QVC hide behind Ts & Cs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Michael

Registered Shopper
I am so angry, I am glad I have found this site to vent my anger.

On 19th April 2013 I tried to order http://www.qvcuk.com/Peony-Floral-Home-Fragrance-Sprays.product.760340.html?upsh=1 as a gift, £6.76 with postage £9.71, simple you may think but you could not be further from the truth.

First of all I am locked out of my account without any notice, I am then told I have to speak to finance, they didn't work weekends so phone on Monday, I did so and then was told someone would ring me back, they didn't, I am then told it can take 72 Hours, eventually a woman called "Claire" phones missed the call phoned back had left the office, phoned again next day was her day off, phoned today on the phone, then she finally phones me to say that she was unable to verify my card, no idea why it is a Current Account at the Royal Bank of Scotland, then she says I am not on the electoral register, then she said she looked at Experian and could not locate at this address. I said they don't explain this on the TV, she just said it's in the Ts & Cs, I did try to put my point of view across but she just shut me down.

Joining QVC is NOT easy, if I was unable to get an item for £9.71 then how they can spout on about Easy Pay.

In my opinion the presenters should say that joining QVC is subject to a security check as for this Claire woman think she should stop talking and listen occasionally.

Rant Over!

I am so angry, I am glad I have found this site to vent my anger.

On 19th April 2013 I tried to order http://www.qvcuk.com/Peony-Floral-Home-Fragrance-Sprays.product.760340.html?upsh=1 as a gift, £6.76 with postage £9.71, simple you may think but you could not be further from the truth.

First of all I am locked out of my account without any notice, I am then told I have to speak to finance, they didn't work weekends so phone on Monday, I did so and then was told someone would ring me back, they didn't, I am then told it can take 72 Hours, eventually a woman called "Claire" phones missed the call phoned back had left the office, phoned again next day was her day off, phoned today on the phone, then she finally phones me to say that she was unable to verify my card, no idea why it is a Current Account at the Royal Bank of Scotland, then she says I am not on the electoral register, then she said she looked at Experian and could not locate at this address. I said they don't explain this on the TV, she just said it's in the Ts & Cs, I did try to put my point of view across but she just shut me down.

Joining QVC is NOT easy, if I was unable to get an item for £9.71 then how they can spout on about Easy Pay.

In my opinion the presenters should say that joining QVC is subject to a security check as for this Claire woman think she should stop talking and listen occasionally.

Rant Over!

Welcome Michael :wave: Great first post , If u use Fb post it on there aswell as Q hate it when people are complain on there.

This must be a really new thing, never heard of QVC doing credit checks on customers.

They must not want customers!!! If you have money in your bank to cover what you are buying, what has it got to do with them? You are not taking out a credit account with them. I know the catalogues like Look etc do have on the screen in small print that credit may be refused. The presenters are always saying they do not do credit checks etc when talking about easy pay etc.

I thought they don't do credit checks and if they check Experian it will leave a mark on your credit file and may stop you getting credit with anyone else.

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum, I can imagine how angry you must be! TBH you may have had a narrow escape with the peony spray, it doesn't get very good reviews.
Seriously though I'd be most angry that they ran a credit check, surely if your bank account are happy to issue you with a card to your present address your credit rating is none of their business. You haven't recently moved house and your bank account still registered at an old one? It's the only thing I can think of. Maybe ring your bank and ask if Q have even tried to debit your account?

I hope you get satisfaction but in my experience Q aren't comfortable with the concept of apologising!

Jude xx

It doesn't strike me as unreasonable for qvc to be concerned over whether they'll receive payment for an order if they can't get the payment card to authorise or be able to identify the customers existence at the address they provide.

There's a way of handling that situation more tactfully though, the customer would be the first port of call, they should have phoned Michael or written to explain there was a problem drawing down the funds. It could be a simple expired card or they typed in the number incorrectly. I've had a very nastily toned letter in the past where I've bought an item on 3 easy payments and the card had expired before the final payment.

Jude xx

There's a way of handling that situation more tactfully though, the customer would be the first port of call, they should have phoned Michael or written to explain there was a problem drawing down the funds. It could be a simple expired card or they typed in the number incorrectly. I've had a very nastily toned letter in the past where I've bought an item on 3 easy payments and the card had expired before the final payment.

Jude xx

I take your point, i took it from the original post which mentioned they'd been asked to contact finance that qvc had contacted them. I've received phone calls from qvc in the past asking me to contact finance because my payment card has expired part way through an easy pay - its been quickly sorted when I've phoned to give updated card details - all very straightforward and easily resolved.

That,s happened to me too, Spartacus and they were really nice about it.

Not suggesting this is true of the OP but what if someone tried to order those south sea pearls using a stolen credit card? As a new customer you don't have to put a PIN in, so isn't it reassuring that they try to check? No offence to the OP but if someone had stolen his card and tried to use it surely you would hope for vigilance?

Companies can check the electoral roll without doing a credit check - I can understand why QVC would want to confirm the delivery address as a security measure... this is entirely different from checking lines of credit, does not leave the same 'footprint' and shouldn't affect a credit file.

There have been random problems with RBS debit cards, I ordered a bird cage online (not QVC!) and it came back saying they couldn't authorise the payment as according to them the card was registered in Dubai. It was a load of old &%$$! It might not be QVC at fault

I would be very surprised if QVC did this on a regular basis. I am not on any electorial role or any credit agency as I live in France. QVC UK will send items to a number of non UK addresses, so I am not alone.

I feel that they do a lot of things on trust especially when sending abroad. I have had a few things that have never arrived and there is no tracking service for France, unless it is a large item. If I am missing something, I email them, they email me back a form to fill in and send back, and then some one will phone me a few days later to find out if I want a replacement item or a refund, and they apologise.

Personally I can't fault their customer service.

Latest posts

Back