Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun punting big ugly Constantin Weisz watches says......

"All these watches are on interest free payments tonight" See that sound a fly wee line is it not?

IW dont deal with interest payments and they dont do interest free payment hours, But thats exactly what he tried to make it sound like as if the vulnerable viewer should hurry to get these on interest free tonight only!! Tsk tsk very underhanded!

It really is worth listening for what they DONT say!!!!

Costantin Weisz Watches. Made in Germany printed on the dials, Miyota Japan printed on the Rotor. The German Watch, with Japanese Movement.

Curious?!!!!

Shaun punting big ugly Constantin Weisz watches says......

"All these watches are on interest free payments tonight" See that sound a fly wee line is it not?

IW dont deal with interest payments and they dont do interest free payment hours, But thats exactly what he tried to make it sound like as if the vulnerable viewer should hurry to get these on interest free tonight only!! Tsk tsk very underhanded!

It really is worth listening for what they DONT say!!!!

that is ****** disgusting... they have always been interest-free, but as you say... he is well aware of the implication of the words he chose.

Sweet seeing Gollum have to do some fast talking last night after realising he was making claims he shouldn't be.

He was shilling the teetertable, and does that really annoying thing where he moves up close to the camera. He then starts off with "look, we all know the risks/dangers of taking prescription drugs"

But you see it dawn on him what he has said, so as fast as you like "I'm not knocking them. I'm not a G.P, I mean.....I'm not making a statement. I'm just saying....."

I'd love to know if they were barking something down his ear piece to get him to shut up.

Makes me laugh though, how he is up close to the camera extoling the virtues of the teetertable, while making it fairly obvious he hasn't used one many times before, and very obviously doesn't own one. But we are supposed to just take the plunge. After all, if we don't like it, we only have to package the ****** huge heavy thing up and drop it off at Asda if we don't want to lose £20 in postage.

I'm sure all those people who have bought Luggie's off them will be first in line to stuff it on the back of it and scoot on down to Asda :)

Haha....missed his opening speech last night for that teetertable. It is on repeat now.

He starts off with this gem "a g.p will give you medication which addresses the symptom and not the cause. And those pain killers are only temporary"

Goes on to show a bullet point screen showing the positives of the teetertable......showing "temporary this....temporary that" :mysmilie_19:

Haha....missed his opening speech last night for that teetertable. It is on repeat now.

He starts off with this gem "a g.p will give you medication which addresses the symptom and not the cause. And those pain killers are only temporary"

Goes on to show a bullet point screen showing the positives of the teetertable......showing "temporary this....temporary that" :mysmilie_19:

My doctor advises me not to look up symptons on the internet. I wonder what she would say if she knew what De Bald Bloke was saying...

Mike is an expert on natural history too - yesterday he said cooking began when man first clubbed a dinosaur and cooked it.
The dinosaurs became extinct sixty five million years before man arrived on the planet.

Selective competitors pricing comparisons last night again. Once again showing the Krups coffee machine for almost a grand. I really do refuse to believe that they have that many people watching who want to spend that kind of money on a coffee machine.

Gollum had that ****** smirk on his face again, and once again clearly doesn't own the thing that he is trying to convince us all that we can't live without.

At one point he looks off camera and asks "how many of these do we have again", looks back and doesn't mention the number, but suggests you get on the phone quickly to avoid missing out. He is aware we have this thing called a memory and that we can recall the thing having been aired probably half a dozen times or more in the last couple of months, for the same price? No rush needed as far as I can see.

The selective comparisons though, showing places with prices up to £1400, compared with IW price of £850.

They didn't show Amazon or AO at £899. I'd rather sling Amazon that extra £50 and know I had probably the best customer support out there.

But a quick google shows you can buy it direct from Germany for £750.

Last edited:
Shouting Sally selling the rip-off radiators yesterday evening whilst wearing a jumper; of course if the radiators were doing their job properly she wouldn't need to wear a jump...erm... :mysmilie_59:

Also for the first time (or so she said) she interrupted her sales pitch to shout at someone for buying the 1000 watt heater and to buy the 1500 watt heater instead (probably for their "special deal"). OK, so if they're doing a special deal then why not make the 1000 watt heater temporarily unavailable so that people don't inadvertently buy it instead of the special offer? Or are they deliberately profiteering from mistake(s) made by misinformed customer(s)?

Incidentally when I was watching Sally she was upselling the bigger radiator without giving any indication as to why this was the case apart from having a greater output, making it sound as if she was trying to sell something that someone might not actually need, which of course would lead to buyers making the same mistake as outlined above.

Selective competitors pricing comparisons last night again. Once again showing the Krups coffee machine for almost a grand. I really do refuse to believe that they have that many people watching who want to spend that kind of money on a coffee machine.

Gollum had that ****** smirk on his face again, and once again clearly doesn't own the thing that he is trying to convince us all that we can't live without.

At one point he looks off camera and asks "how many of these do we have again", looks back and doesn't mention the number, but suggests you get on the phone quickly to avoid missing out. He is aware we have this thing called a memory and that we can recall the thing having been aired probably half a dozen times or more in the last couple of months, for the same price? No rush needed as far as I can see.

The selective comparisons though, showing places with prices up to £1400, compared with IW price of £850.

They didn't show Amazon or AO at £899. I'd rather sling Amazon that extra £50 and know I had probably the best customer support out there.

But a quick google shows you can buy it direct from Germany for £750.

I know the smirk you refer to. I always have the urge to wipe the smile off his face...

Just come across this recent review and I'm shocked! So they made a mistake and are giving the money back as a credit note? Sounds tantamount to theft to me.....

I ordered drill bits pick of the day at £39.99 plus free delivery on the website and followed the instructions which said discount would be taken off at end order.
I was charged £69.99 plus p&p.
I emailed within 5 minutes to tell them what had happened and they have offered me a £30 credit note which I have to spend within 2 months but no refund off the difference.
Will be taking it further...

Just come across this recent review and I'm shocked! So they made a mistake and are giving the money back as a credit note? Sounds tantamount to theft to me.....

I ordered drill bits pick of the day at £39.99 plus free delivery on the website and followed the instructions which said discount would be taken off at end order.
I emailed within 5 minutes to tell them what had happened and they have offered me a £30 credit note which I have to spend within 2 months but no refund off the difference.

What a ****** nerve!!

Disgraceful behaviour. It goes to show you should never get involved with these people.

Going back a while, the POD was always shrouded in mystery until 9pm. Now they are showing what it is hours before the 9pm kick off. You'd be forgiven for thinking they're having a hard time flogging stuff but according to Mr Beck, the recent two years have been their best ever.

Maybe it's because of the system they have of overcharging and giving people credit notes back to spend later ^^:mysmilie_11:

The alleged credit note can only be used on the 31st November:mysmilie_13:. There no other alternatives. Typical shyster tactics, but then, this is Ideal World we are talking about! (Ideal World - I rather think not!) :mysmilie_17:

Two 'highlights' from the earlier 'Glow Crazy' show with Mason and Dire:

[video]https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/glow-crazy-pick-of-the-day-2676735?channel=IW[/video]

At 34m 18s Gollum announces that sales of the AA batteries were particularly busy, before adding (nudge nudge :wink: :wink: ), "That will be the women". Mr Dire seemed quite amused by this remark, which was clearly referencing the use of marital aids. (Perhaps the Goddess has her own preferences in this department, so Mason may well have been talking from personal experience).

A bit later in the show (45m), I was surprised to see a picture of Simon Iles (at least I assume it was him) being used to demonstrate the versatility of the Glow Crazy machine. I thought it was very sporting of him to have his image used in this way.

At 10 o'clock IW's resident Clown introduced Tom Fake, (Watch expert!) as the most illegible man on TV. :mysmilie_19:

Those Delorean Watches have to be the most hideous designed Watches in the World, but the Clown says that are one of his favourite Watch brands.

How come you never see him wear one then?

Last edited:
Justine Balmer is now the expert for karcher... g-tech must be fuming, unless SHOCK HORROR she is employed by IW and not the company she is supposed to be the expert for.

I suggest all the presenters get a plumber in. They all seem to have an issue with noisy central heating starting up, especially when shilling those rip off ceramic heaters. I don't know about anybody else, but apart from the odd little noise from a radiator as it heats up, I haven't ever turned into the hunchback of notre dame and started yelling "the heating....the heating.....turn down the heating"

Latest posts

Back