Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter is a great guy believe it or not

A family member used to work very closely with him and he is the most humble guy in "celebrity" or whatever he is classed as, no ego met him a few times

Came across well today is a good "get" for any brand has a very loyal fanbase
True story - a few years ago, I was going to the West End theatre with my mum, I think it was Dirty Dancing. As we approached the theatre there was hysteria. I later gathered that Peter Andre's brother (if my memory serves me right) had been spotted going in the theatre. Apparently they knew him from a reality programme. Takes more than that to get me hysterical 😂...

On QVC there Todays Special Value is generally something new.

Go to IW, there POTD for the final Friday before Christmas, is a Polti Forzaspira Cordless Vaccum, trouble is the other week it was being sold as like a bog standard 45 minute show.

Before this, we had Cookshop Oven Special, With Rob LockE and Mark the Chef, Rob was there salivating over what he was cooking

I agree with you 100%, however as touched on by Jazzydrury, it's beause they know that sales technique does work on a lot of people. Even putting aside look-a-like products, the same principle holds true for genuine products e.g. 'oh that's the same Rolex that Daniel Craig was wearing at the Oscars!!!'
I could understand if they were to show a product like a watch and say "This watch is Vostock's tribute to the famous Rolex worn by Daniel Craig at the Oscar's, at a more affordable price for their customers" or " This coat is a reproduction of that famous designer coat that Kate Middleton wore taking the kids to school". Fashion copies fashion and that's a fact of life. But my point was they are pushing the cheap knockoff they're flogging as the actual product that the so called celebrity would wear or buy. They're telling the consumer that Stormzy, Kate and Kanye are sitting watching the same bilge as we are shitting themselves because they can't check out their baskets before the internet goes into meltdown

not really a new thing this though is it?

The whole history of advertising and sales is driven by aspiration, I personally don't have an issue with it.

Whether people admit it works on them or not overwhelmingly it does work

Poundland are not doing to badly!!
I don't think anyone was suggesting Poundland is doing badly ;) their business model is even more effective during these challenging times.

Yes part of a good marketing/sales strategy is to create aspiration in target segments, however whilst I might aspire to own a Porsche, my aspiration isn't driven by the fact some celeb drives one. If that's what drives others (pardon the pun) then fine, we all have different buttons that marketers try to push.

Quite a few people won't even know this (or other) sales techniques are being applied to them, or that they've succumbed i.e. subtle/subliminal marketing.

Regarding the Cookshop hour we often discuss the state of the food they cook this show took the biscuit.

Mark made what he called a Christmas Day Left over pie.

It had Turkey, Bubble and Squeak, Pigs in Blankets and cranberry, sounds gross anyway, but the insides didn’t cooked.

Rob was there saying If only I could take this, it has all my favourite foods.

I could understand if they were to show a product like a watch and say "This watch is Vostock's tribute to the famous Rolex worn by Daniel Craig at the Oscar's, at a more affordable price for their customers" or " This coat is a reproduction of that famous designer coat that Kate Middleton wore taking the kids to school". Fashion copies fashion and that's a fact of life. But my point was they are pushing the cheap knockoff they're flogging as the actual product that the so called celebrity would wear or buy. They're telling the consumer that Stormzy, Kate and Kanye are sitting watching the same bilge as we are shitting themselves because they can't check out their baskets before the internet goes into meltdown
I bet Kate watches IW after she's taken the kids to school...

Regarding the Cookshop hour we often discuss the state of the food they cook this show took the biscuit.

It had Turkey, Bubble and Squeak, Pigs in Blankets and cranberry, sounds gross anyway, but the insides didn’t cooked.

Said it before but Mark Stewart (bless him seems a nice guy and liked him as a presenter on bid) is a shocking chef/home cook

Makes Jack look like Michel Roux, at least he hasn't had a TJC moment yet where he couldn't plug the thing and cut himself all within 20 minutes

Elizabeth Grant Blockbuster show, with Mrs Botox and Dan Bancroft.

Where as the other presenters make it sound something inspiration, When she said I use this and that, Dan Is like Okay, and not excitied

I think almost anything would be Rob's 'favourite foods' ...

I saw the end of that show where Rob was drooling and mentally trying to work out if it would keep until Christmas day, hoping to snaffle it and take it home. He literally could not get through the end of the show quick enough so he could get dibs on the dried out pie. Have some self respect Mr Lockwithane, use some of the money you got from your recent work as an extra and buy a cheap turkey crown from Aldi!

I saw the end of that show where Rob was drooling and mentally trying to work out if it would keep until Christmas day, hoping to snaffle it and take it home. He literally could not get through the end of the show quick enough so he could get dibs on the dried out pie. Have some self respect Mr Lockwithane, use some of the money you got from your recent work as an extra and buy a cheap turkey crown from Aldi!
The sad thing was, you could see his brain whirling what to do

Oh Alan and his Renault waterless wax with the Hydrolex, remember Alan you don't use this though or so you told us a week ago, when you told us you and Ellie uses Williams waterless wax around your house and on your car. ;)

Oh and as for the price, and the fake shock (and rubbish about it being a special price) at £24.99 for 7.5 litres, IW have sold the Renault a couple of times at £20 for 10 litres, which is cheaper than this amazing special price.;)
Or if folks want it they could buy it direct from Assured products on Amazon 10 litres at £27.99 free p & p instead of 7.5 litres for £24.99 + £3.99 p & p on IW.

Shaun during that Renault show - "but most importantly, we are bringing you the best deal, i've personally ever seen by far, on a Renault F1 waterless wash and wax."

Which is a lie, an out and out lie, they've done 10 litres (2 x 5 litres) for £20 with free p & p a couple of times in the past.

Oh and Shaun is buying today as well, probably be buying for "me mam" too. ;):D

And Alan uses it all over the house, whilst a week ago, he was telling us he uses the Williams all over the house. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shaun - "You've presented this show many times, the deal today, it is outstanding, 7.5 litres for £24.99."

Alan - "absolutely 7.5 litres of it, remember 1 litre was £16.99 when we launched it, i think it might have been £14.99 on a special or something like that at best, but to have this now at 7.5 litres for £25 is a great deal."

Actually no it wasn't, and you weren't doing the waterless wax shows anyway when it launched so i don't know how you would remember. lloyd Ashford-Thom was doing the shows when it launched, and it was on a bank holiday, that's why it was a bank holiday price of £20 for 10 litres.

Latest posts

Back