Qvc USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Ive recently found an app on my smartphone called Film on live TV and has some live channels on there from the Uk and other places including several QVC ones including USA, Germany and Italy. Ive started watching some of Qvc Usa and i think i prefer it to the UK one. The studios are some much brighter and roomy. There isn't the hard desperate selling like in the UK, U can order by text , On Auto delivery items u can delay or accelerate your next order. There also several brands that can be seen on Ideal World for example Bissell , Vitamix and they still have Lock and Lock. Yes the presenters are annoying but it makes a change and its nice to see a wider selection of products. The p&P is similar to here but they seem to offer Free p&P alot more .

I prefer the USA as I mainly watch beauty shows and they somehow manage without a resident beauty expert,although I like most of the presenters some of the guests are annoying,thinking of Nick Chevez in particular.
Lynn:glass:

Oooh, do they deliver here? Puh-puh-pleeze?!

no they don't. i've enquired about that because their prices are so much better than ours.

i really wish we had HSN as well. wonder why they haven't opened up here.

Forgot to add theres also no add breaks during the shows or between shows , Qvc seem to think there ITV with the amount of add breaks they have .

Me too, it would be nice to see some competition and Q fighting for their customers

HSN have a completely different idea of what their customers want. antthony's range on there is more rock ckick than retired librarian.

HSN broadcast here as HSE (home shopping europe) but went bust probably about 10 years ago. Lots of the current QVC guests were HNE presenters and Sarah Chapman was their beauty expert.

Jude xx

america is huge and has a massive audience. i like some of their tsv's better cheaper with a better selection of products

Also tax is added onto the products depending on which State you live in. Some States are far higher than others. So not as cheap as you actually see on screen.

The Soup on E Channel takes the P*ss of out QVC US nearly every week. Clip of the week, usually the guest or presenter making a idiot of themselves with out realizing it.

On Friday it was the woman Shawn saying Actually every five seconds.

I remember HSN here, and even bought some Cosmetics A LA Carte from them. Sky backed them and then they went bust.

Debra Leigh (who was just on with cozee blanket/throws) and Andy Love (Ideal World) and Clive (Not sure of his surname but he's a big bald chap who now traps Rogue Traders on terrestrial TV) were all on HSE and David Emmanuel was their Fashion expert. I bought quite a few things: Eyeko Make up (rubbish) Jerome Alexander and his original mineral powder which was huge like the later Mario Luigi one and nothing like the orange one her sells via JML. 'Twas a real shape the parent company pulled the plug leaving vendors, presenters and staff owed money. It happened very quickly and happily my credit cards coughed up for the money I was owed (saving me facing pennies in the pound as an unsecured creditor. MOP hair care started on HSE and later appeared on QVC.

I'm not sure but I think we can order from HSE (germany) but I haven't looked recently. Correction: I don't think they ship outside Germany, Austrai and Switzerland.

Jude xx

Last edited:
A woman saying actually every 5 seconds, we have competition for AY literally.

HSN broadcast here as HSE (home shopping europe) but went bust probably about 10 years ago. Lots of the current QVC guests were HNE presenters and Sarah Chapman was their beauty expert.

Jude xx

thanks for that akimbo. i had no idea. i'm surprised such a huge company went bust in europe considering all the other crappy shopping channels we have.

QVC UK can't offer more than 4 easypays under the UK credit/lender regulations.

Jude xx

Sorry if I appear stupid but how does it work for TSV and OTO with different time zones?

The TSV goes on air at midnight Eastern time which would be 11pm Central time and even earlier if you live in another time zone. I find a lot of TSV prices on QVC USA work out a lot cheaper then in the UK when converted to GBP even with tax and postage added. Luckily for me I used to live there and my husband still visits on work every month or so and picks up my orders from a friend. :sun:

Latest posts

Back