Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The toy presentation is still the same style for the past 6 years. And that bloke still not allowed to say hamley's pathetic. And geneplease banging on about we will not have any stk smartphone stock. Do ideal world think we are idiots. No we are not.

The toy presentation is still the same style for the past 6 years. And that bloke still not allowed to say hamley's pathetic. And geneplease banging on about we will not have any stk smartphone stock. Do ideal world think we are idiots. No we are not.

I wouldn't want one of those phones if they were giving them away!

Peter Simon just said he knows someone who bought that toy Viper Drone who makes a living filming with it. :mysmilie_13:

See I reckon they are allowed to say Hamleys, but there must be something subliminal (and shysterey) in implying it but not directly advertising them either.

That is absolutely classic Peter Simon making that claim about the drone and his friend making a living filming with it.

Once again the shouting dwarf was banging on about how sorry he feels for people who spent £800-1000 on a drone with stability control. Then showing how his drone has the same thing - and once again, as always, it starts just drifting off across the studio away from him, so he quickly grabs hold of it.

That drone is about as stable as my bollocks while I'm trampolining.

That is absolutely classic Peter Simon making that claim about the drone and his friend making a living filming with it.

Once again the shouting dwarf was banging on about how sorry he feels for people who spent £800-1000 on a drone with stability control. Then showing how his drone has the same thing - and once again, as always, it starts just drifting off across the studio away from him, so he quickly grabs hold of it.

That drone is about as stable as my bollocks while I'm trampolining.

That poxey Drone only has altitude hold. A proper drone has GPS hold, which will hold it in a fixed position. If it aint got GPS, it will drift! Mire claims his Drone has a range of a whopping 200 meters. A DJI Mavic has a range of up to 4 miles. As a DJI Mavic owner (cost £738) I feel sorry for all of the people being duped into thinking they can get an equal Drone for a mere £150. Mire's antics are shameful and dishonest to say the least!

See I reckon they are allowed to say Hamleys, but there must be something subliminal (and shysterey) in implying it but not directly advertising them either.

Think they did that at least once last year; they mentioned Hamleys but surrounded it with waffly statements. Maybe that didn't work?

As for the drone, in the one sales pitch I saw last week they never mentioned any flying restrictions whilst I was watching, unlike a previous occasion when they spent quite some time on the subject complete with providing website details for a set of rules (perhaps after being told off for not saying that you cannot just fly a drone anywhere outside). I wonder if the Ideal World call centre will mention these requirements as part of placing an order by phone?*

*I doubt it

Peter Simon just said he knows someone who bought that toy Viper Drone who makes a living filming with it. :mysmilie_13:

Highly believable, as always..............cringe

Richard said he had put just one drone back in stock at the London toy store and it had sold out in three and a half minutes. Why doesn't he put all the stock he has there and shove off then?

Sally said the same thing about some crappy product -I can't remember which one- a 'friend of hers ' had 'started their own business ' using whatever it was she was flogging.
I checked out the Hamleys thing a couple of years ago- their website showed only own brand drones , not the Richard Mire ones.
They are just trying to imply that they are alluding to Hamleys -it's all a load of bull , like everything else !
Also ...the ruse about the 'London toy store -we're not allowed to say which one' then how come they are 'allowed' to name Currys and Argos et al when they are doing price comparisons ???

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Wirral? He used to be the most active contributor to this forum. I used to like reading his/her comments. I hope Wirral hasn't been gagged somehow.

Highly believable, as always..............cringe

Richard said he had put just one drone back in stock at the London toy store and it had sold out in three and a half minutes. Why doesn't he put all the stock he has there and shove off then?

especially if he can sell it for £1000...

especially if he can sell it for £1000...

Just this minute heard his sidekick that's on now telling the same story. One was found at the back of a cupboard at the famous toy shop in London and put on sale and it sold out in a couple of minutes, for £250! Doesn't make sense that they are trying to sell them on IW for £100 cheaper.

Mire's sidekick just said the gimbal on the drone is worth £160. It's not even a gimbal, merely a camera mount. You can buy a half decent proper drone gimbal on eBay and the internet for around £25.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm1440s.html?currency=GBP&Warehouse=CN&%7Bifdbm:aid=dc2dynamic&mid=10000008003&utm_source=SEM&utm_medium=DoubleClick&utm_campaign=$%7BINSERTION_ORDER_ID%7D&utm_adgroup=$%7BCAMPAIGN_ID%7D%7D&aid=gdmkthyly&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI06bEkIjz1gIVsITtCh1cfwPtEAEYASAHEgJ8EfD_BwE

Liars one and all!!

Last edited:
(this is outlandish but) I do wonder if IW forces some of the more obscure companies to sell their products at a much more extortionate price on their website, so they can claim that their extortionate price is great value by comparison?

Bring back Paul Lavers & get rid of the awful Foghorn Jacks woman,who can’t go for 1 minute without saying err,or Um,dreadful woman,this terrible presenter has been on this channel as a presenter for 2 years, and is no more a professional presenter than she was on day one,no other presenter on this channel says err,umm like Foghorn Jacks,still goes on about her Wedding,nobody cares or is bothered or wants to hear about her wedding,I feel sorry for the bloke who’s married to her.

Last edited:
I tell you what, for someone who doesn't like being referred to as Gollum, he sure does refer to monsters a lot. Monstrously this, monstrously that.....does he think he is back in Middle Earth?

What gets me is, a few weeks back Reg Varney said that the hours "aways start slowly for the first 20 minutes while viewers check out what is coming up and compare prices online"

Yet Gollum is always claiming the phone lines and internet have "lit up" literally the second a price is shown on screen at the beginning of an hour. So which is it?

I tell you what, for someone who doesn't like being referred to as Gollum, he sure does refer to monsters a lot. Monstrously this, monstrously that.....does he think he is back in Middle Earth?

What gets me is, a few weeks back Reg Varney said that the hours "aways start slowly for the first 20 minutes while viewers check out what is coming up and compare prices online"

Yet Gollum is always claiming the phone lines and internet have "lit up" literally the second a price is shown on screen at the beginning of an hour. So which is it?

I hope you aren't suggesting they may be naughty little fibbers? Surely not! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back