QVC sending Celebs Beauty Hampers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
Jilly Halliday has just re-tweeted Amanda Holdens picture of a big hamper paced full of goodies from QVC.

Well thats nice Q is that what the rip off P&P is paying for.

Jilly Halliday has just re-tweeted Amanda Holdens picture of a big hamper paced full of goodies from QVC.

Well thats nice Q is that what the rip off P&P is paying for.

Yes, that's exactly what it's for that and all the other freebies they give to employees and their family and friends.

It's just about marketing, isn't it? Celeb receives package, uses items. If they like them they might tweet/blog/whatever about the product. Simple marketing, that's all. It's very common, and lots of companies do it and have been doing it for years and years. Personally, I don't find it particularly annoying.

It wouldn`t annoy me if QVC did the same as other sellers ie. sent out a voucher code now and again, capped their p and p, held genuine sales with genuine discounts, kept their prices realistic, had better couriers, better quality control and better follow up on waitlist items but they do none of that. They take but give jack sh^t in return no matter how much you spend with them or how long you`ve been a customer.
I spend next to nothing with them these days but I can fully understand why customers are annoyed at freebies being sent to so called celebs, so called beauty bloggers and their so called tester panel.

I find it strange that they can send hampers (a huge one) to celebs but won't allow venders to give samples/freebies at the beauty bash attended by loyal customers.

it does bother me because qvc treat thier paying customers like is a grudge match...

Yes it used to bother me when I was a QVC customer, it's one of many reasons why I'm not now, I mean, would supermarket customers be fine with spending more on their shopping to give Carol behind the deli counter a box of free goods to take home with her?.........no I wouldn't be ok with that either.

If you click on AH tweet lots of comments saying thanks Q were is mine I spend loads of money ect, people not happy :giggle:

I do take on board what everyone is saying. But one of the hard facst of business is that they want/need publicity and giving gifts to celebs (whether or not we individually value them), is going to give them just that. Sending the rest of us freebies, while it might earn some good will, will not.

It doesn't bother me that QVC are giving stuff out but it does bother me a lot that the customer ends up paying through the nose for it, and for product that isn't really worth a fraction of what is paid.

Celeb please..... Z lister you mean for old Amanda(I married Les Denis has he was the most gorgeous man alive. Nothing to do with his connections in showbiz in my early days.), now I ar*e lick round my mate Simon instead.

Cheryl, up to real Hollywood stars have always got freebies, fashion, diamonds, beauty, cars etc. Well known you become famous you never have to actually pay for anything even if you a millionaire. The normal minions of the world have to fork up for everything.

I once got a free sample of instant coffee through the post once. It was a nice surprise. I'm sure Amanda was pleasantly surprisd. We all like surprises! Lwt's be happy for her. I'm sure Amanda has a very stressful life. Let's nt begrudge her gettng some very high-end quality products from a leading retail outlet such as the amazng, beautiful and generous QVC.

I do take on board what everyone is saying. But one of the hard facst of business is that they want/need publicity and giving gifts to celebs (whether or not we individually value them), is going to give them just that. Sending the rest of us freebies, while it might earn some good will, will not.

That is true, but there is a bit of an issue when they are giving them to celebrities who are not talking about QVC in relation to items they are using (even just saying QVC sell these as well, even if they don't want to admit they got them from QVC). In the case of highly suspect, zero credibility, beauty bloggers - I don't see that they get any value.

Some beauty bloggers, like Caroline Hirons, have the equivalent of the Delia Smith effect. I think that is something the "tame QVC beauty bloggers" can only dream about. Caroline does name-check QVC, but the tame QVC bloggers have sprung out of QVC customers/mates of QVC presenters - so not at all the same. Perhaps over time the tame QVC bloggers will establish a wider audience than just the QVC loyalists but for now, I don't see how they are the influencers that QVC needs to grow their customer base... and the way their current treatment burns through their existing customer base that is something of vital importance for their continued well-being.

It was very common at Christmas for companies to give gifts of hampers, alcohol etc to their customers. Trouble was the same people always got the gift and it used to cause trouble and it tended to die out. Councils, NHS and similar banned staff from offering of taking these gifts as they were looked on as bribes.

When I worked for a crematorium we used to get a perk of a free funeral when we died. Nice perk.

I am thinking of closing my QVC account based on this poor ill judged marketing. I am not motivated to buy because Amanda Holden tweets "thank you QVC". This type of marketing is old fashioned and offensive to its loyal customers.

Latest posts

Back