Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

is Moissanite a real or fake diamond? because he was certainly talking about it like it was as real as anything that ever existed. Of course I'll apologise if it is real and he is well within his rights to do so. I was just under the impression it was their equivalent of diamonique or diamontaire.

On a personal level I admire that Andy Hodgeson is willing to give his mates and mates of mates, paydays on the channel.... but is that really wise when 99% of the connections are from failed enterprises where the **** sticks.

Peter ''most uninteresting man in the world'' vol-au-vent must have been jumping for joy when Janice left, as he is always getting his face on camera.

Moissanite (or created Moissanite, which is what they should call it) is man made, in a laboratory.

You’ll do well to find it on sale in many jeweller’s of note.

Much like the no name Watches it’s Selly Telly fodder :mysmilie_59:

79052A00-5008-4D1C-8051-C8E0ECAF829A.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that there is no point whatsoever in this channel...I suppose this could extend to shopping channels in general, however I'm picking on this one because they sell a lot of "low end" tat and charge the earth for it eg, shonky watches made in the far east, toy bundles that consist of items you can buy in any budget retailer and actually pick and choose what you want, and then of course there's all the awful clothes! Then they've got the regular mid range stuff...I mean why wouldn't you go to Argos? Out of date tech that you can buy on Amazon and Ebay for £££'s cheaper..then ridiculous rip off stuff like those radiators. The presenters are unpleasant, and what's more they're not even entertaining to watch. Suprised they're still in business!

They're good for taking the pIss out of, that's the only point I can see :mysmilie_17:

Moissanite (or created Moissanite, which is what they ought to call it) is man made, in a laboratory.

You’ll do well to find it on sale in any jeweller of note. It’s classic Selly Telly fodder :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15255

Diamonique looks far superior to this somehow. Remember De Knees' ring, the one that they replicated of the one she doesn't wear? That looked rubbish on close up.........or from further away for that matter....

Diamonique looks far superior to this somehow. Remember De Knees' ring, the one that they replicated of the one she doesn't wear? That looked rubbish on close up.........or from further away for that matter....

It looked rubbish close up?

That must be why she never wore it :mysmilie_59:

C1E605CC-7A54-4B54-A62A-7B2BDDA4D842.jpeg6204CC97-780D-4E22-AA58-C07479854B13.jpg

It appears that the vacuum cleaner expert is now the STK phone expert. Being sold today at the lowest ever price of £59.99. Again!!!

It's strange how another bunch of one star reviews for the phone have vanished!!!

It appears that the vacuum cleaner expert is now the STK phone expert. Being sold today at the lowest ever price of £59.99. Again!!!

It's strange how another bunch of one star reviews for the phone have vanished!!!

They may well remove the 1 star reviews from their own website but Trust Pilot has plenty of people complaining about those phones :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

I smell a bumper bargain watch show is in the offing. Not the scrap russian tank bits ones but the world famous perfections of horology Mathey Tissot.
For some perverse reason I regularly check to see which watches that are limited editions which are always on the verge of selling out because the lines are in metdown and you must go to the phones and just buy it etc etc
and the bottom line is that days and weeks later nearly all of them are still available.
One that has always caught my eye for weeks is a £2199 monstrosity which has been that price for ever. I now notice its gone up to £2999 which is clearly great business practice.

" we've still got some of those watches left you know. The ones costing £2199. Any ideas how to get them moving ?"

" Errmm hang on..... got it put them up by £800. That should do it "

I strongly suspect this watch will feature shortly having been reduced to an incredible price of £2199 saving us £800.

So look out for it, Im sure its coming and get in quick because they wont last long , everything will be in meltdown. Igors pal will be shaking his head in disbelief that they are letting this go
at such a bargain price which will never be repeated because he cannot ever ever again get hold of any more of these whist Mr simon will fawn all over the thing interspersing the sale with tales
about breastfeeding barbers, incontinence, our Ethel getting slipped a sausage at the butchers,nipping across the road to Lils on a Sunday for a bit of crackling and crumpets etc etc.

A BAFTA awaits .

I am on the point of ordering a couple, but thought they looke a bit downmarket for me, but they may be okay as a gift to the milky and posty. At just £2199 a pop, well worth it I say! Not.

I smell a bumper bargain watch show is in the offing. Not the scrap russian tank bits ones but the world famous perfections of horology Mathey Tissot.
For some perverse reason I regularly check to see which watches that are limited editions which are always on the verge of selling out because the lines are in metdown and you must go to the phones and just buy it etc etc
and the bottom line is that days and weeks later nearly all of them are still available.
One that has always caught my eye for weeks is a £2199 monstrosity which has been that price for ever. I now notice its gone up to £2999 which is clearly great business practice.

" we've still got some of those watches left you know. The ones costing £2199. Any ideas how to get them moving ?"

I strongly suspect this watch will feature shortly having been reduced to an incredible price of £2199 saving us £800.

So look out for it, Im sure its coming and get in quick because they wont last long , everything will be in meltdown. Igors pal will be shaking his head in disbelief that they are letting this go
at such a bargain price which will never be repeated because he cannot ever ever again get hold of any more of these whist Mr simon will fawn all over the thing interspersing the sale with tales
about breastfeeding barbers, incontinence, our Ethel getting slipped a sausage at the butchers,nipping across the road to Lils on a Sunday for a bit of crackling and crumpets etc etc.

A BAFTA awaits .

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

They have a beauty of a Mankey Tosspot Watch on offer at just £2,999.99 (+ £8.99 P&P).

It’s not immediately clear if the ‘reviewer’ actually bought it but ‘Dave’ from ‘WAST Midlands’ just loves it :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/mathey-tissot-gent-s-le-storm-with-eta-valjoux-7750-movement-and-titanium-case-439773?query=fh_view_size%3d24%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fidealworld%252fen_GB%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1005%257d%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1005_1495%257d%252fbrand_iw%40gt%3b%257bmathey20tissot%257d%26fh_sort%3d-onair_iw%252c-hasimage_iw%252c-new_iw%252c-salescash_iw%252c-stock_iw%252c-item_visible_iw%252c-average_overall_rating_iw

That will be Dave who since December 2015 has posted 103 reviews of which by my reckoning 86 ( THATS EIGHTY SIX) are watches
Mathey wotsit and the russian tank ones,Annie Apple ( really ??) and a few others which he has taken the time to review (mostly 5 star).

A lot of these purchases were in excess of £500 a pop but lets say an average price of £400 which works out at over £34,000 pounds in 26 months on watches alone
assuming the review database is correct.

Now thats a man that loves a watch and in fact he says himself in his last review that he does buy all the watches he reviews. 86

That will be Dave who since December 2015 has posted 103 reviews of which by my reckoning 86 ( THATS EIGHTY SIX) are watches
Mathey wotsit and the russian tank ones,Annie Apple ( really ??) and a few others which he has taken the time to review (mostly 5 star).

A lot of these purchases were in excess of £500 a pop but lets say an average price of £400 which works out at over £34,000 pounds in 26 months on watches alone
assuming the review database is correct.

Now thats a man that loves a watch and in fact he says himself in his last review that he does buy all the watches he reviews. 86

In my opinion some of the reviews on their website appear ‘suspect’, I think. Except perhaps if you go to the last few pages of reviews for any given item (which you could be forgiven for thinking they’re trying to hide). I was just looking at the last few pages of Blue Magic reviews, which all say it’s a load of crap.

They used to have a reviewer called ‘Barry’, he too bought just about everything. And, unsurprisingly, everything seemed to be fabulous.

Personally I prefer to take account of the reviews on the independent Trust Pilot website. I think it is fair to say that the vast, vast majority of the hundreds of reviews for Ideal World are shocking. And I really do mean shocking.

They appear to be the worst reviewed shopping channel, and by some way. In fact they’re just about the worst reviewed ‘clothes & fashion’ retailer full stop. Their reviews are even worse than Bid TV’s were.

I know on the face of it they do have some occasional good electrical deals but I couldn’t possibly trust them enough to make a purchase :mysmilie_13:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

They have a beauty of a Mankey Tosspot Watch on offer at just £2,999.99 (+ £8.99 P&P).

It’s not immediately clear if the ‘reviewer’ actually bought it but ‘Dave’ from ‘WAST Midlands’ just loves it :mysmilie_59:

Dear Wirrall, may I say to clear this up once and for all! The "Dave" you mentioned above is not, most definately not me. I may have bad taste in watches, but for the sanity of all forumites, you can rest easy that Honest Dave (that would be me), is not, nor will not buy a manky tosspot, or whatever pile of wrist watch made from old tanks that are on sale at I/W. You can take that to the bank before you check out your baskets! Just sayin! :mysmilie_17:

Dear Wirrall, may I say to clear this up once and for all! The "Dave" you mentioned above is not, most definately not me. I may have bad taste in watches, but for the sanity of all forumites, you can rest easy that Honest Dave (that would be me), is not, nor will not buy a manky tosspot, or whatever pile of wrist watch made from old tanks that are on sale at I/W. You can take that to the bank before you check out your baskets! Just sayin! :mysmilie_17:

I reckon Dave from Wast Midlands is the alter ego of ...........

0D44A673-75EC-4840-9E41-EE912DA5AABC.jpg

:mysmilie_59:

I wonder if Dave is actually Peter Simon by the wording of the reviews, they dont sound like something a normal reviewer would say

GET IT NOW!!!!

Im sure these will sell out because of what they are!So buy one before they go!!!

But this it is a fantastic price from Vostok Europe...so guys buy it

Fantastic watch just buy this for the nh movement??

This could be a great starter watch for your collection

Get one now as they are limited

Fantastic watch with a brilliant story and personality to match

Now that makes it a collectors watch!!!!!

Vostok what more can you ask for.also an amazing price

A BAFTA awaits .

I see the same watch with the black PVD case is only £1999.99. So it's what some call "a no brainer". It's the black version every time. How can anyone resist such a beautiful timepiece?

Seriously, this thing is just hideous. The kind of watch that even Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder wouldn't buy!!!

Forget Changing Rooms.

We have Hayley ‘Paul Calf’ Green and Shaun ‘Luxury’ Crawley presenting their new ‘show’ on Interior Design.

I fancy this pair of luvvies think of themselves as a celeb couple. But jeez they are dated, they’d have been old fashioned 40 years ago :mysmilie_59:

859128A1-36D9-44C5-A8BC-AB4315494374.jpg8A7CFD31-0C04-40D4-9B1E-3EDEEC8815E0.jpgD44A2645-3FD3-4738-A6E0-E1EAD5C49442.jpg4E580CCA-5943-4B9C-A50B-44F65ABEC164.jpg

Latest posts

Back