see more variation though - I wouldn't complain to see less of certain presenters - but it's nothing to do with the evidence of age, more to do with how irritating I find them...

I must be one if the few who doesn't hate SB (but then he is rarely on in the evenings) so even though a hairy chest is not appealing to me I don't seem to notice it to the same extent as most. Funny old world.

Latest posts

Back