QVC Now Want Verification

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sometimes companies sell on people’s details to others but, as well as random dialling, these scammers can find someone’s phone number and personal details by searching the internet. There was an interesting series on the BBC recently where people who had been scammed were featured. The team’s ethical scammers (ie: not dodgy) were able to find loads of information about them from Facebook accounts, their purchasing history etc etc. A lot of companies ask for a phone number when you open an account so a scammer could find that easily.

I now stick any old number on my forms if I register somewhere because, if I want to contact them, I’ll ring them and not the other way round. It’s also another reason why I don’t have a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account because I prefer to keep my private life and personal details private.

Ah yes, you will own nothing and be happy. Clothing will be hired or rented, as well as everything else. I read a very interesting article on this a while back, which no longer seems to be there - or I just can't find it.

CC
It’s the World Economic Forum’s Agenda 2030, The Great Reset.
The people who meet in Davos, politicians, multi millionaires the likes of Bill Gates, the Facebook chap, etc. The “ elites”. Last meeting they decided the Covid epidemic was their great chance to reset the world’s economy.
There is a lot about it online if you put in Agenda 2030, the year they hope to have accomplished much of it

I went to Davos many years ago when it was unheard of, and the holiday brochure described it as something like "quiet but up and coming".

They were right, it was the cheapest place at the time, now it is the most expensive.

Travelled by coach, very gruelling.

Yes!

So friend phones me in a panic. Not shopped with QVC for a few months and ordering via the website something at £27.00 P&P £2.95. All well then a box pops up saying a two stage verification text will be sent and put the code number in. She got the text but Santander(which is also my bank) saying OPT might not be from them and if in doubt phone number given.

I said it's okay as you are buying something, is there a code? Yes. Well put that in and it went through.

So, I did read something on their Facebook and someone said something about it. Did not realize it was a two-step verification they meant? I have one set up with Amazon and think they are the way to go stopping fraud.

But this might not be a genuine OTP, might catch some out if ordering in a rush.
All banks are doing this, nothing to do with QVC.

Ah yes, you will own nothing and be happy. Clothing will be hired or rented, as well as everything else. I read a very interesting article on this a while back, which no longer seems to be there - or I just can't find it.

CC
Ahh the Great Reset curtesy of the WEF and Klaus Schwab..

The article I mentioned before had it all set out. How there would be super cities, transport would be hired, accommodation would be hired, even clothes. Food would be delivered to homes (already being done), travel discouraged, the need to work was vague (paid basic income for everyone, no benefits anymore). Some of this is already being done - cashless society for example being promoted. I'm not worried for myself as I'm in the last quarter of my life but if I had children/grandchildren then I may well be concerned. I always wondered why Mr Gates has the Uncle Walter haircut, geek glasses and the "Dad" jumpers. Maybe because he wants people to think he's a harmless old man. I'm not so sure. These are only my own thoughts and not intended to promote any kind of conspiracy theories.

CC

I have been reading lots on The Great Reset over the last 2 years. Conspiracy theories aside something very fishy is going on.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I still can’t solve this.
I can understand banks being wary, all for that. But my issue with QVC is that my credit card, that I use, has nothing to do with my bank. A different issuer entirely. plus when I do get the pop up box on Q for verification the last digits given for all three phone numbers are nothing like my phone number & doesn’t seem to be any way of putting my number. Looks like my days of buying from them are over.

I can understand banks being wary, all for that. But my issue with QVC is that my credit card, that I use, has nothing to do with my bank. A different issuer entirely. plus when I do get the pop up box on Q for verification the last digits given for all three phone numbers are nothing like my phone number & doesn’t seem to be any way of putting my number. Looks like my days of buying from them are over.
I don't think that makes a difference to be honest. I have various cards and I get the verification notice with all of them.
IIRC this was a government initiative aimed at reducing credit card fraud and had nothing to do with the retailers at all.
I'm usually not one to stick up for Q at all, but in this instance, they're entirely blameless really.

It really is nothing to do with QVC.

Whilst the credit card you use for QVC may not have anything to do with your bank, ie bank you have a bank account with, the card will be provided by a company/bank so you need to contact them and up date you phone number.

Latest posts

Back