Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A ceramic heating special...that makes a change. FFS Ideal you haven't got a ****** clue have you. another non-imaginative schedule and still using the wind-chill with the temps.

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least, unlike QVC, IW seems less OTT with Christmas than QVC. If they weren't selling so much unmitigated parp it would be a saving grace.

At present flogging a Vostock watch with a 1912 1d coin... to seamlessly weave in a Titanic story with one of the most hideous design motif watches I've ever seen.

I couldn't believe my eyes last night. Well, almost.

They were shilling a 'Bermuda' watch which is a generic, Far East quartz watch with a silicone strap from the same stable as other similar crap like Hugo Schwarze and Annie Apple (i.e. Kevin Reynolds) and they wanted an extortionate £90 & £9 delivery. Collectible supposedly, came in 6 different colours.

Just look at the thrown together website which is no doubt there to show how 'keen' Ideal World's prices are, think 'Laurelle' and 'Skin Pharmacy' with their phony prices and you may well not be far wrong. The 'Our Story' section has no story, the 'contact us' section doesn't have an address and the telephone number is '123456789'. The 'Terms and Conditions' section has no Terms and Conditions.

Shameful :down:

http://bermudawatchcompany.com/index.php?route=information/contact

The matthew le tissier is selling out for 1200... quid

Kevin is urging us to ring not use the website

Howard actually looks a tad ashamed to be doing a show like this . He is a strange character for sure but he is not really a pressure salesman

They were shilling a 'Bermuda' watch which is a generic, Far East quartz watch with a silicone strap from the same stable as other similar crap like Hugo Schwarze and Annie Apple (i.e. Kevin Reynolds) and they wanted an extortionate £90 & £9 delivery. Collectible supposedly, came in 6 different colours.

Just look at the thrown together website which is no doubt there to show how 'keen' Ideal World's prices are, think 'Laurelle' and 'Skin Pharmacy' with their phony prices and you may well not be far wrong. The 'Our Story' section has no story, the 'contact us' section doesn't have an address and the telephone number is '123456789'. The 'Terms and Conditions' section has no Terms and Conditions.

From companies house website.

Registered office address
Sladenwood Mill, Todmorden Rd, Littleborough, Lancs, England, OL15 9EW

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09655832

Here is a review for the Swiper from an IW customer.

Very pleased with my purchase
28 September 2016
This is a big heavy watch but once it is on the wrist it feels very comfortable, the back-lit numerals is a nice touch but perhaps a bit of a gimmick because in total darkness is still could not see what time it was.

High praise indeed for an overpriced watch and you can't see the time. Only available at IW! You couldn't make it up could you???

:mysmilie_15:Kev reckons the Hugo Schwarze classic is a dead ringer
for a Rolex.:mysmilie_13:

The piano music they use for the 'collectable' watches makes me laugh so much.

Last edited:
How many times have they been trying to sell that £1150 Edmond Watch. Only 130 ever made and they are selling so quickly that you need to ring in on the phone or you'll miss out!! Such a fantastic Watch should have sold out long ago you would have thought, but no, it just drags on and on. The plain fact is, it's just too expensive! Who shells out that kind of coin for what is an almost unknown brand? Almost no one!

Kevinski keeps telling us that the wonderful movement beats at 28,800 beats per hour. This is nothing out of the normal for a half decent mechanical movement, some Seikos beat at 32,000 bph. I suppose it seems remarkable compared to a Vostok mechanical, which only beats at 18,000 bph.

I've just watched another presentation with our Kev and Joanne Vandermerwe selling those useless light up Watches, and she appeared to be wearing what looked like a Cartier!

Why do these presenters never wear any of the third rate rubbish that they try to fob off on the rest of us?

Great web site!!! I like the bit that says "Bermuda Watches, designed in Bermuda" . Nowhere does it say Made In China.

AS you say Wirral, a thrown together web site. Designed to deceive.

Ah ! - the old 'it's cheaper than their own website ' scam. This was one of the lowest stunts that Bid pulled , and they knew how to get low !!

Just noticed that they have cancelled the 1300 collectable watch show? could it be that they are on to the fact that they are selling chinese watches for 10 times the price they are really worth.

Instead 2 whole hours to watch a bloke with a plug and a thermometer telling us to buy an overpriced radiator because we cant turn off our central heating for each separate room! you fool Peter V !!!!!!!!

Ideal World, a nasty deceiving, scam outfit just like Bid TV was. This shopping network shoild be ****** ashamed of themselves!

After a minute search on Ebay here is something similar but without the swipe gimmick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-OHSEN...739092?hash=item5687469c14:g:VrMAAOSwwpdW9OXM

Was going to say that the Bermuda swipe watch looks like £15 market stall tat and that eBay listing (although not the same watch) confirms the theory. Can't help but feel that Ideal World's heading for imminent bankruptcy if they're getting that desperate with their products and scheduling, exactly like Bid TV.

Was going to say that the Bermuda swipe watch looks like £15 market stall tat and that eBay listing (although not the same watch) confirms the theory. Can't help but feel that Ideal World's heading for imminent bankruptcy if they're getting that desperate with their products and scheduling, exactly like Bid TV.

Le's hope it's sooner than later, the shysters.

Le's hope it's sooner than later, the shysters.

There has definitely been a change for the worse during the last few months and if Ideal World has a less-than-ideal Christmas this year then that will be the end of them, though they may surprise us all by limping on like zombies for another year (unlikely though given what happened to Bid TV).

By far the worst products they sell are the rip-off radiators by virtue of shilling a grossly overpriced con job to vulnerable people who would be much better off buying a £50 radiator and putting the rest towards their electricity bill. We may laugh at Bermuda watches with a £90 profit margin but at least they're something that obviously looks dodgy and easier to ignore as opposed to being pushed as a ludicrously-expensive wrong solution to a serious problem.

If I were Peter Simon and had principles I would resign if forced to sell such an obvious scam as the radiators; at least he could retire now if he can't find alternative work. Don't put your conscience aside just to make money.

Latest posts

Back