Problem

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
HI FOLKS, JUST WONDERING I HAVE A MOBILE, AN IPAD AND A DESKTOP TOWER COMPUTER - THE LATTER i'VE ALWAYS BEEN USED TO SINCE THE LATE 80S - DIFFERENT ONE OF COURSE. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOTICED THAT ON THE LAST THREE DAYS, IF I GO TO QVC UK HOME PAGE AND CLICK ON 'PLAY' ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS.

IT PLAYS ON OTHER DEVISES BUT I'M STUMPED AS TO WHY THIS HAS SUDDENLY HAPPENED. I'VE CLEARED THE COOKIES ETC., DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO ?

HI FOLKS, JUST WONDERING I HAVE A MOBILE, AN IPAD AND A DESKTOP TOWER COMPUTER - THE LATTER i'VE ALWAYS BEEN USED TO SINCE THE LATE 80S - DIFFERENT ONE OF COURSE. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOTICED THAT ON THE LAST THREE DAYS, IF I GO TO QVC UK HOME PAGE AND CLICK ON 'PLAY' ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS.

IT PLAYS ON OTHER DEVISES BUT I'M STUMPED AS TO WHY THIS HAS SUDDENLY HAPPENED. I'VE CLEARED THE COOKIES ETC., DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO ?
I put a post about this earlier, and I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PHONE QVC ABOUT THIS when I saw your post.I

I will ring them anyway, and now I can tell them it is NOT just me. As I said before, the website children have mucked it up for Windows users.

I put a post about this earlier, and I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PHONE QVC ABOUT THIS when I saw your post.I

I will ring them anyway, and now I can tell them it is NOT just me. As I said before, the website children have mucked it up for Windows users.
Ah Thanks Andi, the reason I thought I would put it here is because last week there was another problem, when I told them lo and behold “maybe you need to clear your cookies/cache” idiots, as if that I wouldn’t have already done that, treated me like an idiot.

So glad Andi it has happened to you too. I rang them yesterday was still waiting for someone to speak to me 20 minutes later so I hung up.

So much for their wonderful call centre.

Ah Thanks Andi, the reason I thought I would put it here is because last week there was another problem, when I told them lo and behold “maybe you need to clear your cookies/cache” idiots, as if that I wouldn’t have already done that, treated me like an idiot.

So glad Andi it has happened to you too. I rang them yesterday was still waiting for someone to speak to me 20 minutes later so I hung up.

So much for their wonderful call centre.
It was actually Stratobuddy who had the similar problem, made the effort and suffered the call centre malarkey, so I can’t take credit. All I did was sit here and chip in with unhelpful sarcy comments about their web team. I’m glad you Microsoft users are getting it sorted, though. It used to be Mac/Safari users who had problems. I rang once and was told I needed to change my browser. Why should I? I told them politely it was easier to change what website I shopped with.

It was actually Stratobuddy who had the similar problem, made the effort and suffered the call centre malarkey, so I can’t take credit. All I did was sit here and chip in with unhelpful sarcy comments about their web team. I’m glad you Microsoft users are getting it sorted, though. It used to be Mac/Safari users who had problems. I rang once and was told I needed to change my browser. Why should I? I told them politely it was easier to change what website I shopped with.
Apologies Andi, it was Srata that I meant LoL. On my desktop I have Chrome and quite happy with it, besides it was only QVCs website I had the problem with hence my thinking the problem was their end.

I can play videos on my iPad but not on my android phone using Chrome. I can play them on Samsung internet. So it’s not just windows generally.
Honestly, Q just need to get the basics right. It seems like it’s always too much for them. Our expectations are now so low they are subterranean.

Apologies Andi, it was Srata that I meant LoL. On my desktop I have Chrome and quite happy with it, besides it was only QVCs website I had the problem with hence my thinking the problem was their end.
Not at all. It was just I felt undeserving of thanks. And I agree it’s almost definitely the QVC end. I hate it when companies get you to shut everything down, make loads of setting changes, etc, trying to blame your computer, your setup, the internet provider, never themselves.

I don’t play games anywhere, just not something that would interest me. I rarely use my mobile but keep it handy. I hate the Ipad so use Safari for searching, and the odd online order. If I am doing anything I deem important, there is no hesitation I use my Windows computer. I have frequently been angry with QVC mainly because some of their feedback tells me they don’t know what they are talking about.

They can no longer boast about their excellent customer service either.

Just out of curiosity on my computer this evening I clicked on 'watch live' QVC and it is now working. Sometimes, I don't always buy from QVC but one of the things I often like to do is watch the presentations live or otherwise on computer or tv to see how something is working or if I would like it.

One other thing I’ve noticed is that colour names have disappeared in most browsers. Again only the Samsung browser seems to work properly.

I was tempted to buy this when it was a TSV but it sold out.

Now it is in clearance so I was tempted again. But reading the reviews it seems it is not as easy to fold as they implied in the video, and I haven't got room to leave it up.

If anyone is interested in the reviews, I find it is a good idea to read them in the order from lowest ratings first.

OFF TOPIC I just heard on the news that Liz Truss has now appointed a sex equality minister - - - a man!

Latest posts

Back