Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter and Bev are doing something unprecedented with this Bosch cordless vac. They are doing a demo where they suck up dust from the gaps in the flooring. Dirty Pete laughs like a hyena as they do something never done before. Errrrr, except when they have done the same thing with the GTECH, Vax, Hoover etc etc etc....jesus.

and I missed it !! shoot.

Peter and Bev are doing something unprecedented with this Bosch cordless vac. They are doing a demo where they suck up dust from the gaps in the flooring. Dirty Pete laughs like a hyena as they do something never done before. Errrrr, except when they have done the same thing with the GTECH, Vax, Hoover etc etc etc....jesus.

It's the best he's ever seen...........AGAIN

Pop quiz! Which vac is Peter talking about? either the GTECH or the Bosch.... "innovative....most powerful...extraordinary.....best vacuum of 2017....I've never seen anything like it"

Trick question...it was both of them :mysmilie_19:

Just flicked on Ideal extra and he is pleading with you to order now, as they have limited stock. Trouble is, it is last Saturdays show, and it is being repeated on a Thursday! Not quite as limited as you implied eh Petey boy?

There was just an amusing bit where the GTECH girl was saying how it picks up the larger bits that other vacs just push forward. Cue a close up as the GTECH pushed the bits forward instead of sucking them up. She quickly stops and changes the subject :)

Did anyone see Watchdog last night? It had a feature on the secondary ticketing website Viagogo about extortionate fees etc. The bit that I liked was when they said the website constantly puts you under pressure to complete with messages like "only 10 tickets left" "four people buying now" etc etc. It reminded me of another company, but I can't remember who it is...

Did anyone see Watchdog last night? It had a feature on the secondary ticketing website Viagogo about extortionate fees etc. The bit that I liked was when they said the website constantly puts you under pressure to complete with messages like "only 10 tickets left" "four people buying now" etc etc. It reminded me of another company, but I can't remember who it is...

Yes I saw that as well. Ideal World are definitely trying that trick sometimes during sales presentations; a recent watch show had Nanty saying that there was one watch left in a particular colour and it was in someone's web basket so if you go to the phones you could take it off them (or words to that effect). This may or may not be true but it's still clearly indicative of their latest tactics.

10 minutes in to this watch hour and not once has Simon quoted the actual price of this first watch. All he has done is keep saying "how are we doing this watch for £36.66?" - once in a blue moon mentioning flexi payments, but not explaining it.

And are IW breaking privacy rules? He keeps saying that collectors are on the website buying these watches. How would he know unless someone was snooping into the details of buyers and passing the info to him. We all know he is BSing, but anyone with half a brain can surely see through his crap?

Swiss made watches are going up in price due to the exchange rates...........well I heard this on IW so it must be happening!

Peter the watch expert is also telling us any Swiss made watch will only ever go up in value, COME ON THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE TO BUY ONE OF THESE!!!!!!

PS: What the hell does "we wont be geting anymore of these back.....for the moment" mean? is the "moment" a minute? a day? a month? STOP!!! Its all twaddle.

Well, I just googled some of those Swiss Eagle ones. And they are doing them at a decent price. But they aren't getting them back because they are 2015 models and so must just be end of the line. In other words, watches that couldn't be shifted at full price over the last couple of years.

I think I need help. I seem to be posting here far too often :) Creepy touchy feely bloke was shilling those rise and recline chairs yesterday with Gollum.

Gollum says that really, you would expect to see them priced in the thousands :mysmilie_13: creepy then says that he did some research and said that for a twin motor rise/recliner of similar quality, you were looking at around £1000.

Don't know where he does his research as pretty much every result on google shows prices anywhere from £250-500! Do they think viewers don't know how to use google to check these things for themselves?

Gollum couldn't believe how comfortable they were. In fact they were so comfortable he was tempted to order one himself. He was staring into the camera virtually begging people to buy one as they were so amazing. But he was only tempted himself, and didn't actually by one :/

Gollum said he was tempted to have one for his 'mancave' although it looked more suited to me to be in a care home!

Baby Jane must find it a struggle to move in her room she has in Peterborough with all the fitness stuff she hides behind chairs and under beds. She must have one of everything they sell, the latest being the legmaster.

So tempted to order this Tower 5 in 1 Microwave. They are really busy and might sell out. Sounds like it is now or never if I want one at this unbeatable price.

Oh no....wait a second. It's the same Tower 5 in1 they have been selling for months at this same price. No panic after all. Silly welsh lass mustn't have been told all this before she started her spiel.

Gollum said he was tempted to have one for his 'mancave' although it looked more suited to me to be in a care home!

Baby Jane must find it a struggle to move in her room she has in Peterborough with all the fitness stuff she hides behind chairs and under beds. She must have one of everything they sell, the latest being the legmaster.

Mancave? Oh please... and I love it that he couldn't even bother to lie and say he's bought four of them, only thinking about it. I love it when they are that desperate and are virtually begging. I reckon they are not salaried but paid only on commission, and don't get to eat unless they sell this crud!

Last edited:
So tempted to order this Tower 5 in 1 Microwave. They are really busy and might sell out. Sounds like it is now or never if I want one at this unbeatable price.

Oh no....wait a second. It's the same Tower 5 in1 they have been selling for months at this same price. No panic after all. Silly welsh lass mustn't have been told all this before she started her spiel.

"Your highest rated products for less!"

Another gimmick to sell their usual tat.......this Tower 'not just a microwave' is the same price from Tower incidentally and with no postage. Although, like with all their product reviews, it has 5 stars on the first few pages, it's not so loved further down the reviews.

"Your highest/lowest rated products for the same as we always do them!"

"Your highest rated products for less!"

Another gimmick to sell their usual tat.......this Tower 'not just a microwave' is the same price from Tower incidentally and with no postage. Although, like with all their product reviews, it has 5 stars on the first few pages, it's not so loved further down the reviews.

"Your highest/lowest rated products for the same as we always do them!"

From what I know, the Tower microwave appears to be the same as the Daewoo air frying microwave but silver in colour rather than black (and most likely also made by Daewoo). Apparently it isn't a bad product but does have some minor limitations.

Some one-star reviews I've seen of products are complete rubbish, like the review of a Sony television where the purchaser hated it simply because of its remote control (for some unfathomable reason).

Really can't stand that Vax guy, and he seems to be coming an almost permanent fixture there! Loved his little speech last night about how that Vax cleaner was commercial and so you didn't need to move it slowly across the carpet like home versions. A few minutes later he is showing how powerful it is by using it in the IW reception area. And moves it across the carpet at a snails pace :)

Then cut back to nanty who had an amusing choice of words. Puts on his sincere voice and says "when we do carpet cleaner demos we sometimes spill things on to carpets to show them working. But what you saw then was 100% genuine". I know what he meant, but it still amused me that he had to clarify something was "genuine" :)

I think I want to punch some of these presenters now. Yet again GTECH woman has just asked "when you think of other handhelds, how much run time do you get" ....."oooh, not long" says Howard. "8 minutes" she says...."if you are lucky" says the welsh liar!

It is so insulting.

I think I want to punch some of these presenters now. Yet again GTECH woman has just asked "when you think of other handhelds, how much run time do you get" ....."oooh, not long" says Howard. "8 minutes" she says...."if you are lucky" says the welsh liar!

It is so insulting.

If you want to punch then you may have to get to the back of a fairly long queue!

Really can't stand that Vax guy, and he seems to be coming an almost permanent fixture there! Loved his little speech last night about how that Vax cleaner was commercial and so you didn't need to move it slowly across the carpet like home versions. A few minutes later he is showing how powerful it is by using it in the IW reception area. And moves it across the carpet at a snails pace :)

Then cut back to nanty who had an amusing choice of words. Puts on his sincere voice and says "when we do carpet cleaner demos we sometimes spill things on to carpets to show them working. But what you saw then was 100% genuine". I know what he meant, but it still amused me that he had to clarify something was "genuine" :)

Genuine? I think we may have to send them a dictionary so they know what it means...

This lot wouldn't know 'genuine' if they fell over it.

Surprised they use the word genuine, seeing as a gemstone company likes to also brandish that name on occasion.

thought selly telly channels were funny about that sort of thing?

Latest posts

Back