QVC's Cringiest Products!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What do you think are some of the cringiest / most useless products at QVC. I seem to recall:

1) A jar designed to hold dentures on one's bedside table. The jar was disguised as a candle!
2) Some strange gel you put on your feet and scrape away with a spatula to remove all the yellow hard skin!
3) A tabletop manual washing machine that looked like a tombola.
4) Some multiway plugs that had 4 appliances wired into them (how can you separate the appliances?!)
5) Anything by Sarah Shurety! Can't stand her or her products!
6) A Jewellery box that could withstand a range rover!
7) Lift n shape / slim n lift pants.
8) Gold plating kits (I only ever gold plated paper clips for a laugh!)
9) Lulu's Time Bomb
10) Anything by Thomas Pacconi

I'd forgotten (or maybe blanked) the tombola washing machine. Anyone owning up to getting one?

What do you think are some of the cringiest / most useless products at QVC. I seem to recall:

1) A jar designed to hold dentures on one's bedside table. The jar was disguised as a candle!
2) Some strange gel you put on your feet and scrape away with a spatula to remove all the yellow hard skin!
3) A tabletop manual washing machine that looked like a tombola.
4) Some multiway plugs that had 4 appliances wired into them (how can you separate the appliances?!)
5) Anything by Sarah Shurety! Can't stand her or her products!
6) A Jewellery box that could withstand a range rover!
7) Lift n shape / slim n lift pants.
8) Gold plating kits (I only ever gold plated paper clips for a laugh!)
9) Lulu's Time Bomb
10) Anything by Thomas Pacconi
Well Julius i've bought 5 of your list, won't tell you which though.
Between me and QVC
:thinking: :cheeky:

I don't think you would have bought the candle jar, so am guessing you bought the Slim n Lift, Sarah Shurerty, Lulu Time Bob, The Thomas Pacconi and the washing machine!
Well Julius i've bought 5 of your list, won't tell you which though.
Between me and QVC
:thinking: :cheeky:

I don't think you would have bought the candle jar, so am guessing you bought the Slim n Lift, Sarah Shurerty, Lulu Time Bob, The Thomas Pacconi and the washing machine!

Four out of five Julius, never seen the washing machine. You must be a very observant forum member, or a good guesser :cheeky:

The other one was the multi plug thing for my son, he has loads of leads , x box, tele, dvd player, and so on and on,
so i thought it would be safer for him. And i got one for myself, as i'm Sparkly i need it for the lights out the front of :thinking:
the house at Christmas ,, only 99 days now (nothing too mad, just lights on trees , hedge etc. In the best possible
taste) of course

Last edited:
Hi guys not been here for a while good to be back called in to see what yesterday's TSV was my daughter told me to watch it and I forgot. Lol

The worse item I bought was a silver stick thing that you add on to your shower so the water comes out down the side so giving a body shower. It leaded like crazy and there was no frce behind it. I thought it might have been a good idea as it kept your body warm but it lasted a week at most.

mWelcome back freedom99. You reminded me of the shower attachment i got, that gave you 4 different showers, all different
forces, massage, power, etc etc etc. But they didn't really. My other disasters are:
2. A light thing to put outside that goes of when anyone comes near house,
still in garage, not out of box yet.
3. Those pearl things you put in water, and then what do you do with them.
4. A grater, dicer thing, not used yet (a recent TSV) which i thought would solve
all my problems grating, slicing etc. Hard to figure it out.
5. A bright pink tin opener, that takes up half the space in the drawer, not used.
6. A No No hair thing , i thought would sort my legs out, but only used twice.
I don't think they're cringeworthy, but they are blooming a waste of time and
my money, but its all in the past, and i'm learning at last :cash:

Last edited:
For sheer cringe-worthiness, I would have to say the top prize should go to anything by Butler & Wilson - the utter tackiness & hideousness of virtually every single item, along with the presenters' gushing & fawning over SW making it as close to car-crash TV as QVC comes......!

For utter uselessness: virtually every item in the 'Gift' section, especially anything with 'Marvin's Magic' or 'Mr. Christmas' on the front of it & any/all shaped candles, Xmas ornaments etc......those awful 'been in the warehouse forever & likely to remain there until the end of time' set of 3 graduating in size piggies made out of what looks like old coat-hangers being seriously in contention for top prize.....! :nod:

1. Any print from Thomas Kinkade
2. Anything from Butler & Wilson
3. Some of the garden ornaments they flog for the summer.
4. 'Wearable Art' dresses. OK I'm a bloke, but really can't see a reason for it, and yet to see anyone wear any outside QVC.

I'm sure there are many others, but if I see anything really crass, I try to erase them from my memory.

Btw, was this multiplug thing one of those that plugs right into the socket, and stretches above/below the socket, allowing 4/5 other plugs into one, without the trailing lead. My versions have individual on/off switches. Easy to manage..

Last edited:
What about the pink flamingo with the solar panel that lit it's huge belly up.
Julian sold it laughing his head off and has referred to it since.

There was once a facial exerciser to strengthen the facial muscles. It was a strange thing you put in your mouth and it had spring plungers that provide resistance ahahahaha

Oh how could I forget the flickering flameless LED tea lights?! High on the list for pure awfulness! Terrible!

For sheer cringe-worthiness, I would have to say the top prize should go to anything by Butler & Wilson - the utter tackiness & hideousness of virtually every single item, along with the presenters' gushing & fawning over SW making it as close to car-crash TV as QVC comes......! :nod:

And yet, kitten-with-claws, more of the same with the new Heidi Daus range! 200 of your finest quids for junk jewellery...

And yet, kitten-with-claws, more of the same with the new Heidi Daus range! 200 of your finest quids for junk jewellery...

Just had a look....is no good, I can't hold back this time......as our lovely Jabba (who never holds back! lol) might well say.......flamin' effin' holy shite pants.....how much??? :mysmilie_854:

Latest posts

Back