QVC Outlet - Birchwood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting. Am tempted to get a cheap mid week train ticket and have a look. Or is it not close to a train station?

It’s actually really easy to find Snowstorm. Come out of the train station, cross over a small quiet road, and walk straight down through the car park to the shopping centre. From memory (but bear in mind I can be a bit ‘geographically challenged’ :giggle:) it’s first left then immediate right. Any other shopper in there would be able to direct you though, it’s not a big centre and QVC is a well-known unit. I phoned the store before I went the first time as I assumed it would be in one of those ginormous out-of-town shopping centres in the middle of a Spaghetti Junction which I personally loathe! I’d echo everyone else: it is a lucky dip, and you have to be choosy, but I’ve had remaindered items at 75% off that have clearly been packed by machine and never opened. Enjoy! :wave:

I go to the Birchwood QVC shop quite often . That's where I do most of my QVC shopping. The prices are 70% reduction off clothes ( and handbags also now) . You can actually try on certain clothes , as they have long mirrors. Best of all there's no P&P on anything bought !!
There's an extra discount on a Monday for pensioners .
Over the years I've had some lovely items at very reasonable prices , but you never know what you will find , if anything at all ! As others have said , it's a 'lucky dip' which is my favourite type of shopping !

OMG your not the lady are you that I caught between the rails stood only in her bra trying on ?

:blush:

It’s actually really easy to find Snowstorm. Come out of the train station, cross over a small quiet road, and walk straight down through the car park to the shopping centre. From memory (but bear in mind I can be a bit ‘geographically challenged’ :giggle:) it’s first left then immediate right. Any other shopper in there would be able to direct you though, it’s not a big centre and QVC is a well-known unit. I phoned the store before I went the first time as I assumed it would be in one of those ginormous out-of-town shopping centres in the middle of a Spaghetti Junction which I personally loathe! I’d echo everyone else: it is a lucky dip, and you have to be choosy, but I’ve had remaindered items at 75% off that have clearly been packed by machine and never opened. Enjoy! :wave:

Really grateful for the directions ArtDeco. I am not the best at navigating so really helpful. Quite looking forward to giving this a go. Am quite happy to take my chances and see what's available. Makes it all the more fun!! Am hoping that I can then sit on the train on the return journey with one of those gin and tonics you get in M&S and count up all the pennies I have saved. Train tickets look cheap mid week had a little look last night. So am quite looking forward to venturing out!!:sun:

Think I might give Birchwood a go also. Mind you, it's 2 trains from where I live in Chorley but I am a sucker for a bargain........hmmmmmm, worth the trip?

I always imagined it to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. I loathe driving with a passion these days so have never visited. Thanks for the directions - can see me going now I know it's manageable by train.

Think I'll be having a day out next payday in a fortnight. I'll get working out to fight off all the vultures :muscle:
Be my first shopping trip since I had the twins so might have to make a day of it :happy:

For those of you making special train journeys please make sure that someone locally has visited on the week your planning to visit before going to the expense of purchasing tickets.
Not only can the place be hit and miss with what is on offer more importantly at Birchwood it is if there's anything at all on offer to actually buy.
The stock levels have decreased this last 18 months to the point of nothing.

My friend went before Christmas and got candles and a coat, a full length one which was very nice,it was a Centigrade one with a faux fur collar
She goes quite a bit and says it's ok but like others have said it's hit and miss
I may pay a visit in a week or two just for a nosey.

I agree with what is said above - it is really not worth making a special journey, but if you are passing it is always worth popping in to see what they have in.

Think I might give Birchwood a go also. Mind you, it's 2 trains from where I live in Chorley but I am a sucker for a bargain........hmmmmmm, worth the trip?

I'm about three stops further up that line from you Jacqueline and have to change trains in Manchester for Birchwood, but you can break a return journey so my practice has been to go straight to Birchwood (changing at Oxford Road, much easier, hop off one train and onto the connection on the opposite platform, at Piccadilly you have to walk miles) and then on the way back get off at Manchester and do some shopping there. Two lots of shopping, that's what I call a good day out :rock:

Popped in there today - they had loads of EMU boots. Had a quick look at the Stinger short ones, think they were priced at around £74, then they had 30% off that price, then another 15% off today if you're a pensioner.

Jack Lalanne juicers for £29.99, loads of heavily discounted bags hanging up on rails, lots of Butler & Wilson gold mock croc bags with long straps and purse, in a box on the floor £6.99

Lori Greiner drawer divider things £4.99

Last edited:
Right that's it am definitely going to go. Anyway if there is nothing doing on the day that I go I dont mind. I like train journeys. Some nice me time to get some reading done!!

Popped in there today - they had loads of EMU boots. Had a quick look at the Stinger short ones, think they were priced at around £74, then they had 30% off that price, then another 15% off today if you're a pensioner.

Jack Lalanne juicers for £29.99, loads of heavily discounted bags hanging up on rails, lots of Butler & Wilson gold mock croc bags with long straps and purse, in a box on the floor £6.99

Nothing new then I can see they have been working hard stocking up again then not :giggle:

:sad:

Do they quite often have Emu's in then? I'm after a pair of those as I've heard they're better than UGG's. I've got my UGG's so I need some Emu's now to compare.......that's what I'm gonna tell OH anyway...... :giggle:

And ARTDECO, I love your way of thinking! Might have to pop in the Arndale on the way back...be rude not to really! :rock:

Last edited:
Do they quite often have Emu's in then? I'm after a pair of those as I've heard they're better than UGG's. I've got my UGG's so I need some Emu's now to compare.......that's what I'm gonna tell OH anyway...... :giggle:

And ARTDECO, I love your way of thinking! Might have to pop in the Arndale on the way back...be rude not to really! :rock:

Don't worry the Emu's aren't being quickly snapped up by the buy it loads Ebayers now, the Stinger Hi's are working out to be just under £80.

we're off to visit rellies this week, so we're having a day out by train ~ calling at qvc in the morning, then back to piccadilly to hop on a tram to the lowry outlet mall at salford quays :D

:tongue:

Those of you on the train best get your tickets booked pretty quick if you want a juicer :cheeky:
I'm sure they have had them in all of since last October :thinking:

we're off to visit rellies this week, so we're having a day out by train ~ calling at qvc in the morning, then back to piccadilly to hop on a tram to the lowry outlet mall at salford quays :D

Would be interested to see what you manage and if there's any MB Naran Ji hand wash ?

I did get one of the Lori Grener long mirror jewellery cabinets - which looked like new it still had the seals on it and the blue tape over the mirror bit. When I got it home it had a note tucked into it with a ladies name and address(!) explaining that she had ordered it for a present and the orginal was damaged so instead of waiting for this one which was the replacement to arrive she had ordered a second one so this was the orginal replacement which she just returned straight back. So whether you would describe that as second hand would be up to you. It was also a bargain at £40 instead of £120 off qvc!

I got one of those from Birchwood too - on my first visit. Mine was marked 'refused' on the packaging, so someone had ordered it and changed their mind. My best ever QVC purchase, that was, and I think I paid £36 for it.
On my second visit I saw a pair of Birkenstocks which had clearly been worn quite a bit and had some dog do embedded in the tread of the soles!
I bought a set of those TSA approved padlocks for USA travel and a Travelon vanity case, which was a very good price. Also picked up a Furminator for another forum member.
I went a third time but there was nothing I wanted to buy.

Latest posts

Back