Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now it's another pair spouting absolute nonsense.

"RCA, been around a long time, 90 years of heritage, if they put their name on something you know it's going to be good because they've a reputation to protect."

Well at one time RCA had a reputation to protect, but the fact that RCA don't exist anymore then it's doesn't really matter what crap is sold under their name now. RCA is nothing more than a Trademark/Brand name that at the moment is owned by Sony and Technicolor, and they sub license the name out to others. These tablets on sale at Ideal World are made in China/Hong Kong by Alco Electronics.

Really where do they get these folk from, do they not do some actual research into the products?

Just turned on TV this morning, of course sky box still on IW channel and low and behold, Thomas Tope is on there spouting a load of utter garbage, he has a severe case of verbal diarrhoea this morning, "CCCP, Russian brand started in 1924, in 1930s built their renowned Slava movement, etc etc."

He's giving the history of Slava Factory in Russia to CCCP when they have absolutely not connection what so ever, apart from the latter using a few old movements that were made by former.

CCCP are not Russian, They were originally started in the 1980s by Poljot International (in Germany) using Slava Movements in their watches. Poljot sold off CCCP (with the remaining stock of old Slava movements as they are not made anymore, since Slava closed down) to the Chinese a few years ago.

And the first thing Peter Simon says about the pick of the day is Thomas would like to thank everyone at the Earnshaw family for this inspiration of time, blah blah. The Earnshaw family? Now there may be some decedents of Earnshaw out there, but they have nothing to do with these watches.:mysmilie_17:

Oh, it's the check the price, must be a mistake patter again.

That’s exactly the same kind of carp he used to spout many years ago on Bid TV.

Apparently he reckons those Christmas Cracker Cufflinks are worth £120 but on a video on the website (link below) Nanty was previously selling them and they were, quote, ‘worth the best part of £90’. However, Nanty is on air right now and they’re worth £120 again!.

So take your pick, they’d have us believe it’s a £90 or £120 value for a pair of Gold Plated, Sandstone, Christmas Cracker Cufflinks. I’d say they’re worth £5 retail, tops, and that’s being incredibly generous.

Total BS’ers, shameless as ever :down:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/thomas-earnshaw-gent-s-automatic-longitude-skeleton-ip-watch-genuine-leather-strap-and-cufflinks-497595

Apparently he reckons those Christmas Cracker Cufflinks are worth £120 but on a video on the website (link below) Nanty was previously selling them and they were, quote, ‘worth the best part of £90’. However, Nanty is on air right now and they’re worth £120 again!.

So take your pick, they’d have us believe it’s a £90 or £120 value for a pair of Gold Plated, Sandstone, Christmas Cracker Cufflinks. I’d say they’re worth £5 retail, tops, and that’s being incredibly generous.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/thomas-earnshaw-gent-s-automatic-longitude-skeleton-ip-watch-genuine-leather-strap-and-cufflinks-497595

Similarly the Pope kept saying the free Earnshaw credit card holder is worth £60 - here's a similar or better one on Amazon . £5.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAKSTCK/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Similarly the Pope kept saying the free Earnshaw credit card holder is worth £60 - here's a similar or better one on Amazon . £5.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAKSTCK/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

FFS! :mysmilie_13:

Honestly, having barely watched this freak show in months I can honestly say that from what I’ve seen this weekend that they’re worse than ever!

Aside from the genuinely eye watering prices (Those Christmas Cracker Cufflinks are surely not even worth the extortionate £8.99 P&P) but the Goons BS is even more exaggerated than it was before.

Happy Christmas :mysmilie_59:

I have to laugh when they sometimes sell an Earnshaw watch for £150, with a free Earnshaw watch winder worth £300! Who on earth could fall for that one?

You can buy similar winders for around £25 on eBay.

Never saw Bid TV, but have heard a lot about, all negative.

I'm not sure if they are just stupid or they think we're stupid, but they seem to have an awful memory for what they've said on previous shows, the amount of times they come out with different claims, or act like it's the first time (Peter Simon and his "never seen anything like it before" always has me in stitches)they've seen a particular product, when they've actually sold it before, is amazing.

As for the cuff links, Ali-express had a big selection dirt cheap, if the watches come from china then it's more than likely the cuff links, card holder etc comes from there to.

I have to laugh when they sometimes sell an Earnshaw watch for £150, with a free Earnshaw watch winder worth £300! Who on earth could fall for that one?

You can buy similar winders for around £25 on eBay.

I wonder if Caroline Garrard sold any of them at the Royal Jewellers? :mysmilie_59:

Never saw Bid TV, but have heard a lot about, all negative.

I'm not sure if they are just stupid or they think we're stupid, but they seem to have an awful memory for what they've said on previous shows, the amount of times they come out with different claims, or act like it's the first time (Peter Simon and his "never seen anything like it before" always has me in stitches)they've seen a particular product, when they've actually sold it before, is amazing.

As for the cuff links, Ali-express had a big selection dirt cheap, if the watches come from china then it's more than likely the cuff links, card holder etc comes from there to.

Make no mistake Hammy, it’s US that they think are stupid!

Dirty Peter is an even bigger liar than Boris or Trump. When he was shilling that Beldray Rip-off Vac he used his ‘this is genuinely the best deal I’ve ever seen’ line that he says without flinching.

So yeah, it’s definitely us they think are stupid :mysmilie_59:

Oh it's Shaun's turn for "tempted to buy one of these today", really. :mysmilie_17:

That Thomas Tope really is BS of the highest order. Used to think he was ok, but he's now at top of the list for worst watch guest, he's either an outright liar or or he is extremely ignorant of watch brands (which I find doubtful as he's claims to have been in the industry for 50 years).

He's just repeated his statement about the history of CCCP brand, which is nothing but inaccurate rubbish, not one word of it is true.

Make no mistake Hammy, it’s US that they think are stupid!

Dirty Peter is an even bigger liar than Boris or Trump. When he was shilling that Beldray Rip-off Vac he used his ‘this is genuinely the best deal I’ve ever seen’ line that he says without flinching.

So yeah, it’s definitely us they think are stupid :mysmilie_59:

You're probably right, but have to say they don't come across as the most intelligent lot, and that includes the behind the camera squad that we are sometimes given the pleasure of seeing, look like a right bunch idiots.

Now they have just confirmed how big a bunch of idiots they are, Thomas Tope yet again spouting the rubbish about CCCP being started in 1924 etc and in the background, they showing a picture of Alexander Shorokhoff (who started the CCCP brand and who designed most of their range). How stupid can you be to claim the brand started in 1924 and at the same time show a picture of the Man who started the Brand, yet he wasn't born till 1960, absolute idiots. And this lot claim to be watch experts.:mysmilie_19:

But hey everything is ok, IW's loyal band of watch collectors have just emailed in to pass on their praise for the CCCP brand, ah well ignorance is bliss i suppose. :mysmilie_11:

Last edited:
Oh it's Shaun's turn for "tempted to buy one of these today", really. :mysmilie_17:

That Thomas Tope really is BS of the highest order. Used to think he was ok, but he's now at top of the list for worst watch guest, he's either an outright liar or or he is extremely ignorant of watch brands (which I find doubtful as he's claims to have been in the industry for 50 years).

He's just repeated his statement about the history of CCCP brand, which is nothing but inaccurate rubbish, not one word of it is true.

This weekend is the first time i’ve seen Thomas Tope. My first impression is that he’s certainly a BS’er, then again I guess he wouldn’t be on Ideal World if he wasn’t would he? :mysmilie_59:

This weekend is the first time i’ve seen Thomas Tope. My first impression is that he’s certainly a BS’er, then again I guess he wouldn’t be on Ideal World if he wasn’t would he? :mysmilie_59:

He's been on quite a few times of late, when i first saw him he hardly said a word, now he never stops talking rubbish. He used to be a sales director with the Dreyfuss Group.

Speaking of BS'ers, could be another one tomorrow night with the Heritor watches (nobody listed for the show yet) but there's definitely another one on Wednesday night, James Field will be flogging the Swan & Edgar watches, One in particular is an Ali express watch (£20) with Swan & Edgar logo stuck on it and price increased five fold (£130), although Peter Simon's valuation was between £330 - £400. Should be a laugh. :mysmilie_17:

From what I've seen, currently the best watch guests are Martin Cunningham (even if he's sometimes over the top in exaggerating but that's par for the course at Ideal World), and Kevin Reynolds when he finally comes back. 'Kevski' may not be perfect but at least he knows how to sell the products he represents without making outrageous claims, even if Ideal World have already made several attempts to kill him :mysmilie_59:

From what I've seen, currently the best watch guests are Martin Cunningham (even if he's sometimes over the top in exaggerating but that's par for the course at Ideal World), and Kevin Reynolds when he finally comes back. 'Kevski' may not be perfect but at least he knows how to sell the products he represents without making outrageous claims, even if Ideal World have already made several attempts to kill him :mysmilie_59:

Cant agree about Kevin I'm afraid - I have heard him tell viewers that 'in his opinion ' the Mathey Tissot watch he was selling would increase in value after it was purchased .

Dirty Peter reckons that the Earnshaw Holborn is ‘Cartier Inspired’

Tom said it’s called Holborn ‘because Earnshaw used to have offices in Holborn’

Dirty Peter asked Tom ‘isn’t there a Blue Plaque in Holborn for Earnshaw?’

Tom answered ‘Dunno’ :mysmilie_19:

Cant agree about Kevin I'm afraid - I have heard him tell viewers that 'in his opinion ' the Mathey Tissot watch he was selling would increase in value after it was purchased .

In which case consider myself corrected!

I don't really watch that much of Ideal World nowadays (it's often so boring and repetitive) but ALL the presenters end up lying to some extent unless they're new to the game or particularly confident about what they're selling.

In which case consider myself corrected!

I don't really watch that much of Ideal World nowadays (it's often so boring and repetitive) but ALL the presenters end up lying to some extent unless they're new to the game or particularly confident about what they're selling.

I would agree with both of you in part, I think Kevin Reynolds is slightly better than the rest because the technical information he gives regarding the watches, is a lot better/detailed and more accurate than the others, he also doesn't give inaccurate information regarding the brands themselves, not that he could anyway as the likes of Vostok Europe and Mathey-Tissot are pretty well known on the Internet and open about who they are and where they are based, unlike most of the brands on IW. What i do fault him for, as Aqua said, is his over estimation / exaggeration of the value of the watches he sells, which I presume is something he has developed with working with Ideal world for so long. Saying a Mathey-Tissot will increase in price is wrong, I've a few Mathey-Tissot, great watches IMO, but no way are they going to increase in price, and I got mines a lot cheaper than IW prices, I check out the shows, then keep checking ebay, have patients and wait, and eventually they turn up there and you get them from way less than IW was wanting, obviously some folks buy the hype on IW, that they are limited editions, investments etc and then try to auction it off and make a profit on ebay, unfortunately for the seller very few if any bid, so you can end up with bargains. You can also get Mathey-Tissot from Jomashop in the states a lot cheaper than IW.
Very, very few brands/watches will increase in price, and that tends to be in the luxury end, certainly not down in the affordable watch range.

As i say he's not perfect but certainly not as bad as some of the others.

Dirty Peter reckons that the Earnshaw Holborn is ‘Cartier Inspired’

Tom said it’s called Holborn ‘because Earnshaw used to have offices in Holborn’

Dirty Peter asked Tom ‘isn’t there a Blue Plaque in Holborn for Earnshaw?’

Tom answered ‘Dunno’ :mysmilie_19:

They did seem to get mixed up quite a lot today, really looked like a pair of incompetent fools.

You know one of the funniest things I enjoy about Ideal World, apart from laughing at the idiotic presenters/guest experts, is the continuity when changing from presenter to video, the amount of times they get it wrong, and cut off the presenter in mid speech, is mind boggling, and hilarious. :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back