QVC Parts with BTY Group

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, QVC have the announcement up on their Facebook page. Guest live chats will now be on the official QVC page every week.

Just to let you know that due to the recent changes to the Back to You Facebook group, QVC and Debbie Flint have agreed that we will remove our affiliation with this group as we focus on bringing you more content on our QVC Facebook page. We’d like to thank Debbie for all her help and hard work, and, due to the success of Debbie’s Facebook chats on our page in September, she has agreed to continue them on our page from the 13th November, every week at 6pm. Look out for these and much more exciting content coming soon!

Yes, I really do believe BTY won't have their own special live chats. OH!!! Nearly got hit by the flying pig overhead.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_15:

She's posted on her blog she won't be mentioning the BTY group on air anymore ..... I can see that happening NOT!!!

It was asking for trouble, especially with DF leading it, sometimes the lines were blurred and what with the whole debacle of the charity auction result that Debbie 'won' for a friend, I think Q have been wise to distance themselves from it.

I don't do FB but I think it's only fair that people who do get to take part in web chats, after all their money is as good as anyone else's.

She's posted on her blog she won't be mentioning the BTY group on air anymore ..... I can see that happening NOT!!!

Someone high up had a word with her I guess and she didn't have a choice but to 'agree' as they politely put it on FB.

No Marina, I meant from what I've read on here, many people were blocked from the BTY so couldn't take parts in chats, yet they were loyal QVC customers, sorry for the confusion.

I'd love to have been in on that interview! Next they'll be telling us she won't be advertising her books on air.
The nearest smilie I could find to a flying pig - :bat:

There has been a lot of outrage on the QVC FB page rumbling on about the guest live chats and why they weren't on the official QVC page. BTY has 4000 members yet the QVC page thousands more and some felt they were considered second class even though they spend money with QVC.

One faithful BTY member insisted Nicki from Lola Rose did one and people were rude to her. No wonder guests did not want to do them on the QVC page!!

After all the calls for everything to be on the main FB page only to make it fair for everyone, for BTY members not to be given exclusive access to info/offers, and for DF not to keep promoting the group/page on shows she presented, I wonder what has suddenly made QVC act?

It's because the BTY members recently voted to become a closed FB group rather than open. Apparently this means that they can't affiliate with QVC and this is why DF can't mention the group on air. As I understand it the live web chats will now take place on the main QVC Facebook page in addition to the BTY group.

Yes, QVC have the announcement up on their Facebook page. Guest live chats will now be on the official QVC page every week.

Just to let you know that due to the recent changes to the Back to You Facebook group, QVC and Debbie Flint have agreed that we will remove our affiliation with this group as we focus on bringing you more content on our QVC Facebook page. We’d like to thank Debbie for all her help and hard work, and, due to the success of Debbie’s Facebook chats on our page in September, she has agreed to continue them on our page from the 13th November, every week at 6pm. Look out for these and much more exciting content coming soon!

Yes, I really do believe BTY won't have their own special live chats. OH!!! Nearly got hit by the flying pig overhead.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_15:

Interesting...

The announcement on Q fb regarding DF hosting web chats on there is going down like a lead ballon :mysmilie_14: of course except her alter ego JT who's praising her as per usual

On the BTY group DF and her besto SH are still talking about "Monday Web Chats" continuing and they say that "loads are planned" and "some great ones are booked" .......... no idea what they're on about as I don't really pay much attention to that group as, as far as I can see it's mostly just the same people over and over again massaging each others egos :dull:

Well, I suppose at least DBF can guarantee guests will have an easy ride on her BTY page whereas on QVC facebook they'll have thousands of the general public to answer to.
I just can't help but wonder what prompted the change.....

Well, I suppose at least DBF can guarantee guests will have an easy ride on her BTY page whereas on QVC facebook they'll have thousands of the general public to answer to.
I just can't help but wonder what prompted the change.....

DF has said that the QVC weekly web chats will be strictly monitored by the media team and also that guests will still continue as normal on the BTY site. Members asked for a closed group as they don't want outsiders reading their sycophantic posts.

Closed groups don't allow any awkward questions as some on this forum found out. I don't follow any FB but from what I've read on here people asking awkward questions are blocked so maybe that's why live guests prefer the BTY group plus DF is very good at massaging egos.

Maybe they won't be so keen to chat on Q's open page live. Mind you ,I'm sure Q has its own ways of censoring things it doesn't like.

I reckon QVC would have some way of censoring "live" chats, otherwise no guest would want to answer to the general public who might not even have bought whatever item and want to know why it's so expensive or whatever.

Latest posts

Back