QVC rip-off alert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had one of these brush scrapers.
The brush is ok for soft snow on the roof but the ice scraper part was crap for me. No matter what car I have had I can never reach the middle of the windscreen so thought this would be the solution, the only problem is I couldn't get any pressure in the right place to have much of an impact. It worked on the side and rear windows but I wrote it off as a gimmick.

I also had scratches on my glass which I put down to the brush as is was quite stiff.

I had a laminated A4 poster in my car when I caught caught out by snow. The laminated poster was the best thing for shifting about 4 inches of snow off my car!

Scrapers can scratch your windscreen. We are OK just changed car and it has a heated windscreen!!!!!!! Not that we are out too early if a morning.

Heated screen is good! My rear screen defrosts / demists in a flash. The front one takes a bit longer. Sometimes I put aircon on to demist faster.

Scrapers can scratch your windscreen. We are OK just changed car and it has a heated windscreen!!!!!!! Not that we are out too early if a morning.

I love my heated windscreen. The problem I have when it's really really cold is that my frameless windows freeze and I can't get into the car!

I love my heated windscreen. The problem I have when it's really really cold is that my frameless windows freeze and I can't get into the car!

I'm not looking forward to the cold weather. It's so damp and dreary and depressing. I might get one of those SAD lamps. I bet we'll see those popping up on QVC at some point. They had one last year but it was £300. Made me depressed just thinking about it! I'd rather use the money towards a short break, not on some stupid overpriced lightbulb. I want it to be Spring again. Still, only 4 months to go!

QVC is my information service.

Were you one of the people who bought that ice-scraper / brush RJ and Craig Rowe were demonstrating this morning? (Here is the link to the OVERPRICED QVC version:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Ice-Scraper-&-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-506694

If so, you might be interested in THIS!

Re: that telescopic ice-scraper / snow brush RJ was showing this morning @ £11+, here is the same product for a tad over a fiver!

http://www.eckman.co.uk/shop/p-112-2-in-1-telescopic-aluminium-snow-brush-and-ice-scraper.html

I do like Eckmans as I'm a big fan of gadgets. They do some good motoring accessories.

I have always just used QVC as a information service and if on the rare occasions something does catch my eye, I will then google it and buy it elsewhere. The only thing that I have bought from their was some L'occitane soap as it was on Easy Pay and I couldn't really get it much cheaper for the actual combo put together. No as I say most items are overpriced. I mean you only have to look at the 'fruity' tsv recently. Though bizarrely it sold.

Just bought a non-telescopic brush-cum-ice-scraper this afternoon at aldi for £1.49. For £15+ (Qvc) I'm happy to walk round my car to brush the rest of the snow off.

Just bought a non-telescopic brush-cum-ice-scraper this afternoon at aldi for £1.49. For £15+ (Qvc) I'm happy to walk round my car to brush the rest of the snow off.

I think you did the right thing. I don't have an Aldi near me but when I see a cheap brush I will just buy it. I'm not going to pay £15 to line raspy Richard Jackson's pockets!

I have always just used QVC as a information service and if on the rare occasions something does catch my eye, I will then google it and buy it elsewhere.

I use QVC in the same way. I wouldn't dream of buying anything from QVC without first checking it out on google.

Yes, you can get all that kind of stuff much cheaper elsewhere - in fact, I've still got the scraper/brush I got in Poundland last year! It still looks fine and no sharp edges/split edges, so will be using it again this year if needed (but hopefully not).
99% of what QVC sell you'll find a lot cheaper elsewhere, it's obviously die hard fans and people who don't have the Internet that are keeping them afloat, found one even cheaper. http://www.gearbest.com/other-tools/pp_260219.html?currency=GBP&gclid=CMvZ3-Lat8kCFaEewwodUbIOTA

I use QVC in the same way. I wouldn't dream of buying anything from QVC without first checking it out on google.

Wise move. I think they still somehow make massive profits. I guess it's the power of telly - reaches so many. I have learned a lot from QVC over the years, particularly about waterless car washes, Slick 50 engine treatments, various gemstones and brands. I just like to have it on as wallpaper sometimes as I find it quite relaxing and there's generally never any bad news on there. I did buy the Showroom Shine kit for about £20 which I found to be good value and I really like the products. Crystal clear window cleaner, Showroom Shine and Dash Devil are amazing products. I haven't used Bug Buster yet but will surely put that to test next summer! Will definitely purchase them again but probably not from QVC as they don't do the special price all the time.

Last edited:
Yes, you can get all that kind of stuff much cheaper elsewhere - in fact, I've still got the scraper/brush I got in Poundland last year! It still looks fine and no sharp edges/split edges, so will be using it again this year if needed (but hopefully not).

I bought a stainless steel scraper from Asda for £4. I liked it because it looks classy! I think it's also solid, will last a long time and do a good job. It looks a bit like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S7OCEXW/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

In the past I used to use my credit card as an ice-scraper. Was about the only thing I used it for. I don't think Morgan Stanley ever made one penny from me!

Wise move. I think they still somehow make massive profits. I guess it's the power of telly - reaches so many. I have learned a lot from QVC over the years, particularly about waterless car washes, Slick 50 engine treatments, various gemstones and brands. I just like to have it on as wallpaper sometimes as I find it quite relaxing and there's generally never any bad news on there. I did buy the Showroom Shine kit for about £20 which I found to be good value and I really like the products. Crystal clear window cleaner, Showroom Shine and Dash Devil are amazing products. I haven't used Bug Buster yet but will surely put that to test next summer! Will definitely purchase them again but probably not from QVC as they don't do the special price all the time.

You and me both, Julius. Le Q is bland, relaxing wallpaper that informs before I shop for cheaper elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back