Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Zero shame, Zero responsibility, Zero awarness, Loads and loads and loads of fakeness, Been on for a few mins and its tin point Ideal Extra Shop World regurgitated early 2000s Selly telly as expected.

Really is shameful and sad that a copy cat organisation, company, etc etc can simply lie low for a few weeks the simply pop up like nothing happened under a new.

People who purchase from this organisation, company etc etc really need to be aware of what they are supporting!

Could the Presenters be told by there new boss, to approach things more laid back like they are on Create and Craft
As if. The opening balloons were a re-run of IW launch.
Amazed they mentioned IW at all, a grateful thanks to Paul Wright and co for giving them and others new jobs... And we move onto over the top, amazing, fantastic hyperbole of drones, piranha and hard sell of loyalty clubs, 10% off, etc.

If anything, their over excitement led to even worse exaggeration than IW.
I doubt they'll tone it down.
It's like we went back 30 years...

My guess is that C&C/Wright & co. are trialling this SE launch for 4+2 hours on CE/C&C, with a view to moving it to a separate channel/platform, perhaps the defunct IW channel 51, if it proves to be a success.

Also, we're in the graveyard now.
Yes, the IW forum has been moved into the Graveyard section for dead, no longer living, alas no more, shopping channels.

Humbly suggest we carry on re IW related and general shopping chat and stuff, like we have been doing since the demise of IW, but anything specifically about Shop Extra we should go onto the new Shop Extra forum thread. Jazzy, myself and a few others have put up some postings there about today's Shop Extra launch.

So the demise of IW on tv is complete.
I switched to Freeview channel 51 yesterday and the screen is now blank, the IW logo and text has gone.

'IDEAL WORLD's not pinin'! IW's passed on! This channel is no more! IW has ceased to be! IW's expired and gone to meet its maker! IWs a stiff! Bereft of life, IW rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed IW to the administrators IW'd be pushing up the daisies! IWs sales processes are now 'istory! IW's off the twig! IW's kicked the bucket, IW's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-SHOPPING CHANNEL!!!'

So the demise of IW on tv is complete.
I switched to Freeview channel 51 yesterday and the screen is now blank, the IW logo and text has gone.

'IDEAL WORLD's not pinin'! IW's passed on! This channel is no more! IW has ceased to be! IW's expired and gone to meet its maker! IWs a stiff! Bereft of life, IW rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed IW to the administrators IW'd be pushing up the daisies! IWs sales processes are now 'istory! IW's off the twig! IW's kicked the bucket, IW's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-SHOPPING CHANNEL!!!'
Except I checked again and the IW logo and text is on Freeview 51.
Maybe I was looking before after midnight, when it goes off-air and is blank in Freeview.

TJC has given Dirty Pete a job. They either want to kill the company, or the person doing their hiring has been overdoing the drugs
At least that must mean that the Shop Extra door is closed to him: at least for the foreseeable future. Any news on Gollum and the other clowns from IW?

Sally Jacks: TJC
Genevieve: TJC
Peter Simon: TJC

Hayley Green: Shop Extra
Shaun Ryan: Shop Extra
Dennice Robertson: Shop Extra
Creepy Crawly: Shop Extra

Paul *SIREN SOUND* Becque: Seems to be (happy) doing his life coaching stuff
Tim Britton (was a main presenter towards the end of IW): Shop Extra collagen expert

Mike Mason: ?
Jess Woods: ?
Shona Lindsay: ?
Mark Ryes (the guy who looked like a clown that had washed its makeup off): ?

As for Craig Stevens and Carys Please-Don't-Speake and all the other forgetful new "main presenters" who began popping up in the dying months, I've no idea or interest what they're doing. Something where their complete and utter lack of sincerity isn't an issue, i hope.

The one fan of Peter Vollabore (regular guest expert on IW but never, to my knowledge, a main presenter) can see him continue to pretending to be an expert on Shop Extra. Watch-wise both Kevski and Jonathan Boring-as-hell are there, there, there regularly, while acclaimed chef and published author Paul Brodel has also begun making appearances & more.

I'm sure i read the (dead-air prone) electric water 'expert' lady is occasionally on one of the other jewellery channels now.

There were other guest presenters/experts towards the end of IW but i can't recall their names tbh.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back