Quick Grab It!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Quick question as just thinking.
So how does customer cancelled factor into the customers QVC returns rate that certain folks have been pulled up about before being issued with the letter?

???
saying not available to me

I checked my account and the payment is still pending, but thats happened sometimes when I have ordered something and quickly cancelled afterwards, the payment can be pending for days before it dissappears, Q told me thats what happens, when i have cancelled orders and queried it once, their systems must be archaic. I could call them up and have a whinge about it but I am not sure I can be bothered and it won't get me anywhere, I should have learnt my lesson by now
My daughter purchased one later last night after it had shown not available for us, thinking she’d let lucky to get the last one.
Now hers has followed the same customer cancelled.
Asked her to check as she internet banks and her paying is held as payment pending, which is ridiculous if the item our accounts customer cancelled.

This the email response I got - nothing like ‘compensation will be discussed with everyone’ 😂

Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry to hear your order for Philip Kingsley Styling Partners 3 Piece Collection has cancelled. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused.

I have looked into this and unfortunately we have been unable to supply the item due to a stock problem. Your order was cancelled on the 28/1 due to this reason.

Please let me assure you that no charge has been made to your credit/debit card.

We apologise for the confusion caused by the status of this order online, our system will automatically state 'customer cancelled' if an order is not processed.

If we can help with anything else, please get back in touch with the team.

This the email response I got - nothing like ‘compensation will be discussed with everyone’ 😂

I am sorry to hear your order for Philip Kingsley Styling Partners 3 Piece Collection has cancelled. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused.

I have looked into this and unfortunately we have been unable to supply the item due to a stock problem. Your order was cancelled on the 28/1 due to this reason.

Please let me assure you that no charge has been made to your credit/debit card.

We apologise for the confusion caused by the status of this order online, our system will automatically state 'customer cancelled' if an order is not processed.

I would respect them more if they just admitted that some numpty had cocked up the price when listing it on their website, lying about 'having a stock problem' is par for the course though, lying is what QVC do best.

Someone with a legal background might clarify; isn't a web store item an " invitation to treat" and the customer is just "offering to buy". The vendor can cancel the sale. 'Though I agree the "problem with stock" excuse is a bit limp!

Amazon had a blip on their site a while ago, which resulted in my ordering some slippers for nothing. They attached a voucher code to the product and when that was applied at checkout it took the price down to £0. It was removed from the site shortly after I’d received my confirmation email because it was obviously a mistake. Amazon honoured their mistake and I got the slippers the next day.

That’s why QVC is not top dog ..... they just think that they’re above everyone else in the retail market. I would have thought that if a customer has received a confirmation email that it’s almost on a par with a contract between the customer and the retailer.

Maybe those affected should post on Trustpilot because QVC can’t delete any negative posts on that. Posts that are already on there about their so-called “top rated service” tell another story.

I can put the link if anyone is interested.

I decided to go back on their incorrect explanation and got the following.......still no offer of discussing compensation as advised to Shopperholic!

Thank you for getting back in touch.
Please accept my apologies for the confusion caused by my previous response.

Upon looking into this further, we have been advised the stock issue was a pricing error. This was sold at the incorrect price and all orders for the item have since been cancelled.

The previous information was given due to the system showing this as cancelled due to a back order issue. I can confirm we will be in touch with further information as soon as possible.

Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From their terms and conditions.

2.4 Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will take place when we despatch the products ordered to you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with section 9 below.

6.4 In the unlikely event that the price of a product has been incorrectly advertised, we will contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or we are unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel the order. We will not be obliged to supply products at the incorrect price. Further information on pricing is available at www.qvcuk.com.

They aren’t following the process stated but they don’t have to sell the goods at the incorrect price. It would reflect better on them if they came clean and admitted it was a mistake.

There was no stock issue or people wouldn't have been able to buy them and get a confirmation. The issue was QVC would have lost a ton of money if they fulfilled orders at £4. If they had 10,000 units and were losing £40 on each, that's a hell of a lot of cash to lose. I can see why they won't honour it but don't lie about it, that's just going to come back to haunt you.

CC

So just a stock problem then, so why aren’t the customers being offered an advance order date as to when they will receive their purchases
I take it then QVC won’t be reoffering the same said set anytime soon then ;)

When I spoke to them they tried the no stock and back order rubbish with me, when I told her come on, why are QVC never honest, we both know it’s the price. She then admitted it and said everyone would get a phone call and offered compensation, I told her I didn’t believe her and how disgusted I am at them as a company. To be honest she wasn’t bothered and didn’t give a sh!t. But we all know what they’re like as a company, so that won’t come as a shock to anyone.

Amazon had a blip on their site a while ago, which resulted in my ordering some slippers for nothing. They attached a voucher code to the product and when that was applied at checkout it took the price down to £0. It was removed from the site shortly after I’d received my confirmation email because it was obviously a mistake. Amazon honoured their mistake and I got the slippers the next day.

That’s why QVC is not top dog ..... they just think that they’re above everyone else in the retail market. I would have thought that if a customer has received a confirmation email that it’s almost on a par with a contract between the customer and the retailer.

Maybe those affected should post on Trustpilot because QVC can’t delete any negative posts on that. Posts that are already on there about their so-called “top rated service” tell another story.

I can put the link if anyone is interested.

Amazon did this to me with a refund, they refunded me twice so rang up to tell them, they told me thanks for making them aware and to keep the money, it was £49 so felt quite guilty keeping it. Even Ideal World did this with a Halogen oven, sent me two and told me to keep them both. No one expects anything for free, just as well in QVCs case, but let’s face it honesty doesn’t cost a Penny.

There was no stock issue or people wouldn't have been able to buy them and get a confirmation. The issue was QVC would have lost a ton of money if they fulfilled orders at £4. If they had 10,000 units and were losing £40 on each, that's a hell of a lot of cash to lose. I can see why they won't honour it but don't lie about it, that's just going to come back to haunt you.

CC
They could have honoured the orders up to the day of them realising pricing mistake, doubtful that would have been 10,000 units. Good will and all that.

Someone with a legal background might clarify; isn't a web store item an " invitation to treat" and the customer is just "offering to buy". The vendor can cancel the sale. 'Though I agree the "problem with stock" excuse is a bit limp!
Yes, I read the moneysaving forum and over the years this one has come up. Lost Of A Bargain is the term I believe. If the price is a mistake and the company can clearly see it is a mistake they have the right to cancel. The contract is formed when the money is taken and item actually shipped.

There is one on there now, man bought jewellery £3000+ but they only charged him £22! So company have discovered and asking him to pay the correct amount minus the £22. He was asking does he have to pay? Oh, and he has spent some money he owes. The replies were how did he not notice he had over £2000+ extra in his bank account? Oh, yes he does have to pay the rest.

Another classic which has been turning up over the years and very recently. Customer order X price ££ and iMac book turns up or something very expensive. Can this be classed as Unsolicited goods and can they keep the iMac and not pay for it? No, unsolicited goods are items you never ordered from the company and suddenly something addressed to you turns up. It has to be your name and address.

I believe some order order from Harrods a few years back and when they realised the they had offerd at a lower price than should have, they cancelled orders.

Latest posts

Back