Price of diamonique

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Ok, so the price of gold has stopped QVC being the no.1 retailer for gold jewellery (their own claim a few years ago), BUT how can their own brand of Diamonique (glorified bits of glass) rocket so much in price. I purchased this

http://www.qvcuk.com/Diamonique-46ct-tw-Semi-Bezel-Set-43cm-Necklace-Sterling-Silver.product.695003.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-9-_-695003

for less than £100 around 4 years ago, and I nearly fell through the floor when I saw the price now !

Where's the justification ????

Because people are stupid enough to pay it, bascially. The intrinsic value of cubic zirconia aka diamonique is pennies, but is irrelevant - if you can market it in the way QVC can, then you can seemingly sell it at silly prices.

Just imagine if they mentioned on air that Elizabeth Duke (of previous Argos fame) had a very large line of cubic zirconia jewellery. In fact, Elizabeth Duke could be considered at that time the leading retailer of Diamonique!

Diamonique is a poor and rather clumsy collaboration of words diamond and unique.

It fails on both counts and belongs in the market of rolled gold, rhinestones, immitation pearls and end of pier grab machine prizes.

As PP points out, it is only so expensive because people are silly enough to buy it.

I see lots of similar stuff to Q`s diamonique in my local branch of Warren James and much cheaper. I`ve had pendants, bracelets, a necklace and several pairs of earring from them, all sterling silver with CZ and they`re as good, often better than eek stuff.

Where Q used to excel was in offering diamonique in believable settings in 14 & 18ct gold. They looked reasonable and could be passed as 'real' for the casual observer.

Now it's mostly in silver and only 'clad' in gold or platinum and that gives the game away.

I wish they still did the gold range as I had some lovely buys back in the 90s and 00s.

I have some pieces in 14ct white gold, the rings have small stones and worn them for years. Never went for the Liz Taylor's as I call them. I swear the most I ever paid was £30+, now what I paid for them has been for a number of years now what they are charging for silver. I remember TSV silver Diamonique at £12!!!! I always thought the earrings expensive at £14+ :mysmilie_15:

I loved the channel set or eternity style, but they seem to go for the classic or old fashion styles which does not interest me. Oh and the price, really £60-£80 for silver!!! Not happening.

I have two rings and one pair of diamonique earrings all from years ago and all set in gold. I would think they were cheaper than todays silver set eek. Just recently I bought myself a pair of Veronese earrings... I am very impressed, as I have never been able to wear anything other than gold. They are tricolour and imo they are lovely, and well worth the money.

Where Q used to excel was in offering diamonique in believable settings in 14 & 18ct gold. They looked reasonable and could be passed as 'real' for the casual observer.

Now it's mostly in silver and only 'clad' in gold or platinum and that gives the game away.

I wish they still did the gold range as I had some lovely buys back in the 90s and 00s.

Yes, that's right. The other problem is selling 2 and 3 carat diamonique rings or, even worse, earrings. They're such giant rocks that it's obvious that they're fake. A 1ct diamonique in 18ct yellow is believable; a 3ct in platinum-plated silver is not.

theres the gold fever show with 637 013 a 9 carat gold pyramid ring aka dinny hall for £59.88. qvc are good at copying high end stuff and selling for a more down to earth price

Latest posts

Back