QVC France - introductory page showing Turnover by QVC country

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Some interesting figures presented showing the size of the QVC operation.

http://qvc.fr/nous-connaitre/

Chiffre d'affaire = turnover.

UK 3rd biggest after US and DE.

Key facts:

Established for 29 years

Global presence: USA, UK, Germany, Italy, Japan, China and France

17,000 employees in 2013

Turnover in 2013: USD 8.8 billion

300 million households follow our live broadcasts available 24h / 24h and 7d / 7d

69 million shipments

Over 10 million customers

And from the main homepage - there is a section on available jobs

http://qvc.fr/

It seems very clear they are aiming 100% at women: beauty, jewellery, fashion and home are the only departments highlighted in their introductory video (featuring some quite old footage from QVC UK - eg: Catherine Huntley with a very nice, very short bobbed hairstyle she had years ago).

A bit strange that they are aiming it so exclusively at women, although the pictures on the 'about' page are also of men.

Yes - I know. But given the juggernauts that are beauty, fashion and jewellery as a start-up operation it makes sense as the lowest-risk approach.

It's great that they have this kind of corporate information. I dare say that will change once they are actually in operation rather than in the start-up phase.

I wonder if they will have an Alison Jeune as their resident beauty expert, a Charlie Ruisseaux eating all the food and Jill Affranchit going on about how much stock she (personally) has left? Not forgetting a Deborah Silex who writes smutty books on the side and causes controversy on French shopping telly forums.

Oops sorry! Forgot about the qualification ... obtained in the actual France area, no doubt!

She worked for both Clarins and Decleor, and both do actually do some of the training in France - so you could be right on the money there!

She worked for both Clarins and Decleor, and both do actually do some of the training in France - so you could be right on the money there!

Good research, MML! I like Clarins products but some of the methods of application are just daft.

It doesn't surprise me that they aim for women, we can see that now as we watch. I must say there is much about Q that I hate, including some of its presenters, but I would rather shop with them as some of the other high street and online shops when I'm looking for something, you can be sure you won't be bothered by unsolicited catalogues, which I absolutely hate. I ordered one item online from a well known company, and viola within days not only did I receive their catalogue but other companies I've never heard of, the odd thing is I always put a tick in the box that says something to the effect that you don't want mail shots from partner companies blah di blah di blah.

I knew Q was a very well off company the marketing ethos they use works every time, if you are in any way naive, I pride myself that most of us Brits are not so naive as others - could be wrong of course.

Latest posts

Back