QVC you are disgraceful at times.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did I dream it or did I read on here that the brand rather than Q is liable for the returns? If it is one of Q's own brands (which cooks essentials is) then it hits Q to have them returned but otherwise it hits Q hardest to have them unsold in the warehouse. At least if they shift them the returns are someone elses problem. Maybe they are banking on people not bothering to return it and leaving it to gather dust in the cupboard.

It's a lot of money to just keep it though, isn't it. Over £120 with postage. I noticed that only one reviewer couldn't be bothered to send it back. Life is stressful enough not to have to deal with this sort of duplicity. Shame on you QVC. Quite Vicious Conning.

I think I would have returned it anyway. I concur with another poster; when any item is described as being 'multi functional', a bit like the washer/dryer, something has got to give. Generically, one is usually better advised to purchase the items individually. I'm trying to get this right here, but I don't think I have any multi purpose gadgets/machines. When all is considered, if each individual function was as effective as that offered by a one purpose machine, surely you would be charged a lot more? I suppose it's common sense, really. But it can be easy to be sucked in.

to me it looked like a pile of absolute rubbish and not worth air time but qvc do sell a lot of this rubbish and are still in business.maybe people need to put their thinking caps on before spending money on gadgets that could never for that price point fullfill even one task.

If a product is pants or faulty I'd return it regardless of the packaging, they'd send a courier to collect something the size of a small cooker,I'd cram the accessories inside and tape the door shut with the return label stuck on the outside!

With most goods it is the vendor not QVC that stand the loss of returns, QVC's "loss" is the airtime, logistics costs, their profit etc. I'm not sure how it works for their own brands' returns, but I suspect they make a far bigger profit in these anyway.

What's the betting the oven will reappear under a different item number with 25% off as a "Super Bargain Price"? This would be just over a month before the next version sells as a TSV; too late to return the Super Bargain Price one?

Caveat Emptor are the watch words, but at least with heavy items they'll collect. The cost of returning say a heavy beauty TSV gives me second thoughts about ordering if it's an untried brand, especially since the Royal Mail rates went up.

Jude xx

Heck, we've all done it, haven't we?

Watched a presentation, got sucked in and picked up the phone... never really thinking to check the reviews online...well, I have anyway.
You're not on your own Tiddly!

If a product is pants or faulty I'd return it regardless of the packaging, they'd send a courier to collect something the size of a small cooker,I'd cram the accessories inside and tape the door shut with the return label stuck on the outside!

With most goods it is the vendor not QVC that stand the loss of returns, QVC's "loss" is the airtime, logistics costs, their profit etc. I'm not sure how it works for their own brands' returns, but I suspect they make a far bigger profit in these anyway.

What's the betting the oven will reappear under a different item number with 25% off as a "Super Bargain Price"? This would be just over a month before the next version sells as a TSV; too late to return the Super Bargain Price one?

Caveat Emptor are the watch words, but at least with heavy items they'll collect. The cost of returning say a heavy beauty TSV gives me second thoughts about ordering if it's an untried brand, especially since the Royal Mail rates went up.

Jude xx

common sense prevails and qvc will usually give you back all your money and postage costs. I suppose you have to read between the hype though so as not to waste your time and money and always complain if your not happy. maybe qvc will avoid selling tat if people were less willing to pay for it

It's a lot of money to just keep it though, isn't it. Over £120 with postage. I noticed that only one reviewer couldn't be bothered to send it back. Life is stressful enough not to have to deal with this sort of duplicity. Shame on you QVC. Quite Vicious Conning.

I like that

I seem to remember that the original thread about this TSV for the compact all singing and dancing oven was that it was going to be *hite. Well we were right. It stands to reason that an oven cannot do all the functions advertised. I have one of the QVC compact ovens that is only a compact oven and it is fine for occasional use when the main oven is already in use.

I felt sorry for one reviewer who threw away the packaging before they realised how bad it was, so they have to keep it.

That person is stupid though. If it's not working properly the packaging is irrelevant. Also, it'll be very heavy so they would collect it for free packaging or no packaging. You could put it in a bin bag and give it to the courier.

Heck, we've all done it, haven't we?

Watched a presentation, got sucked in and picked up the phone... never really thinking to check the reviews online...well, I have anyway.
I have as well, Tiddlywinks.
And sometimes have ordered things, decided I don't like them, put them aside , intending to send them back, and then due to many other things occupying my thoughts and taking my time, forget all about them until after the date to send them back, and have a collection of unwanted, unused stuff:sad: And how many times have I ordered beauty and bath stuff that I don't use, because they come in sets, and I think they are a bargain??
I think QVC count on people like me.
I am becoming wiser........I now always add the postage to the prices before ordering anything and I ask myself if I really need them.

I have as well, Tiddlywinks.
And sometimes have ordered things, decided I don't like them, put them aside , intending to send them back, and then due to many other things occupying my thoughts and taking my time, forget all about them until after the date to send them back, and have a collection of unwanted, unused stuff:sad: And how many times have I ordered beauty and bath stuff that I don't use, because they come in sets, and I think they are a bargain??
I think QVC count on people like me.
I am becoming wiser........I now always add the postage to the prices before ordering anything and I ask myself if I really need them.

I have been guilty of all of the above in the past. I found I used Q cut for 1 item then again and again but it was when I started to put the items into the basket and saw the total and more importantly the postage that it really
hit home. It was very much case of 'what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over" The remove button went into overtime- and now I buy only a fraction of items I get tempted by. Also much better at returning items

You are so right- online ordering makes you do aware of postage costs. In the days of QCut ordering I had selective deafness when the order summarycame up. I also return much more than I ever did but that has changed. I no longer order things just to try.

I rarely leave reviews on Q and TBH I take reviews with a shovel full of salt. I have read rave reviews for products that I found a load of carp and bad reviews for products I have really liked! I suppose if the bad reviews are unanimous though then I would pay more attention to them.

I have found that i buy far less since having the android app, when. I feel myself getting sucked in to the siren screeching (tone is too much of compliment) of a presenter I read the reviews and have a little smile to myself. They must be aware that some of the stuff they are raving and ooh and aahing over has been totally slated in reviews. In a way I quite admire their front as I couldn't do it, I'd find myself saying something along the lines of "well check out the reviews if you must, I know many of you are saying it a right load of useless shite, but hey why not order at least two just to see if the reviews are true"

Bearing in mind how much the wage costs of handling returned items must be, both on the warehouse side and office paperwork and accountancy, then either storing or reshipping, or on selling, I can't see how selling something with such a high return rate can be profitable. Unless their mark up is absolutely huge. Seems bad business sense all round to me.

Glowing reviews when compared to the dear old Ah bra TSV!

I'm guilty of buying without looking at the reviews as well.

Latest posts

Back