Presteeejus Nail Products in The Beauty Outlet Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Just laughing to myself during the last hour on QVC, don't know if any of you saw it - the Beauty Outlet hour, they don't do many of these so thought I'd see if I could spot anything worth grabbing. As it turns out it was all just stuff they've obvs had sat in the warehouse since Mrs Thatch last had her Carmens in.

Anyhoo - they wheeled out a couple of OPI kits and a Sparitual one, all lovely looking polishes, and the model was having a whale of a time painting her nails etc. Comes to the end of the segment and she obviously needs something to remove them with as her nails were all different colours. Alison proffers the nail varnish remover...

"cavegirl" I hear you cry "pray, pray, stop a while and tell us which brand of nail varnish remover they used on the model's nails to take away the last traces of prod-act and leave her literal actual nail area clean, conditioned and ready for the next set of polishes...

Was it Leighton Denny?
Was it OPI?
Was it Nails Inc?..."

Why, no - no it wasn't. It was 99p Sainsbury's Own Brand Nail Polish Remover:happy:. With Acetone:happy:. And germs in it:happy:. From the literal actual supermarket shelves :grin:. Brazenly had the bottle out on the table...audacious to say the least, when they're foisting expensive removers and nail cleansers on us...:wonder: Just thought I'd share this thrilling tale with you.

I'm available for weddings, christenings and bar mitzvahs (I bring my own bacon rolls for the latter):sun:

PS - as a caveat, I must add, Sainsbury's Own Brand Nail Varnish Remover with Acetone and Germs in it is my own choice of varnish remover. It is very good.

Last edited:
I have it sky plused my lovely so I shalll look forward to seeing it later! You've made it so much more interesting now! :happy::sun: :giggle:

I saw some of the show. The Mary Cohr range always seems to be dragged out on outlet hours and always seems to be on the website clearance/last clicks. I have never seen it presented on normal beauty hours. Has anyone used it?

I have it sky plused my lovely so I shalll look forward to seeing it later! You've made it so much more interesting now! :happy::sun: :giggle:

Oh. Oh no! I fear I may have made it sound infinitely better than it was:happy:. It was a bit blink and you'll miss it - but it was definitely Sainsy's own brand stuff - funny more than anything, but a bit bad really when you think of all the expensive brands they try and flog us!!

Cavegirl,I now use Simple eye make up remover as once recomended by you on here.it is so much better than other more expensive ones I have used,including floracil,so thanks for that.

How funny. Well spotted cavegirl. Pity the model didn't throw a fit of vapours and say she couldn't let a supermarket brand near her actual literal nails. Alison embarrasses those poor girls often enough. Would have loved to hear her wriggle out of that one.

Oh. Oh no! I fear I may have made it sound infinitely better than it was:happy:. It was a bit blink and you'll miss it - but it was definitely Sainsy's own brand stuff - funny more than anything, but a bit bad really when you think of all the expensive brands they try and flog us!!

I think it's both hilarious and ridiculous Cavey and will wear my specs especially since I'm not as eagle eyed as some! Well spotted that woman! :happy: :sun:

Cavegirl,I now use Simple eye make up remover as once recomended by you on here.it is so much better than other more expensive ones I have used,including floracil,so thanks for that.

Me too - the simple eye make up remover is the best I have used too. I used to use floracil.

ChinaGirl-so glad you like the Simple stuff!!! It's my favourite too!

and thank you WildRose :blush:

Cavey - are you quite literally, actually saying that AY is a big fibbing hypocrite? I dont mind, just so long as you have a sweep of Balance & Brighten with literally a dab of some actual Fran Wilson lipgloss on before telling us that.

:happy:

Cavey - are you quite literally, actually saying that AY is a big fibbing hypocrite? I dont mind, just so long as you have a sweep of Balance & Brighten with literally a dab of some actual Fran Wilson lipgloss on before telling us that.

:happy:

:grin:

*looks up from crayoning cheeks*

I literally actually have no idea what you mean. She always tells the truth for you, and a lie never literally actually passes her literal lip area ever. If it did, she could use item number 653258 the Gatineau Melatogenine Instant Lie Smoother guaranteed to seal her mouth shut forever.

*goes back to crayoning*

bottoms fallen out of the remover market on Q cos theyve been stopped selling the big sizes.

health and safety at the warehouse init.

gobby said so t'other week.

Sainsbury's cheapo pink acetone laden 99p stuff is my remover of choice too.

I did have a little bottle of Leighton Denny remover and much as I LOVE his other products - it literally actually didn't remove any of the literal actual polish from my actual literal nail area (for you).

Sometimes cheap basic stuff does the job just as well.

As long as it's non acetone I don't really care what I use. Worst nail polish remover I've ever used was one of those bottles with a sponge where you dip in your ail and twist. Useless!

Well spotted Cavey. Have just re watched the Spiritual nail bit. I was watching yesterday , or rather half watching as doing the ironing :sweat: & never spotted it at the time.

What a hypocrite AY is.

I also had the Leighton Denny remover which came in a kit. but it was hard labour getting the polish off, took ages. We don't have Sainsburys here but I use a cheepie one from Boots. It does the job fine and I think you need the nasties in it to get the polish off. I don't believe everything I am told these days on QVC. GREAT tips on here too.

The model who was with Alison, her name was Anita. Wasn't she a pleasant woman! Very natural. Alison was praising her about her beauty and her'wild flamenco looks'! [You know what she's like]. I just noticed how nice she seemed. Does she come in many other shows as I've not seen her before? I liked the way she was putting all the moisturiser on her bare skin. Very natural lady who didn't seem to mind you seeing her without make up. Her skin was flawless for one of the more mature models too. Didn't look like there was any work done either.

The model who was with Alison, her name was Anita. Wasn't she a pleasant woman! Very natural. Alison was praising her about her beauty and her'wild flamenco looks'! [You know what she's like]. I just noticed how nice she seemed. Does she come in many other shows as I've not seen her before? I liked the way she was putting all the moisturiser on her bare skin. Very natural lady who didn't seem to mind you seeing her without make up. Her skin was flawless for one of the more mature models too. Didn't look like there was any work done either.

Yes, she was a nice lady wasn't she? She had what my Ma would call 'a bit of something about her..':happy: seemed to have valid opinions on things and looked lovely without make up on. They need to use her more often!

Latest posts

Back