Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At around 20 mins in there are some punters (mugs/collectors) who have purchased the watches :mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_15: Enough said.

They used to do similar with Elizabeth Grant.

Old Lizzie would appear on video, offering a disingenuous, incredulous sounding explanation of her ‘discovery’ that is the mystical Torricelumn (TM).

You were none the wiser for listening to her drivel. Take a look :mysmilie_59:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb9JBEVzFKI

On the one watch hour, Gollum said the phones were on fire from people ordering those orange dial Vostoks. Yet it took about an hour to sell 15 of them!

Have you noticed that every watch hour they have the lowest prices ever. They'll be having us believe that they will soon be paying us to take them off their hands.

I had to smile last night when Kevinski said that one particular watch told every time zone from the north pole to the south pole. I hate to break it to him, that time zones run from east to west, not north to south.

Kevinski Reynoldski the father of time. :mysmilie_17:

On the one watch hour, Gollum said the phones were on fire from people ordering those orange dial Vostoks. Yet it took about an hour to sell 15 of them!

Have you noticed that every watch hour they have the lowest prices ever. They'll be having us believe that they will soon be paying us to take them off their hands.

Yes indeed Radio. And if you tune in at 7:00pm those bestest of friends, Nanty and Caroline Garrard, have a range of Constantin Scheisse Watches with 10% off.

Will Caroline Garrard be too modest to mention that she was privileged to once work at The Royal Jewellers?

Will Nanty tell us that he’s 50 this year and he’d like a special Watch to mark the occasion?

Time will tell, which is more than you can say for those Watches :mysmilie_59:

2EB7D4A4-4DFC-4BF3-80D1-5E6616D56D95.jpg

Yes indeed Radio. And if you tune in at 7:00pm those bestest of friends, Nanty and Caroline Garrard, have a range of Constantin Scheisse Watches with 10% off.

Will Caroline Garrard be too modest to mention that she was privileged to once work at The Royal Jewellers?

Will Nanty tell us that he’s 50 this year and he’d like a special Watch to mark the occasion?

Time will tell, which is more than you can say for those Watches :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16264

Not Constantin Weisz, that is one sh#t watch brand. I have to laugh when I see Made In Germany on the dial, then they turn the watch around to show the exhibition case back and you read Miyota Japan on the rotor of the mechanical movement. Oh the German engineering!!!

I bet Nanty will buy one, he's buying so many of the watches he shows lately. :mysmilie_19:

That Lloyd has had a busy day, he was the 'guest expert' for roofix earlier and is now shilling Williams car wax.

Creepy Crawley must be furious at losing some air-time.

Not Constantin Weisz, that is one sh#t watch brand. I have to laugh when I see Made In Germany on the dial, then they turn the watch around to show the exhibition case back and you read Miyota Japan on the rotor of the mechanical movement. Oh the German engineering!!!

I bet Nanty will buy one, he's buying so many of the watches he shows lately. :mysmilie_19:

Designed in Germany. Made in China. Sold on Ideal World, by Caroline Garrard. It’s not compelling is it?

You can buy Automatic Bulova Watches in Argos for less than that shat. They also sell Automatic Accurist and Rotary Watches that cost even less.

I will concede that they dont come with a ‘Free’ Plazzy Collectors Box but you can’t have everything :mysmilie_59:

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/automatic-watch/

Designed in Germany. Made in China. Sold on Ideal World, by Caroline Garrard. It’s not compelling is it?

You can buy Automatic Bulova Watches in Argos for less than that shat. They also sell Automatic Accurist and Rotary Watches that cost even less.

I will concede that they dont come with a ‘Free’ Plazzy Collectors Box but you can’t have everything :mysmilie_59:

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/automatic-watch/

I've always said it about Caroline, she is very... very... fortunate, that comrade Kevski and Peter Simon do most of the shows/get all the vitriol

I've always said it about Caroline, she is very... very... fortunate, that comrade Kevski and Peter Simon do most of the shows/get all the vitriol

She’s ridiculous, but she’s in good company.

I guess she’s there to try and add an air of elegance to proceedings. Of course this falls flat on its arse when she accompanied by Nanty with his blotchy, fake tan stained hands and his even more Gingerer than Ginger Dyed Beard.

She should be applauded though, if only for the brazen way she has, for years, got away with very loosely associating a long since supposed work stint at The Royal Jewellers while shilling hideous, Chinese, Selly Telly exclusivities called Constantin Weisz that come in a big ‘effin plazzy box :mysmilie_59:

56FBB5A8-26B8-4974-97DD-F37709600EE8.jpgC9AFA632-4DD6-4860-BB31-73D831B45311.jpg

She’s ridiculous, but she’s in good company.

I guess she’s there to try and add an air of elegance to proceedings. Of course this falls flat on its arse when she accompanied by Nanty with his blotchy, fake tan stained hands and his even more Gingerer than Ginger Dyed Beard.

She should be applauded though, if only for the brazen way she has, for years, got away with very loosely associating a long since supposed work stint at The Royal Jewellers while shilling hideous, Chinese, Selly Telly exclusivities called Constantin Weisz that come in a big ‘effin plazzy box :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16265View attachment 16266

It's all very vague though... it could be the equivalent of sweeping hair off the floor in a barbers and then claiming you are the star of the show there.

It's all very vague though... it could be the equivalent of sweeping hair off the floor in a barbers and then claiming you are the star of the show there.

The Royal Jewellers to Ideal World.

It’s an interesting career path. I wonder if it’s one she chose? :mysmilie_59:

On another tack had to laugh the other morning when cackling horror Hayley said Crawley was one of the creepy Crawleys

At 8:00pm tonight, Nanty and Martin C present Timberland Watches. I suspect Timberland will be described as fashionable, luxurious, desirable and aspirational.

I’ve never thought of Timberland as a Watch Maker, which is probably because they’re not, but rather a brand once favoured by Chavs and Scallies but even they’ve moved on.

But I’d still rather have a Timberland Watch than a Constantin Weisz as Cash Converters are more likely to buy it when I’m skint :mysmilie_59:

BE27418F-762B-499F-B486-760BF27ED1D5.jpg

Well, my Mathey Tissot type 21 chronograph is finally due to be delivered on Wednesday. As I said previously, about 5 weeks ago in fact, this piece was ordered from Jomashop in New York. It's been quite a wait. First of all, Jomashop had no stock for 3 weeks, then it was held in Germany for 8 days, then it took Royal mail several days to send me the "fee to pay" card.
Well that card arrived this morning and the customs fee was £54.32. So in total, this watch has cost me just shy of £300. I see now, that this "never to be seen again, world's most sought after watch", (Kevski's words not mine)is priced at £699.99 plus £8.99 p+p on IW.
Hopefully it will be OK when I get it.

At 8:00pm tonight, Nanty and Martin C present Timberland Watches. I suspect Timberland will be described as fashionable, luxurious, desirable and aspirational.

I’ve never thought of Timberland as a Watch Maker, which is probably because they’re not, but rather a brand once favoured by Chavs and Scallies but even they’ve moved on.

But I’d still rather have a Timberland Watch than a Constantin Weisz as Cash Converters are more likely to buy it when I’m skint :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16273

General rule of thumb for the watch 'expert' seems to be:

If Martin, the watches are certainly worth looking at.

If Kevski, proceed with caution.

If Caroline, they're bins specials.

:mysmilie_59:

My late husband was a watchmaker. I remember two things that always got his back up. One was if the front of the watch was called the 'face', to him it was the 'dial'. The other thing, and Kevinski says this a lot, was someone who came with their watch to be repaired and they 'thought they'd overwound it', that really got him :mysmilie_19: I gather that something inside the watch breaks and has to be repaired, not due to overwinding, it's broken.

That's why I always think they know very little about the workings of a watch, cos my husband would never, ever, use just those two examples, that I remember.

My late husband was a watchmaker. I remember two things that always got his back up. One was if the front of the watch was called the 'face', to him it was the 'dial'. The other thing, and Kevinski says this a lot, was someone who came with their watch to be repaired and they 'thought they'd overwound it', that really got him :mysmilie_19: I gather that something inside the watch breaks and has to be repaired, not due to overwinding, it's broken.

That's why I always think they know very little about the workings of a watch, cos my husband would never, ever, use just those two examples, that I remember.

Caroline Garrard knows her stuff though Momma.

When I say stuff, I don’t mean Watches. I was thinking more like where Camilla gets her Tiaras from :mysmilie_59:

2D5A7371-9186-4CC5-81C5-27113BE09D6A.jpg

Latest posts

Back