QVC Beauty Bash Invite.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catlady

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone. Just got an invite to the beauty bash, January 2012. Anyone been before?. We will have to travel for 3 hours on the train to get there. Is it worth it? Any tips on what will be there and what freebies do you get (not that that matters of course, but just curious lol) Thanks all xx

do you need a companion catlady i have never had an invite and i have been shopping with qvc from the very begining lol!

do you need a companion catlady i have never had an invite and i have been shopping with qvc from the very begining lol!

same here. i wonder how they decide who gets them, who gets to do the product trials, come to that, who gets the christmas cards.....

I've never had anything from QVC even though I've been shopping with them for years and spent loads of money (not so much lately though!) I'd love to know what their criteria is for these things.

About 5 years ago I received an invite for a fashion event at marco polo house. It started at 10 am, so even living in Bedfordshire I had to travel throughout the rush hour to get there, and its south of the river which meant a taxi journey as well.

The meagre buffet was good, but not enough of it; and all the big guns turned out ie Simon Wilson (who spent most of his time talking to the models); Kim Mendellson showed up and rattled on endlessly about her products (as usual) but surprisingly did not have the ability to hold a 'proper' conversation and giggled a lot; Lorraine from Kipling was also there and she was the most chatty. Julia (and her toeposts) was polite but not over friendly, and Dale was nowhere near as tall as I imagined he was - probably around 5'9 ish. Chuntley was stick thin and had her hair in long long ringlet. Lots of attendees wore Indigo Moon (groan) and Kim & Co.

The goody bag included a qvc teddybear, qvc ruler, a weird looking Kipling drawstring duffel bag, a Kim & Co scarf and a couple of other non-descript bits. It all finished around 2ish, so we (oh yes the invite was for me and a friend) wandered off to Convent Garden in hunt of a proper meal before going home. In all it was an experience but it cost a lot of money to do it, and compared to some I didn't have to travel that far !

Latest posts

Back