Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Natalia, please don't make claims about unproven remedies for diabetes.

I really dislike IWs propensity to spout health giving benefits of products such as ice packs, copper socks et al.

It is unethical if not downright illegal.
I would believe absolutely ...

NOTHING

... of what any selly telly channel was telling me about any health related product.

When you think about it, and yes this is true of virtually all sales not just selly telly, their 24/7 constant positivity about all products is laughable and doesn't correlate whatsoever with the real world.

Every ... single ... product they sell is wonderful, amazing, great value for money, high quality etc etc. Or the by-product of a product e.g. food prepped in an air fryer tastes amazing, like nothing they've ever tasted. In essence the whole construct of selly telly (and other) sales is based on a fake reality.

Sometimes we see the actual reality though e.g. the clip on YT of a presenter tasting something and exclaiming 'MMmmm, amazing!' before spitting it out and screwing up her face when she thought she was off camera ;)

No, I'm not expecting them to be negative about stuff, they are there to sell, however the end result is an environment that you can't really believe at all.

When you think about it, and yes this is true of virtually all sales not just selly telly, their 24/7 constant positivity about all products is laughable and doesn't correlate whatsoever with the real world.

Every ... single ... product they sell is wonderful, amazing, great value for money, high quality etc etc. Or the by-product of a product e.g. food prepped in an air fryer tastes amazing, like nothing they've ever tasted. In essence the whole construct of selly telly (and other) sales is based on a fake reality.

Sometimes we see the actual reality though e.g. the clip on YT of a presenter tasting something and exclaiming 'MMmmm, amazing!' before spitting it out and screwing up her face when she thought she was off camera ;)

No, I'm not expecting them to be negative about stuff, they are there to sell, however the end result is an environment that you can't really believe at all.

Which is why I found Rob (Lamarr) so refreshing. He didn't do the whole "exquisite, phenomenal, it's a steal of a price, best I've brought to air, number one product of the year" routine.

I loved him selling Gammon. Said what we were all thinking: the name is awful! They put a price comp up and he said "take that off, that's ridiculous", didn't pretend it was "award winning" or "the number one fragrance of 2024", didn't orgasm when squirting it around.

Just said it is a cheap-ish fragrance that isn't super strong but pleasant and light (so not the fragrance you'd wear to impress but something a bit different for everyday if you get bored of what you normally wear). Which, at the price point, is exactly what you'd expect tbh!

Which was like YES! That's exactly how it should be sold.

I would believe absolutely ...

NOTHING

... of what any selly telly channel was telling me about any health related product.

I wouldn't limit it health related products, same goes for vitually EVERY product on IW.

PS

Just noticed your next post says the same, should have read that first before replying. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back