Prices Candles TSV 09/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After today's Yankee disaster I am hoping that the Prices offering is a bit more realistic in terms of price to quality as well as reasonable postage......I won't hold my breath though...

nice but not as christmassy as i would have liked but if you get all three boxes and the t lights could be a non brainer

Auto-delivery I assume from the photos (13 pieces in the description so 3 votives and 10 tea lights)? I prefer Prices' scents to Yankee, which tend to be too strong for my nose!

Sorry but........ Are we saying just under £20 plus postage for all three sets???? So 9 small candles? Crikey! I may have to break my non Yankee policy and get this.

Sorry but........ Are we saying just under £20 plus postage for all three sets???? So 9 small candles? Crikey! I may have to break my non Yankee policy and get this.

Oh yes now I read more closely it's 3 x 13 pieces...I thought it looked like a auto delivery sets. Well that's looking tempting I must say. I could give the Xmas set to one of the out-laws (I don't like cinnamon, orange and clove scents) and the rest I'll use or give as presents through the year.

I have just looked on Prices' site and cannot see any small coloured wax candles that burn for 40 hours so assume these are specially made for Q. The 30 hour candles are £5.75. However, I did see they have large jar candles in coloured wax which burn for 150 hours..... Only 10 scents though and they cost £18. They look just like housewarmers!

I had a prices TSV one time before and I used to burn 3 tealights at the same time which gave a lovely scent. They were excellent value for money and there were so many of them I actually did do the "gift to the Avon girl", "gift to the neighbour" etc and everyone loved them. Definitely going to look at this. A different kind of scent to the Yankee candles, a softer scent I would say.

CC

I think the last cheap TSV they did had fewer candles but loads of tealights, all in that horrible plastic wrap rather than a nice box. I didn't really rate Prices when I got them in a TSV years ago as the scent was overpowering in cold sniff but faded to nothing in the burn. So does that mean just perfumed on the top??? However, those were white so maybe they have changed the formula?? I would never think of them to replace YC but would burn one if I wanted to use up some tarts for instance as I never use those alone without a candle.

I think the last cheap TSV they did had fewer candles but loads of tealights, all in that horrible plastic wrap rather than a nice box. I didn't really rate Prices when I got them in a TSV years ago as the scent was overpowering in cold sniff but faded to nothing in the burn. So does that mean just perfumed on the top??? However, those were white so maybe they have changed the formula?? I would never think of them to replace YC but would burn one if I wanted to use up some tarts for instance as I never use those alone without a candle.

5 jars & 90 tealights are usually just under £20 + post so based on that id say this is abouit £25 + post

Hee-hee!

I'm fairly liberal in where I bestow my candle loyalties :mysmilie_17: Yankee, Heart & Home, Prices, Heyland & Whittle, White Company, Spry, Illumens... that I can admit to at present.

Downside with Price's is that there is a high chance that it will be presented by Linda de Magistris - she's just been on with Micéal on the gift show he's doing. Stacked up against the passion and knowledge of both Rosa and Stephen she unfortunately illustrated all the disadvantages of the all-purpose bland ambassador and couldn't answer any of Micéal's questions about the fragrance notes in the candles and just came up with really dull "fresh" comments about the set of 2 large jar candles... she didn't say anything that would make me tempted to get buy. I just hope I'll be wrong and they'll actually draft someone in who knows and cares about Price's for the TSV.

Latest posts

Back