Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The two Peters are selling a cordless Vax vacuum cleaner but Perverse Peter Simon keeps pronouncing 'helix' as 'hell-ix' when it should be pronounced 'heel-ix'. (They're also doing the "Extended Delivery" thing that QVC often do.) And now he's getting hysterical over a pack of 50 microfibre cloths for £14.99 plus £1.99 P&P :mysmilie_59:

And its the 8pm timepeter.......sorry timepiece hour.

Kev and Peter are once again rolling out the usual bull while screaming over each other then dear old Kev casually says "Peter peter this is the wrong price it should be more but I'm a man of my word" then Peter says.....Kevin kevin please tell them about this watch and how the collectors have already bought it as we let this secret slip.

These two are hopeless, total lost causes no wonder they are on a back street Selly telly channel, funny Kev just proudly state he is off to Switzerland next week with the Ideal World buyers.................what you going for Kev? Maybe you'd be better going to BERMUDA......and while in Bermuda maybe get REAL contact details uploaded to the Bermuda watches website?? :mysmilie_59:

Roll up you discerning collectors before they are all gone . You've guessed it.Watches of distinction from a very limited stock.Never to be seen again(until next time)Kev and Peter S cranking out the usual spiel on the usual channel.Right I'm off to order mine.!!!!

2017-03-13-20-21-54-268219795.jpeg

Roll up you discerning collectors before they are all gone . You've guessed it.Watches of distinction from a very limited stock.Never to be seen again(until next time)Kev and Peter S cranking out the usual spiel on the usual channel.Right I'm off to order mine.!!!!

View attachment 13656

And they've made a "technical pricing error" on a Lamborghini watch which Kevski will be honouring because he's the "managing director". They're losing money hand-over-fist on their extremely rare and highly collectable watches, so it's no wonder Kevski is so tight-fisted that he can't even afford to provide an extra barrel free of charge for certain Vostok watch buyers despite only one being supplied with the watch :mysmilie_59:

If anyone was wondering how Peter Vol Au Vent became so proficient at holding vacuum cleaners in the air, the mystery has finally been solved. It turns out that he is actually (according to Peter Simon) the “Darth Vader of Vacuuming”.

It was only a few days ago that we learnt about his “vacuum royalty” status, and now we discover that he’s an also iconic villain who uses his powers to further the cause of domestic appliances.

Very impressive...darth-vader-.jpg

If anyone was wondering how Peter Vol Au Vent became so proficient at holding vacuum cleaners in the air, the mystery has finally been solved. It turns out that he is actually (according to Peter Simon) the “Darth Vader of Vacuuming”.

It was only a few days ago that we learnt about his “vacuum royalty” status, and now we discover that he’s an also iconic villain who uses his powers to further the cause of domestic appliances.

Very impressive...View attachment 13657

I have said it on here a few times but that man is easily the most boring man on shopping tv.

Ideal world.... the nepotism channel.

I have said it on here a few times but that man is easily the most boring man on shopping tv.

Ideal world.... the nepotism channel.

Nepotism Channel? Could be a good call.

Is this how the bosses get the goons to carry on the way they do?

If you tell a talentless couple that no one else will hire them will they dance to your tune? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0341.jpg

Yeah, but sleeping with Genpleaseleave to get a job hoovering up coffee granules on Ideal World sounds like overkill

I've just witnessed them being totally honest about something!!! They are showing that anti snoring mouthpiece and the presenter declared "I can't believe that price, it's crazy". You got that right love....£34.99 for two pieces of injection moulded plastic is indeed crazy :p

Best bit is the bloke (boss of the company?) claiming he awoke to what the price would be this morning and nearly fell out of bed!...lol Sure mate,only insomuch as you wouldn't be making your usual 800%+ markup :)

I've just witnessed them being totally honest about something!!! They are showing that anti snoring mouthpiece and the presenter declared "I can't believe that price, it's crazy". You got that right love....£34.99 for two pieces of injection moulded plastic is indeed crazy :p

Best bit is the bloke (boss of the company?) claiming he awoke to what the price would be this morning and nearly fell out of bed!...lol Sure mate,only insomuch as you wouldn't be making your usual 800%+ markup :)

The 'Usual Price' is £59.99 :mysmilie_15:

Aren't they ridiculous? :mysmilie_59:

All day spring fashion, not good enough ideal world.

At least they tried something different today with their 3D printer "Pick Of The Day". Not the cheapest 3D printer you can buy but at least the price wasn't truly extortionate for what you got (£449+£2.99 P&P; £404.10 if you're a member of the Create & Craft Club), namely a user-friendly fully enclosed PLA filament printer (no heated base plate) with a reasonable build volume.

Also another thing; the "Pick Of The Day" offer was meant to expire at 9pm today (an hour after the 7 to 8pm final show), so why is it still listed on the IW website at the special offer price, at least at the time of this forum posting? You don't think that they were telling fibs about the offer expiring in order to get people to buy quickly? :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/coli...-white-filament-bundle-1-year-warranty-392990

I am sure I remember they sold them at one time for £20 each?

You'd never be able to keep up with their plucked out of thin air, usual price, will go back up to nonsense.

I suspect they only get away with it because nobody really cares :mysmilie_59:

At least they tried something different today with their 3D printer "Pick Of The Day". Not the cheapest 3D printer you can buy but at least the price wasn't truly extortionate for what you got (£449+£2.99 P&P; £404.10 if you're a member of the Create & Craft Club), namely a user-friendly fully enclosed PLA filament printer (no heated base plate) with a reasonable build volume.

Also another thing; the "Pick Of The Day" offer was meant to expire at 9pm today (an hour after the 7 to 8pm final show), so why is it still listed on the IW website at the special offer price, at least at the time of this forum posting? You don't think that they were telling fibs about the offer expiring in order to get people to buy quickly? :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/coli...-white-filament-bundle-1-year-warranty-392990

Their usual trick is that they out the price back up to the 'usual price' for a few days and then it drops again.

Their prices go up and down like a fiddlers elbow, which is quite apt really :mysmilie_59:

Their usual trick is that they out the price back up to the 'usual price' for a few days and then it drops again.

Their prices go up and down like a fiddlers elbow, which is quite apt really :mysmilie_59:

Therefore it has to be a genuine mistake or alternatively they've finally reached the point when they've stopped caring about such things, namely their demise is imminent. When this finally happens, no I won't be gloating about the demise of a company or the loss of jobs, but I will be gloating about the loss of a misogynistic wretch, salespeople employing highly dubious tactics and the shilling of grossly overpriced junk.

The two Peters are selling a cordless Vax vacuum cleaner but Perverse Peter Simon keeps pronouncing 'helix' as 'hell-ix' when it should be pronounced 'heel-ix'. (They're also doing the "Extended Delivery" thing that QVC often do.) And now he's getting hysterical over a pack of 50 microfibre cloths for £14.99 plus £1.99 P&P :mysmilie_59:

Just goes to show how low this channel has stooped, they're £19.99 + £1.99 p&p on the website now. FGS, you can pick up packs of microfibre cloths in Poundland, and these packs usually include cloths designed for glass cleaning, anti static cloths for cleaning electrical goods, ones that have an abrasive side as well as the regular ones, and they also come in assorted colours. Yeah you might only get 5 in a pack but you've spend half the money to get the same amount. And let's face it who needs to have a packet of cloths delivered, it's not as if they've awkward, heavy or bulky is it?

Just goes to show how low this channel has stooped, they're £19.99 + £1.99 p&p on the website now. FGS, you can pick up packs of microfibre cloths in Poundland, and these packs usually include cloths designed for glass cleaning, anti static cloths for cleaning electrical goods, ones that have an abrasive side as well as the regular ones, and they also come in assorted colours. Yeah you might only get 5 in a pack but you've spend half the money to get the same amount. And let's face it who needs to have a packet of cloths delivered, it's not as if they've awkward, heavy or bulky is it?

At that price I reckon Ideal World's cloths must be magic :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0349.jpg

Therefore it has to be a genuine mistake or alternatively they've finally reached the point when they've stopped caring about such things, namely their demise is imminent. When this finally happens, no I won't be gloating about the demise of a company or the loss of jobs, but I will be gloating about the loss of a misogynistic wretch, salespeople employing highly dubious tactics and the shilling of grossly overpriced junk.

They are quite loose with their pricing but I have to say they've cut out the more egregious examples of these tactics, possibly as they were highlighted on here, factually.

Does anyone remember Hayley Green brazenly stating the buyers categorically stated in an email that the Kitchen M8 Cooker would never be sold again for £29.99. She even waved around a piece of paper containing the email.

It was back on sale again at the same price in a few days.

And Rachel claiming that a Bissel would never, ever be sold again at the low price that day.

It was then sold a week or so later, for less. I think there were some complaints about this on Facebook.

And of course Nanty exclaimed that once the stock of a certain Bosch Vac was gone it would 'probably' never be on sale again.

But it was on sale again, and plenty of times, no probably about it.

I don't mind 'salesmanship', but too often this channel stretches this a bit far. But only companies that have to behave like that behave like that.

Kidding nobody :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back