Primer Recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good face primer - not necessarily from qvc but it does help as I can try it for 30 days before deciding.

I have always used Smashbox but the last bottle I had separated and the top was all runny and the bottom too solid. Also thought I would like a change. I had a bit of a make-over at the Bobbi Brown counter the other day and the assistant used the BB vitamin enriched face base - this had a lovely aroma and worked ok so this is the one I am tempted by.

Unless of course you can advise me of others which I ought to try?

Mally's primer is excellent (I bought the 'Glow' one). I also like Laura Geller's Champagne primer, but her primers do leave a shiny (although not greasy) look to the skin.

I usually use Philosophy The Present which gives a nice matt finish but for a change, I've just bought Smashbox photo finish targeted pore and line ~ it gives a similar finish and I'm liking it a lot!

I'd plump for LG Spackle. Smashbox one didn't suit my skin at all - made it feel horrible, but I do know many folks love it - as with all these things it's horses for courses...

Oh well I am using Prescriptives at the moment. Unfortunately the company is no more. I have a few stockpiled.

Laura Mercier is excellent, I think she was the first one to ever bring it out? Smashbox, I prefer the Light version rather than the normal one.

A bit of a different one - I bought a Maybelline one - its in a little pot. It's excellent very smooth, if thats the right word? Worth a try for about 6 or 7 pound.
Mollymoo

A bit of a different one - I bought a Maybelline one - its in a little pot. It's excellent very smooth, if thats the right word? Worth a try for about 6 or 7 pound.
Mollymoo

I tried this one too mollymoo, not bad at all..at the mo I'm using the Barbara Daly one, about £8 from Tesco..also works well

i love all of laura gellers spackles, they do leave a shine but as i usually top with b&B it isnt a problem

Latest posts

Back