Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I made the mistake of mentioning to my dad about the car finder thingy. I mean I don't know much about them but I did see them on Amazon for £25 so their £10.98 here does seem like a genuine bargain

I made the mistake of mentioning to my dad about the car finder thingy. I mean I don't know much about them but I did see them on Amazon for £25 so their £10.98 here does seem like a genuine bargain
It is a bargain. It was launched in 2016. I have no idea how they have managed to get any stock to sell at £9.99, and would suggest if you want one, to grab it whilst you can for that price.

I will say, I watched the demos earlier with herself and Joe. They demoed Jam makers and then choppers. The demos were well presented the food looked fresh and good to eat. Great explanations of the equipment, good banter between the presenters. Gen mentioned she was worried about reading people's names out. Joe said he didn't think it was 'that deep' Personally I don't really see the need for it but it seems to be a new shopping telly thing now. According to Dave Bradford (who mentioned this again the other day) they don't see their full name just the first name and don't see addresses (he said he wouldn't read those out) but just the area they are from. There is an option to be anonymous too. The reason I don't like it is Geoff, Peter, Michael Lucy Jean, the way they start rattling them off at breakneck speed when Gareth, John, Ashley, June, they're in the middle of a Karen, Steve, Darren Scott, sentence, a bit irritating

I will say, I watched the demos earlier with herself and Joe. They demoed Jam makers and then choppers. The demos were well presented the food looked fresh and good to eat. Great explanations of the equipment, good banter between the presenters. Gen mentioned she was worried about reading people's names out. Joe said he didn't think it was 'that deep' Personally I don't really see the need for it but it seems to be a new shopping telly thing now. According to Dave Bradford (who mentioned this again the other day) they don't see their full name just the first name and don't see addresses (he said he wouldn't read those out) but just the area they are from. There is an option to be anonymous too. The reason I don't like it is Geoff, Peter, Michael Lucy Jean, the way they start rattling them off at breakneck speed when Gareth, John, Ashley, June, they're in the middle of a Karen, Steve, Darren Scott, sentence, a bit irritating

IIRC, when IWmk3 started they were reading out locations too, which I thought was pretty dodgy at the time (per GDPR).

There ought to be an option on the website to 'opt out' of having your first name read at all. Some people have very unique first names. If they're watching with their family, and maybe buying something on the sly as a gift, it outs them.

Not that I believe most names of those "in" are real if Pedro says them. I doubt he's able to read the screen without his glasses (per his struggles reading texts out at times) so just makes names up (plucked out of air or based on what he think's the screen says). It's how we end up with ridiculous situations like "John's in, Wayne's in…"

IIRC, when IWmk3 started they were reading out locations too, which I thought was pretty dodgy at the time (per GDPR). There ought to be an option on the website to 'opt out' of having your first name read at all. Some people have very unique first names, and if they're watching with their family, and maybe buying something on the sly, it outs them.
On Hobbymaker what Dave Bradford was saying is you can just call yourself 'crafter', I had a look on Ideal World and didn't see that sort of option but could have missed it

The only reason they do it is because their sister channel TJC does it.
It makes as much sense as their crazy hash 1 hash 2 etc. I mean I get that going through the automatic IVR system is easier but the way they shoehorn their products to make that work is head melting at times. The names they give variations of colours etc just to fit makes you ga ga. Some of the presenters have just said, at times, just ring the call centre and our staff will do it for you 😄

Jeremy needs Peter V to flog some mugs? He's never away from the place, has he got shares in the company?
I've noticed that Jeremy loves to talk. It's good for shopping TV I guess and he gets really into the products but sometimes he takes over. He probably didn't need Peter V to help. But then if Peter Simon was on Peter V could course correct when the inevitable veering off to rambling nonsense and half remembered facts happen. I honestly think that when you have a competent demonstrator you should just let them do their thing, Steamy Bev, Peter V, Chef Joe. Watching the pans demo Jeremy often spoke over Joe but it was redundant info, trying to put in his own cooking anecdotes when Joe was making an important point.

I've noticed that Jeremy loves to talk. It's good for shopping TV I guess and he gets really into the products but sometimes he takes over. He probably didn't need Peter V to help. But then if Peter Simon was on Peter V could course correct when the inevitable veering off to rambling nonsense and half remembered facts happen. I honestly think that when you have a competent demonstrator you should just let them do their thing, Steamy Bev, Peter V, Chef Joe. Watching the pans demo Jeremy often spoke over Joe but it was redundant info, trying to put in his own cooking anecdotes when Joe was making an important point.
It's called using his basic acting skills. He has no interest in any of the tat he sells.

Latest posts

Back