Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That watch, supposedly, was ‘limited stock’ and Mike Mason said he’d probably miss out on it yet again as it always sells out.

Oh please! Not all that rubbish again!

The Gold & Rose Gold versions are still in stock this morning, so no excuse for him not to get it.

But knowing Mason as we do, then you can bet the next Morphic show he does, he'll come out with the exact same rubbish again, he strung out the Vostok Europe Almaz saga for 3 years, so god knows how long this farce will last. ;)

I'm always in stitches when he starts on about his honesty, integrity, telling it like it is, etc, the boy is a pathological liar.

Bet they won't honour the guarantees especially up to five years down the line. I've seen people struggling with after sales service on their social media before it's deleted ( same with Gamages).
Interesting what the owners will think if they take a £100 watch for a £200 service.🤔
They never mention servicing of mechanical watches just that you never have the expense of battery changes. 🤫

Probably not expecting to be in business that long, probably resurrect another company and brand to escape any liabilities for the old one.

Yeah, excellent point (y), that's another thing that is wrong with their watch shows, as well as the scant technical/size info etc about the watches, they mention nothing about long term care for these £100 mechanical future heirlooms that will be past from generation to generation, at £100 or thereabouts, unless it's a watch with huge sentimental value, then it'll be getting binned, cost of keeping it running smoothly etc would be just too much.

Also Reynolds mentions nothing about costs for servicing some of the more expensive watches, especially the mechanical chronos, he sells.

He seems to be confusing the manufacture of Ducati bikes with the manufacture of these Chinese watches:unsure: A miyota quartz is the most accurate movement in the whole wide world, to -20 secs:ROFLMAO: I think not

Miyota are like every other movement maker, they can make some really good movements, but also make some very cheap basic quartz movements for the lower end of the market, which usually pack up after a few battery changes, and from checking most of the Miyota movements in IW watches, they are from the Poundland end of their range.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that side of it (the exaggerated RRPs) gets SOooo boring. Viewers, stop and think for just a sec. IW is supposedly selling you watch after watch after watch with hundreds slashed off the 'usual selling price' and/or the RRP. Cue still image of the manufacturer website where, surprise surprise, the watches are listed at their full RRP. My goodness, how kind of IW to do themselves out of hundreds extra profit per sale, what they're doing is almost charitable.

Or ...

Could it be they're selling the watches much closer to their true retail value. I'll leave you to decide ;)

If these watches were of the quality that IW claim and the demand was so high, then no way would they be selling them so cheap with such big discounts, just doesn't make any retail/business sense.

And the bit in bold, I would say, some of the watches they are selling are actually being sold above their true value, Swan & Edgar, The Resultco brands etc come to mind.;)

If these watches were of the quality that IW claim and the demand was so high, then no way would they be selling them so cheap with such big discounts, just doesn't make any retail/business sense.

And the bit in bold, I would say, some of the watches they are selling are actually being sold above their true value, Swan & Edgar, The Resultco brands etc come to mind.;)
Yeah, I think this is why selly telly increasingly doesn't appeal to me, even for a few mins watching. It's the same on TJC etc. Almost every ... single ... thing they're selling you is supposedly being sold at a significantly reduced price. I used to quite enjoy having selly telly on in the background and/or for a laugh. Now it just annoys me due to all the underhand sales techniques. I would say QVC is least guilty of these antics, however not completely. And it doesn't appeal to me personally as it's mainly clothes and perfumes etc.

Yeah, I think this is why selly telly increasingly doesn't appeal to me, even for a few mins watching. It's the same on TJC etc. Almost every ... single ... thing they're selling you is supposedly being sold at a significantly reduced price. I used to quite enjoy having selly telly on in the background and/or for a laugh. Now it just annoys me due to all the underhand sales techniques. I would say QVC is least guilty of these antics, however not completely. And it doesn't appeal to me personally as it's mainly clothes and perfumes etc.

Don't watch the selly channels as such, just IW for entertainment, but as you say, it's getting boring. Watch small snippets of QVC to see what like it is these days (used to buy Hummel & other stuff from them in the 90s when they were new for my mum, and Kahuna watches for me, but haven't bought anything since) , find it pretty boring to be honest, a bit like normal shopping on the high street. ;) :ROFLMAO: They don't sell anything i would be buying, but the presenters and whole set up seems way more professional than IW, seem a lot more trustworthy etc. TJC looks like it could have been offshoot of IW, same unprofessional and con artist behaviour.

I would say if IW, QVC or TJC, had shops on the high street, and sales assistants mirrored the behaviour of their presenters, then I would buy from QVC if they sold something i wanted, on the other hand IW & TJC would be establishment that wouldn't be getting any business, if assistants started spouting the rubbish they do onscreen then would be telling exactly what i thought of them and leave the store and never return.

Was just checking IW, checking to see what time the CCCP shows was starting, and low and behold Mason was just finishing a show and he came out with this absolute gem, just about choked on a cup of tea when he said it.

Mason – “please check out your baskets, look I don’t labour how busy we are too much in shows, but I’ve kinda neglected to tell you that, you know how busy we was, forget that we’re in a different realm of busy now, so please get those baskets checked out.”

And the best bit was he said it with a really sincere face. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Crikey Moses, it’s that white haired woman on a £10 retainer on that treadmill again. How many more times? There must be 10000 steps they can employ to remove her. Either that, or crank up that machine she’s droning on on to 100 MPH.

Mason inflicting some of his analogies on us as the treadmills roll. “If you live in Cornwall, Cornwall is only down the road...” Thanks for that Colemanball. “Be good to each other. Kiss the wife, or somebody else’s wife. Wear your mask in the ballroom in Eyes Wide Shut....”

If he's a pro chef I'm the King of Scotland.

He did a 2 year AVCE qualification in Hospitality & Catering at Peterborough College 2000-2002, since then he's had many, many jobs, Home Economist, Food stylist, Chef Presenter etc, all seem to have been involved in the media/entertainment sector, doesn't seem to have actually worked in a restaurant as a chef.

Mason inflicting some of his analogies on us as the treadmills roll. “If you live in Cornwall, Cornwall is only down the road...” Thanks for that Colemanball. “Be good to each other. Kiss the wife, or somebody else’s wife. Wear your mask in the ballroom in Eyes Wide Shut....”

Seems to think of himself as a bit of a comedian, personally think he's the typical unfunny look at me, center of attention prat.

Mason on the CCCP Gorky - "and that fabulous Slava movement."

It's a fabulous NH35a you idiot.

Oh and for any Ideal World employees reading today, i'm mystified why IW presenters and guests keep referring to this watch as having a Slava movement, because this watch and the claim that it contained a Slava movement, which it doesn't as even a blind man can see it's a Seiko NH35a, was part of my complaint to ASA which was UPHELD.

Bordell - " That's right, it's a great nod to Russian watchmaking history."

Sorry, but how is a Chinese made watch with a Japanese movement in it a great nod to Russian watchmaking? ;)

Mr Mason being very helpful tonight, giving long clear shots of that display back showing off the NH35 in all it's glory.

Was just checking IW, checking to see what time the CCCP shows was starting, and low and behold Mason was just finishing a show and he came out with this absolute gem, just about choked on a cup of tea when he said it.

Mason – “please check out your baskets, look I don’t labour how busy we are too much in shows, but I’ve kinda neglected to tell you that, you know how busy we was, forget that we’re in a different realm of busy now, so please get those baskets checked out.”

And the best bit was he said it with a really sincere face. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He's one of the worst, cause he tries to wrap it with faux sincerity e.g. 'I say this not to hurry you, not to pressure you, but simply as a bit of friendly advice ...'

Blah blah blah, yeah whatever.

The other gem they've started coming out with is how they gain nothing by trying to pressure viewers into buying. Mike was on with Shona one night saying 'it makes no difference to us if you buy or not, right Shona? We're freelance, not on commission or anything like that ...'

Maybe true, however I think it's VERY much in a selly telly presenters interest to have high sale volumes on their shows. Jeez, do they think we're zipped up the back?!?

He's one of the worst, cause he tries to wrap it with faux sincerity e.g. 'I say this not to hurry you, not to pressure you, but simply as a bit of friendly advice ...'

Blah blah blah, yeah whatever.

The other gem they've started coming out with is how they gain nothing by trying to pressure viewers into buying. Mike was on with Shona one night saying 'it makes no difference to us if you buy or not, right Shona? We're freelance, not on commission or anything like that ...'

Maybe true, however I think it's VERY much in a selly telly presenters interest to have high sale volumes on their shows. Jeez, do they think we're zipped up the back?!?

He came out with something similar last night, how it didn't matter to him if you buy it or not as he doesn't gain anything. But that's utter rubbish, because it does matter to him and everybody else at IW if people buy or not, cause if they don't buy he along with the rest will be out of a job, and the financial loss that would incur, and while he may see himself as special and a bit of a TV celeb, i'm pretty sure if IW went bust, it would be downhill for him career wise, can't see much onscreen demand for someone with his traits, maybe Eastenders would hire him as an extra for one of the market stalls (is there still stalls in Eastenders? very, very long time since i've seen it.). :ROFLMAO:

He came out with something similar last night, how it didn't matter to him if you buy it or not as he doesn't gain anything. But that's utter rubbish, because it does matter to him and everybody else at IW if people buy or not, cause if they don't buy he along with the rest will be out of a job, and the financial loss that would incur, and while he may see himself as special and a bit of a TV celeb, i'm pretty sure if IW went bust, it would be downhill for him career wise, can't see much onscreen demand for someone with his traits, maybe Eastenders would hire him as an extra for one of the market stalls (is there still stalls in Eastenders? very, very long time since i've seen it.). :ROFLMAO:
Oh no. He's far too hammy and a caricature of an 'up-the-old-apples-and-pears-be-lucky' cockney geezer to be in Eastenders. They'd never cast someone as unidimensional as he is.

God know what he'd do, really. Maybe sell Bass Reflex sheets out of a suitcase in the Queensgate Shopping Centre? I can't see anyone actually employing him - he's got 'HR Nightmare' written all over him.

Oh no. He's far too hammy and a caricature of an 'up-the-old-apples-and-pears-be-lucky' cockney geezer to be in Eastenders. They'd never cast someone as unidimensional as he is.

God know what he'd do, really. Maybe sell Bass Reflex sheets out of a suitcase in the Queensgate Shopping Centre? I can't see anyone actually employing him - he's got 'HR Nightmare' written all over him.
To be fair, Mike M would be just FINE if IW was to fold. All he'd need to do is:

1. Get a cheap flight to Spain or wherever.
2. Pop on a t-shirt.
3. Put 5 x Vostok watches up one arm.
4. Put 5 x Swan & Edgar watches up the other arm.
5. Head out to walk along the prom, beach, wherever.
6. Within minutes, nah seconds, he'd be getting stopped by people saying:

'WOW, very nice watches, where'd you get them? Can I buy one off you?'

7. Mike then sells each watch for 20x the wholesale price he paid.
8. Get cheap flight home (keeping overheads low.)
9. Buy his next batch of watches.
10. Rinse and repeat.

After all, he always mentions how people stop him to ask about the IW watches he wears ;)

Latest posts

Back