QVC models on IW

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Currently watching Anca Té hour on IW. Models we know and love from QVC hours: Kathy (she of the Wham! video, back in the day) and Charlotte (plus a VT of Beverly C).

Late last week caught a bit of the Raquel Welch wig hour - with JJ turning up as one of the models.

I wonder if the models prefer being on IW - they get to talk and interact with the presenter and guest, rather than being mute and smiling inanely on QVC.

I agree, it is nice to see the presenters on IW chat to the models making them part of the show, rather than QVC were they order and prod them about with no interaction.........watch QVC copy IW now, like they do on most things, poaching brands and the short lived cruise program to name a couple.

At least the models KNOW how to talk on IW. On the rare occasion the Q models have uttered anything they've been like rabbits caught in the headlights and didn't know what to say other than 'oh yes' whilst grinning manically. !

At least the models KNOW how to talk on IW. On the rare occasion the Q models have uttered anything they've been like rabbits caught in the headlights and didn't know what to say other than 'oh yes' whilst grinning manically. !

When it's the same models, you can't help but think that it's the atmosphere/environment rather than the ladies themselves...

On IW they are treated as equals ,but on Q I get the feeling they are not allowed to outshine the presenters in any way. Loen started as a model on IW.

Loen was also on QVC as a model years ago.

Sheila, the model on IW and also on Pavers shoe channel speaks sooo slowly I find myself finishing her sentences, knowing that she loves absolutely everything; she's not really adding anything for me. The rest of them are ok.

Some QVC presenters don't even know the new or infrequent models' names, just referring to them as "the model".

Oh how I'd love to have seen Loen with the likes of Lenny !!! can you IMAGINE ????

Leon is one of IWs greatest assets, if not the greatest asset, she's really honest and great to watch, don't think she'd put up with any BS or anyone acting like a dive, so Simon Wlison.......off you pop. :mysmilie_14:

Some QVC presenters don't even know the new or infrequent models' names, just referring to them as "the model".

I really dislike that. I think everyone who is working on a show should be properly introduced to the audience at the start of the hour, and then name-checked whenever it would be confusing not to (eg: two models on at the same time). They're forever banging on about all these new customers - who won't have a clue who anyone is - so do them, and the rest of us the courtesy of not assuming we know who everyone is.

My hackles went up on one particularly diva-ish hour with Simon Wilson - where he barely deigned to interact with "the one who wasn't Ali" and then made fun of her name! I bet he wouldn't stand for it for one second if someone either ignored him or made fun of his name. To me, all the people working on a show are doing a job and deserve to be treated with the same courtesy. I think it's one of the reasons why, when I watch IW, something chimes right for me when there are models on - they are treated as equals by both guest and presenter. Something IW is definitely still doing right, despite the influx of ex-Bid TV presenters.

It's particularly true now that the number of proper (directly involved in the products) guest presenters is dwindling.

Leon is one of IWs greatest assets, if not the greatest asset, she's really honest and great to watch, don't think she'd put up with any BS or anyone acting like a dive, so Simon Wlison.......off you pop. :mysmilie_14:

I agree Shopperholic, she is very honest and great fun to watch. I saw her a while back presenting fashion with Lynn and she advised people not to buy the top Lynn was watching if they were a certain shape, she told them it wouldn't look good on them. She obviously then got a whole lot of abuse down her earpiece, but she justified herself and said there's no point people buying something that they won't like and then sending it back, she said she would rather people buy something that's going to look good on them. I quite often watch Loen on a Friday afternoon just for fun. She was once on with Jonny Vegas testing out mattresses and it was a scream to watch!!

Latest posts

Back