Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flicked over about quarter of an hour ago and our resident know-it-all Peter Vol-au-vent was on with Genevieve, the pair of them selling a drinking water bottle. He really is like the proverbial unflushable turd that won't go away! Why on earth does it take two people to sell that item?
The only thing I can assume is that, in the world of selly telly, their analysis over the decades has shown that having 2 x presenters i.e. the presenter and brand ambassador/expert is better than just having 1 x presenter? Before I get shouted down :) I'm not saying it 'is' better especially depending on who the duo are, I'm just saying behind the scenes it's perhaps known in the industry that a duo is often better when it comes to generating sales?

The only thing I can assume is that, in the world of selly telly, their analysis over the decades has shown that having 2 x presenters i.e. the presenter and brand ambassador/expert is better than just having 1 x presenter? Before I get shouted down :) I'm not saying it 'is' better especially depending on who the duo are, I'm just saying behind the scenes it's perhaps known in the industry that a duo is often better when it comes to generating sales?

Conversations (albeit still directed at the viewer) between 2 probably does work better as something to watch than one presenter "lecturing the viewer".

2x the BS, but far less staring like a madman down the (blurry) camera!

Also, to a degree, I wonder if it depends on the capabilities of the main presenter? Some struggle to present convincingly on their own... Emma comes to mind, and Pedro (he never knows how anything works, can't finish a sentence, and rarely tells you about the products just spurious made-up scenarios/savings/people he knows swear by it/it's the best product he's brought to air/etc).

On a related note, Joe was saving Pedro yesterday during a water cup show. Pedro kept boasting how "you will pay £75 for one of these elsewhere" and Joe would then caveat "…for the well-known brand* one, which is also much larger than this one is".

*Stanley, for anyone wondering. Google 'Stanley cup craze' and you'll see how INSANE people go for those. Non-brand, imitation ones? Eh, people don't go quite so insane for those 😅. Like anything designer, the "appeal" for those showing them off on social media/at the gym/work is having the real brand.

Last edited:
The 2 presenter format works well on TJC, when they pair Andy with Carmel, Caroline, Jenny, Lianna or Chris. It doesn't work when the Jewellery buyers are part of the 2, and it doesn't work when Peter Sherlock is on Teams or Zoom Co presenting a beauty show. It doesn't work on IW3 because you then have 2 bullshitters going OTT. On TJC, they just sell the items, whilst having a laugh, no hard sell, and zero BS.

Last edited:
Some of the duos reminds me of Ken and Kenneth (suits you, sir) from the fast show

The 2 presenter format works well on TJC, when they pair Andy with Carmel, Caroline, Jenny, Lianna or Chris. It doesn't work when the Jewellery buyers are part of the 2, and it doesn't work when Peter Sherlock is on Teams or Zoom Co presenting a beauty show. It doesn't work on IW3 because you then have 2 bullshitters going OTT. On TJC, they just sell the items, whilst having a laugh, no hard sell, and zero BS.
Andy with Carmel, Jenny or Chris are by far my favourites, whatever they are selling, I will watch.

Latest posts

Back