QVC Survey

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C-Lion

Registered Shopper
After all of the problems with Marla Wynne and the return of the perfume stench topper - and other returns - a questionnaire popped into my inbox.

It was just mundane stuff, but I think QVC are getting concerned about matters generally. Clearly the returns rates are bothering them and a drop through the floor for the year end profit from £60 million to circa £6 million is a wake up call.

I buy a fair bit from Hobbs - through their physical shops and a bit online. Hobbs went away and came back to QVC recently, but I will be honest I will not buy Hobbs from QVC not after all of the problems with Emu worn boots and MW

I would like to think that QVC are now sitting up and taking note of what is going on. That sending out clearly worn items is unacceptable and damages the brand that QVC trades on.

I think only time will tell.

After all of the problems with Marla Wynne and the return of the perfume stench topper - and other returns - a questionnaire popped into my inbox.

It was just mundane stuff, but I think QVC are getting concerned about matters generally. Clearly the returns rates are bothering them and a drop through the floor for the year end profit from £60 million to circa £6 million is a wake up call.

I buy a fair bit from Hobbs - through their physical shops and a bit online. Hobbs went away and came back to QVC recently, but I will be honest I will not buy Hobbs from QVC not after all of the problems with Emu worn boots and MW

I would like to think that QVC are now sitting up and taking note of what is going on. That sending out clearly worn items is unacceptable and damages the brand that QVC trades on.

I think only time will tell.
Yes, about time they hopped to it.

I don't know how they could make money on items that can be returned after wearing and washing for 40+ days unless they send out stuff that's been returned.

I really appreciate the MBG as I have fussy skin that's an old colour to match for make-up but will also react to stuff I've used before. I'll return make-up if it's the wrong shade but if the BA presents properly and swatches on the arm I have a good idea if it'll work. I return mostly if I have a skin flare but even that's rare mainly because I've stopped buying so much!

I am a Cozy Home fleece bedding multi-repeat purchaser. Though I did have to return a hairy duvet that looked soft and fluffy but was more like a 70s fringed nightmare.

If I buy clothes (rare), and found them a poor fit or unsuitable, they're returned as soon as I've tried them on and in an unworn condition. The same with shoes and bags. I know I technically could wear them then return but it's habit as I return everything like this.

If I do return after wear/use it's due to a fault.

There's no excuse for QVC sending out a used item - not just a returned in re-sale condition item - to a customer who was expecting a new product. They should mark the product as used and discount. Equally, I think the customer has a responsibility to return their item in a decent condition. We moan about the postage costs but the MBG is clearly going to come at a cost somewhere along the line.

I do wonder about the kind of person who returns a heavily used item like a bag or clothes. It seems as if that customer who has left tissues in the bag or make-up marks over a blouse is doing it deliberately for some reason. If I did have to return a clothing item Q I would at least wash it first.

I don't know how they could make money on items that can be returned after wearing and washing for 40+ days unless they send out stuff that's been returned.

I really appreciate the MBG as I have fussy skin that's an old colour to match for make-up but will also react to stuff I've used before. I'll return make-up if it's the wrong shade but if the BA presents properly and swatches on the arm I have a good idea if it'll work. I return mostly if I have a skin flare but even that's rare mainly because I've stopped buying so much!

I am a Cozy Home fleece bedding multi-repeat purchaser. Though I did have to return a hairy duvet that looked soft and fluffy but was more like a 70s fringed nightmare.

If I buy clothes (rare), and found them a poor fit or unsuitable, they're returned as soon as I've tried them on and in an unworn condition. The same with shoes and bags. I know I technically could wear them then return but it's habit as I return everything like this.

If I do return after wear/use it's due to a fault.

There's no excuse for QVC sending out a used item - not just a returned in re-sale condition item - to a customer who was expecting a new product. They should mark the product as used and discount. Equally, I think the customer has a responsibility to return their item in a decent condition. We moan about the postage costs but the MBG is clearly going to come at a cost somewhere along the line.

I do wonder about the kind of person who returns a heavily used item like a bag or clothes. It seems as if that customer who has left tissues in the bag or make-up marks over a blouse is doing it deliberately for some reason. If I did have to return a clothing item Q I would at least wash it first.
Sixty day money back guarantee and easy pay are what keep QVC going. Disgraceful of QVC to send out returned items. They should be sold at a discount, of course. The people who send back items they have 'brutalized' are 'nuts.' For some reason, they have an axe to grind. There will always be people around like that.

I don't buy clothes from QVC. Far too expensive and a lot of bother to return. The big high street stores make it easy to return clothing free returns label or return to a store. QVC pretend that they are offering something special from the high street but its worse with its try it for 30 days MBG. The problem is QVC dont like you trying it for 30 days because they will close down your account if they think your doing it too often. I dont want to pay that £8.00 -£12.00 postage for every item. With other stores they assume quite rightly that you wont need to wear it for 30days.

Latest posts

Back