QVC has threatened to closed my account!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It would be highly unfair if they included clothing- we all know how much difference there is in the sizing between makes.

Also what about faulty goods...I'm currently waiting the 3rd version of a Gabby Skye dress I ordered. Its lovely and fits perfectly but everyone so far has been faulty eg clicks, marks....thats not the cusotmers fault eg its not a 'return', its QVC's poor quality control!

It would be highly unfair if they included clothing- we all know how much difference there is in the sizing between makes.

Also what about faulty goods...I'm currently waiting the 3rd version of a Gabby Skye dress I ordered. Its lovely and fits perfectly but everyone so far has been faulty eg clicks, marks....thats not the cusotmers fault eg its not a 'return', its QVC's poor quality control!

They do include clothing, and faulty items.

That's why we can't generalise about people who have had The Letter, because we don't know why the returns happened.

Generalising about everyone who gets The Letter is buying into the QVC way of looking at things that a return is a return and why it happened doesn't matter.

When of course it does.

It makes me rather angry when people assume the fault is always on the side of the customer in the matter of returns.

The only people I know personally who have had the letter have been nice old ladies who have done nothing worse than believe what the presenters say on air, and then patiently queue and pay to return items that were broken, damaged, mis -sold, mis-described, not what they ordered, had bits missing, were badly stitched, were badly sized, were already used, or stopped working after 6 weeks etc items without a complaint, and at their own time and expense.

We like to believe that people who get The Letter are not people like us, but the truth is anyone can have a run of bad luck with items from QVC which takes their total over the 50% for the year.

On that note, I can't find out whether it's a rolling 12 months or a calendar year where you get a clean slate every January. Does anybody know?

I was the first person on ST.com to report receiving the letter, many years ago. I wasn't able to find out what time frame was applied then and, having followed every thread since, no one has ever discovered it! I've ordered far less since then. I wasn't abusing their No Quibble 30 day MBG; just received a lot of cr@p!

Jude xx

Rather than sending a letter they should be ringing the customer and enquiring if anything has been wrong as opposed to assuming the customer is at fault. For example if I look at my last few returns I would say....
1) Peony 'try me'- sent back because I nearly cut myself on the bare wire that was poking out....
2) 2 x Gabby Skye Dresses- first one had massive click running across the back, the second had a mark on the front and I didn't see why I should have to wash something before I actually wore it the first time!!
3) Ronni Nicole 'O So Slim'- ordered 3 dresses for my hildays- not one fitted despite ordering the same size that fits me perfectly with Nina Lenord or Gabby Skye
4) The infamous Lotus TSV wedges- if I said the current review rating was 1.9 after 85 reviews...enough said

Seriously they need to get a grip and realise that they equally have a responsibility to.

Look at the customer service at say John Lewis...I bought an excellent leatrher bag but when I got it home there was a mark on it..I took it back and discovered it was the last one..they gave me a voucher for a coffee in their cafe and tried to clean it whilst I was away
Amazon- sent a faulty DVD one day, received the next and credited to my account.

QVC needs us more than we need them. The days of them having exclusive fantastic skincare deals are slowly going. I use the likes of websites like feelunique & salonskincare. Fantastic elemis collections and free P&P/10% promotions all the time.

QVC- I'm sure we could survive without you but not you without us.....

I havn't had the letter but, the December before last, after waiting for three weeks for several Christmas presents to arrive, and seeing that they were marked "sent", I logged on to my account to check exactly when they were sent, only to find they were all marked 'returned'.
I rang CS and asked how they could be returned when I hadn't actually received them and she blithely informed me that, due to the Royal Mail strikes, they had a backlog , so decided not to send them. She then informed me that they had sent me a letter. Letters to Greece take a long time and, incidentally, that never arrived either!
She insisted that they would not be treated as returns but after pursuing the matter for weeks, I gave up in disgust and they remained on my account as returns. No apologies were ever forthcoming.

If they ever contact me about returns I'd expect them to give me the information on every single return and the reason I stated for its return: faulty, DSR etc.

As they make a judgement on our accounts based on this info I expect them to have analysed it fully! I'll gladly give them more info on each return and ask them to recalculate accordingly, taking out any where the reason for return was their own.

I know it wouldn't get me very far but I'd take great delight in trying to wind them up!:happy:

I am trying a product at the moment although QVC do not have the model I prefer.I thought it would be worth the P&P & return to try out.Then if I like the results I will consider returning & buying elsewhere.This is all about the 30 MBG & I have to say this product is on EZP so that might sway me?

If they ever contact me about returns I'd expect them to give me the information on every single return and the reason I stated for its return: faulty, DSR etc.

As they make a judgement on our accounts based on this info I expect them to have analysed it fully! I'll gladly give them more info on each return and ask them to recalculate accordingly, taking out any where the reason for return was their own.

I know it wouldan't get me very far but I'd take great delight in trying to wind them up!:happy:

I keep a detailed record of the reasons for every one of my returns - because I know QVC don't.

This year I began emailing the reasons because I know they don't read record or keep what we write on the Return Slip - which forces them to keep a record, because they do keep emails.

We all know hat a lot of people DO take the **** with the MBG because that's just what some people are like.

I can see both sides of this.
I remember biting my tongue on here a few years back, when someone said that they were returning a craft kit, but keeping some of it 'to cover the outward postage'. Someone else posted on the same thread that they had seen a kit they liked, but only wanted part of it, so were considering ordering and taking out what they wanted, returning the rest. I also know someone personally who was decanting some decleor into a one of those cheap travel bottles when I arrived. She said she was returning a kit but keeping the aromessence as she used that and it would 'only get thrown away.' All of this must impact QVC's profits whatever their MBG is.

I have drastically reduced what I buy from QVC now, but even so I have things listed on my account as returns that shouldn't be in my opinion- a Vax cleaner that was faulty-AND the replacement they said they had sent out after I asked for a refund, which I never received as it was sent back before the courier attempted to deliver it. I ordered a ring for a birthday present for my daughter, which sold out whilst on air. Instead of a £30 ring, I had delivered some earrings with diamonds and pearls listed as over £180. Luckily for them I am honest and returned them-but on my account, it just says I returned the ring. A nail polish set I ordered for my daughter never arrived-listed as a return. The wrong size birkis sent out, my actual size had by then sold out- again another return.

I won't be at all surprised to get one of these letters. I won't worry though as anything I desperately want (which is rare) I can get elsewhere. The peddling of the MBG is annoying- they should be more honest.

I can see both sides of this.
I remember biting my tongue on here a few years back, when someone said that they were returning a craft kit, but keeping some of it 'to cover the outward postage'. Someone else posted on the same thread that they had seen a kit they liked, but only wanted part of it, so were considering ordering and taking out what they wanted, returning the rest. I also know someone personally who was decanting some decleor into a one of those cheap travel bottles when I arrived. She said she was returning a kit but keeping the aromessence as she used that and it would 'only get thrown away.' All of this must impact QVC's profits whatever their MBG is.

I have drastically reduced what I buy from QVC now, but even so I have things listed on my account as returns that shouldn't be in my opinion- a Vax cleaner that was faulty-AND the replacement they said they had sent out after I asked for a refund, which I never received as it was sent back before the courier attempted to deliver it. I ordered a ring for a birthday present for my daughter, which sold out whilst on air. Instead of a £30 ring, I had delivered some earrings with diamonds and pearls listed as over £180. Luckily for them I am honest and returned them-but on my account, it just says I returned the ring. A nail polish set I ordered for my daughter never arrived-listed as a return. The wrong size birkis sent out, my actual size had by then sold out- again another return.

I won't be at all surprised to get one of these letters. I won't worry though as anything I desperately want (which is rare) I can get elsewhere. The peddling of the MBG is annoying- they should be more honest.

Just thinking about when they mark on people's accounts as 'returned' the stuff people have genuinely never received - do they think that people keep the item and just tell them they haven't received it? It's a bit ridiculous isn't it? QVC not trusting people, and also people that do take the ****, maybe they should just do away with the 30 day MBG altogether? Or make it absolutely crystal clear what will be marked as returns and the possible consequences as it's all a bit muddy at the moment. Just thinking as well - I have never had to sign for a parcel from QVC, perhaps if they changed this as well it would improve things on both sides - they would at least have proof then that you have actually received something! Most other parcels I have to sign for from couriers, not just expensive stuff either. Actually come to think of it - I don't sign for Amazon stuff! Oh I'm just thinking too much now lol!!! I don't really know what the answer is, but something needs to change I think on the system they've got in place at the moment.

Daisygirl, the previous poster has said that she has heard people on this forum say that they have kept some parts of a kit,I have also read that some people order knowing that they will use it and then send the remains back for the MBG, so for QVC to think that people are lying when they say they haven't received an item is not so ridiculous.
I think the answer is to mark each return or non arrival of an item accordingly on the QVC computer. It only would need for someone to enter a code surely it can't be that difficult.

Just wanted to reiterate that the vendors, not QVC, stand the cost of returned items; QVC loses its profits and some admin costs. If a customer decants a decleor moisturiser and returns the half-empty jar it's Decleor who lose the cost of the item, not QVC. My sympathies lie with the smaller vendors than with QVC; it's probaby the reason some decide to leave QVC.

I had a spate of missing parcels; either never delivered or stolen from my doorstep whilst I was at work, so QVC now send all my packages requiring a signature for the couriers or recorded delivery for Royal Mail. TBH it was a relief as I worried they thought I was pulling a fast one; it can be slightly inconvenient but I don't mind if it means everything arrives and I'm confident they can track any parcel I report missing without being suspected of theft.

In the earlly days of QVC I had an Elemis TSV which arrived leaking and was advised by CS to use whatever I wanted waiting for the return label to arrive. Also I wanted to return a weighty beauty product and the CS rep suggested I pour away some of the contents to to reduced the cost of return postage; these days QVC write to customers who return virtually empty pots, saying they'll process on this occasion but warning that future abuses of the MBG might not!

Regardless of the moral and legal whys and wherefores of these returns the bottom line is that QVC boasts a NO QUIBBLE mbg; they can't rely on this phrase and then start quibbling!

Jude xx

Last edited:
I agree that QVC must stop the 'no quibble MBG'. Presenters should outline what is acceptable and what isn't at frequent intervals and QVC should send customers a letter explaining the guidelines for returns or print it on the invoice.

Some one on Facebook asked about used beauty products and returning. I copied the reply on another thread. QVC actually worked out how much of a pot of cream the customer would use in a 30 day period. This was an offical reply from CS by the way. If the level was below that then a polite letter could be sent out if it happens again.

Some one on Facebook asked about used beauty products and returning. I copied the reply on another thread. QVC actually worked out how much of a pot of cream the customer would use in a 30 day period. This was an offical reply from CS by the way. If the level was below that then a polite letter could be sent out if it happens again.

Blimey, thats petty, I've heard presenters say that even if the jar / bottle is nearly empty Q will still refund.

Its all very misleading. I'm amazed Trading Standards have not had a pop at them.

I havn't had the letter but, the December before last, after waiting for three weeks for several Christmas presents to arrive, and seeing that they were marked "sent", I logged on to my account to check exactly when they were sent, only to find they were all marked 'returned'.
I rang CS and asked how they could be returned when I hadn't actually received them and she blithely informed me that, due to the Royal Mail strikes, they had a backlog , so decided not to send them. She then informed me that they had sent me a letter. Letters to Greece take a long time and, incidentally, that never arrived either!
She insisted that they would not be treated as returns but after pursuing the matter for weeks, I gave up in disgust and they remained on my account as returns. No apologies were ever forthcoming.

That has happened to me several times; especially at Christmas. In the days before we had a statement that we could view online I ended up callling customer services to be told that in item that had never arrived had been returned. That was really annoying especially when the items were gifts. The CS people should have more options regarding the wording they have available.

As Jude mentioned, it seems that QVC's policy if things are reported as not received is to ensure that they are then sent out requiring a sig. Certainly when I was a courier it was the case and I can't see them changing it.

I do agree also that the MBG is peddled far too readily by the presenters and it's no wonder, because of the way they peddle it, that some feel it's their divine right to abuse that privilege. At the end of the day it's a short-sighted thing to do as it invariably means prices and postage will be higher for everything as QVC have to cover the inevitable costs.

I think they encourage people to buy stuff willy nilly as its "so easy to return" it........... its misrepresentation if shoppers are then getting nasty letters

Ugh, to be perfectly honest, I have barely bought anything from QVC in the last 12 months and now probably won't use the account again, this utter lack of decent customer service disgusts me not to mention the ridiculous post and packing charges which are obscenely high. I think if I want anything in future I can probably get a better deal elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back