Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh but I have indeed witnessed the food overcooked.

He cooked supposedly succulent Lamb, he may as well have waited until it has progressed to Mutton it was that gnarled and tough :mysmilie_59:

I never seen him microwave De knees. :mysmilie_15:

Which of the IW "chefs" would you pay to cook you a delish meal? Any of them... Chef Joe / Chef Paul / Chef William ?

As for a 5 star hotel. I would tend to agree if it was a grotty little place with aspirations of grandeur (a la Fawlty Towers) that happened to be called Five Star Hotel...:mysmilie_17:

Which of the IW "chefs" would you pay to cook you a delish meal? Any of them... Chef Joe / Chef Paul / Chef William ?

As for a 5 star hotel. I would tend to agree if it was a grotty little place with aspirations of grandeur (a la Fawlty Towers) that happened to be called Five Star Hotel...:mysmilie_17:

You can't really win here i'm afraid.

The only one of the three that is what you might describe as a 'Real' Chef is BIG BRODEL. Now, while that makes him technically superior to Actor/Model Joe and Just William (BB's Morrison's Chicken Burger's lose the other two's) the chances of actually getting something to eat from BB before he's eaten it are, unlike him, slim :mysmilie_59:

The only one of the three that is actually a real Chef is BIG BRODEL. Now, while that makes him technically superior to Actor/Model Joe and Just William (BB's Morrison's Chicken Burger's lose the other two's) the chances of actually getting something to eat from BB before he's eaten it are, unlike him, slim :mysmilie_59:

Love it :mysmilie_15: You are so right - and he's so scary you wouldn't dare try and stop him!

The only one of the three that is what you might describe as a 'Real' Chef is BIG BRODEL. Now, while that makes him technically superior to Actor/Model Joe and Just William (BB's Morrison's Chicken Burger's lose the other two's) the chances of actually getting something to eat from BB before he's eaten it are, unlike him, slim :mysmilie_59:

Big Brodel for sure. He could show me his button mushroom :mysmilie_46::mysmilie_17:

Please remember this.

The shocking Genevieve is selling the iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaner. She said, direct quote:-

"Now, I will admit that we do have this at home and I have to say it does better vacuuming than any other vacuum I have ever used'.

Well, let's see how long that unambiguous declaration stands up to scrutiny :mysmilie_59:

Interestingly they are demonstrating this now, it seems very clever that it moves around the room but they don't have any crap on the floor for it to actually vacuum up?

I can easily picture Chef William at a carvery, standing behind the buffet counter with his blue uniform and chef’s hat, looking ever so purposeful. His role would be to 'expertly' carve slices from the joints of meat and transfer it onto the plates. He might even be called upon to assist the less able patrons with the transfer of vegetables. This would be a nice safe position for Chef William, with diners being spared his more adventurous dishes such as à la microwave charcoal chicken.

I'd certainly feel a whole lot happier with him dishing out out prepared meats rather than hoping I was one of the 'lucky ones' whose food was properly cooked.:mysmilie_46:

I could picture Big Brodel serving a carvery................one for you, three for me.......one for you, three for me.....

I can easily picture Chef William at a carvery, standing behind the buffet counter with his blue uniform and chef’s hat, looking ever so purposeful. His role would be to 'expertly' carve slices from the joints of meat and transfer it onto the plates. He might even be called upon to assist the less able patrons with the transfer of vegetables. This would be a nice safe position for Chef William, with diners being spared his more adventurous dishes such as à la microwave charcoal chicken.

I'd certainly feel a whole lot happier with him dishing out out prepared meats rather than hoping I was one of the 'lucky ones' whose food was properly cooked.:mysmilie_46:

This is only a rumour so I don't know if it's actually true but I heard that a bullish 'Chef' William decided to emulate Delia's legendary Molasses Glazed Whole Norfolk Gammon using his Tower Airwave.

Sadly, being by now a most confident cook, he didn't read the recipe and assumed the Delicious Blackened Crust was merely the result of an extra hour under the Halogen Bulb at 250 degrees.

Of course what resulted was a less than delectable Carbonised Peterborough Lardon that even BIG BRODEL didn't fancy :mysmilie_59:

I could picture Big Brodel serving a carvery................one for you, three for me.......one for you, three for me.....

It would be the very definition of cruelty to place Big Brodel behind so much food that he had to give away. My hunch would be that he would crack up at some point -probably very quickly-and would be compelled to help himself to a slice (or five) of all that lovely meat. The forbidden nature of the food he had just consumed would heighten his pleasure, which would probably entail an even louder squeal of delight (you know, the trademark 'Whoo hoo!' he emits when devouring the 'display' food on Ideal). Paul Brodel and a carvery is an accident waiting to happen...either side of the counter.

Did anyone see they had a different guest on the recent iPad show?

His name was Grant Bradley, a very likeable chap. And he really seemed to know his stuff, his demonstrations were very, very good. He showed features that even as a long standing user of iPad's I genuinely didn't know were available on the device.

I'd honestly go so far as to say that he made Janice Phillips' demo's look more than a bit limited, in fact in comparison she seems a bit of a tech lightweight to Grant, almost a novice.

Maybe Grant has worked for Apple? :mysmilie_59:

Cant seem to quote but re Spear and Jackson

All of their products are generally a safe bet, the spray and leave i used a few years ago and would certainly use again.

Even more surprisingly Qvc are using the very old IW footage for the Handy Multitool

They also have a woman demonstrating it who is making it look a lot harder than it is, to be frank she looks scared by it

Has anyone noticed that as much as Hayley adores Nicole Collection (and say's she's buying items, when she's selling it) she doesn't actually appear to wear any when she isn't selling it?

Not so I've noticed anyway :mysmilie_59:

She's probably giving them to her neighbour :wink:

I honestly cannot recall Hayley selling anything that either she doesn't have already, that she has but from another inferior but always more expensive brand, that she's going to buy, that her Dad has/had, that her Mum has/had, or, as you say, she's going to buy for her Neighbour.

But it's the Kitchen Gadgets that she has that always surprises me (she seems to have them all). She doesn't strike me as a lady that's tied to the Kitchen.

And good for her if she isn't! :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back