Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almost watch time again.

Capture shaun 2.JPG

Still saying Kukuri 😁
Only Kev calls it a hybrid movement, everyone else calls it mecaquartz. Perhaps he thinks it's on trend with the greenies 🙄

notice also when talking about VE, the story now is totally about being in Lithuania, no more of that stupid story he used to give about moving 90% of Vostok staff from Moscow to Lithuania to be nearer the EU market. :ROFLMAO:

Ronzy75 just beat me to it.

LMAO, the Solar Aqua that supposedly sold out last night is back again, seemingly Kev got on the phone today and was able to get some more today for tonight's show.

Almost believeable but for the fact they didn't sell out last night and the 3 colours were still available to buy shortly after the show finished. ;)

I flicked on for a few mins tonight and Shaun was saying something about how they know things are tough for people at present, so they're doing all they can with lower prices and flexis to help viewers out.

Awww, give them a Nobel prize.

Here's an idea viewers ...

If you're finding things a bit tight financially at present, don't buy anything you don't need ... that means 99% of the stuff IW is flogging ;)

Doing viewers a favour? Do all of us a favour and don't treat us like mugs. You're a selly telly channel, your sole reason for existing is to try and get viewers to buy, buy and buy again and to hang with the cost.

Am I the only one scratching my head even after kev's explanation as to who makes the Solar Aqua....all I heard was someone called Chris lol.

I looked into it a bit when they first appeared, easiest bit of info was that they were resurrected by U Boat, where they are made is harder to find, obviously they are made in Switzerland but not by themselves, they are using Peseux movements (which is now part owned by Mathey-Tissot/Alberto Frigerio according to Reynolds), may be made at the same place Mathey-Tissot get their watches made, which i'm pretty sure is Tan SA, Chiasso on the Swiss/Italy border.

Of course could be totally wrong, maybe more info will start appearing once they've been on the market a bit longer.

I flicked on for a few mins tonight and Shaun was saying something about how they know things are tough for people at present, so they're doing all they can with lower prices and flexis to help viewers out.

Awww, give them a Nobel prize.

Here's an idea viewers ...

If you're finding things a bit tight financially at present, don't buy anything you don't need ... that means 99% of the stuff IW is flogging ;)

Doing viewers a favour? Do all of us a favour and don't treat us like mugs. You're a selly telly channel, your sole reason for existing is to try and get viewers to buy, buy and buy again and to hang with the cost.

They keep saying money is tight, but keep encouraging people to buy stuff, even if you don't need it, check out your baskets before you miss out.

One thing that is certain though, things don't appear to be tough for IW presenters, guests and staff, as they seem to be spending freely on a daily basis buying up loads of IW products, sometimes multiples of some products, or so they keep telling us.

One thing about the Solar Aqua watches & the Green strapped Gurkha watch which confused me was,

Why did Kev need to contact Solar Aqua today to get more stock, when his son's company, located at the same address as Kev's watchbase company, has these Solar Aqua watches in stock?

On the Gurkha watch, Kev said only 100 watches were made, 20 kept by the Gurkhas themselves leaving 80 which he bought. Said he received calls and emails from USA and India asking if they could buy the watch but he couldn't sell them as all the stock that exists is loaded in IW's system. Ok Kev, if it's all loaded into IW's system, how come your son is selling them on his web site?

And he sells all the Gurkha watches as well. And if it's your first order you get a 10% discount which would make it cheaper than the price IW are selling at. ;)

They keep saying money is tight, but keep encouraging people to buy stuff, even if you don't need it, check out your baskets before you miss out.

One thing that is certain though, things don't appear to be tough for IW presenters, guests and staff, as they seem to be spending freely on a daily basis buying up loads of IW products, sometimes multiples of some products, or so they keep telling us.
Yeah, oxymoron or whatever it's called.

When Kev said Chris I wondered if he was trying not to say Christian who I think is with Traser the Solar Aqua to me looks very Traser in build and design....its all very smoke and mirrors and a bit crafty....if you are going to pay that sum for a watch you have a right to expect to know the makers name.......on a different point my god Elder Fields on TJC flogging Gumages watches I've never heard anything like it...shocking...the same re-branded designs that his other brand Swan and Edgar sell on IW....no shame these people.

When Kev said Chris I wondered if he was trying not to say Christian who I think is with Traser the Solar Aqua to me looks very Traser in build and design....its all very smoke and mirrors and a bit crafty....if you are going to pay that sum for a watch you have a right to expect to know the makers name.......on a different point my god Elder Fields on TJC flogging Gumages watches I've never heard anything like it...shocking...the same re-branded designs that his other brand Swan and Edgar sell on IW....no shame these people.

Papa Fields really is a piece of work. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if it's the same guy, the Traser guy is Christian Leiggener, don't see any links with him to Solar Aqua.
Agree when brands/retailors are very scant or hiding brand info, brand location etc and don't give any info on manufacturing location, movements details etc, then it raises questions, that goes for any watch let alone one that you're paying nearly £2000 for. At that price i would want to know every ****** detail about the watch and who makes it, brand, location of manufacturer, materials used, exact movement in the watch etc etc.

BTW

This is Christian from Traser that Kev keeps alluding too with VE's American Distributor.

......on a different point my god Elder Fields on TJC flogging Gumages watches I've never heard anything like it...shocking...the same re-branded designs that his other brand Swan and Edgar sell on IW....no shame these people.
Yes, got to love Elder Fields😂 unbelievable the rubbish he spouts. Trouble is, folks must believe him, like his watches never need a service 🤔🤨 Amusing for first 5 minutes but soon becomes tedious, so have to switch over🥴 Bring back James for S&E🤥

wish you hadn't mentioned a Chris now. :ROFLMAO:

Ok so was looking at Solar Aqua's facebook to see if i could see anybody called Chris. There some deep sea diving guy called Christian don't think it's him though.

There was another, but it's Cris not Chris, called Cris Zocchi.

So checked on Kreo International SA (Solar Aqua web site has Solar Aqua-Kreo International SA at the bottom) and Cris or rather Cristiano Zocchi is a director there, he's also a director at another Swiss company, FHP 1923 SA, which just happens to be the folks that now make the Peseux movements which is in the Solar Aqua. Small world. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, got to love Elder Fields😂 unbelievable the rubbish he spouts. Trouble is, folks must believe him, like his watches never need a service 🤔🤨 Amusing for first 5 minutes but soon becomes tedious, so have to switch over🥴 Bring back James for S&E🤥

Baby Fields was a laugh, especially when he was giving history lessons. :ROFLMAO:

wish you hadn't mentioned a Chris now. :ROFLMAO:

Ok so was looking at Solar Aqua's facebook to see if i could see anybody called Chris. There some deep sea diving guy called Christian don't think it's him though.

There was another, but it's Cris not Chris, called Cris Zocchi.

So checked on Kreo International SA (Solar Aqua web site has Solar Aqua-Kreo International SA at the bottom) and Cris or rather Cristiano Zocchi is a director there, he's also a director at another Swiss company, FHP 1923 SA, which just happens to be the folks that now make the Peseux movements which is in the Solar Aqua. Small world. :ROFLMAO:
I did the same delving on company house re:Gurkha watches brand....glad I am not the only one.

Latest posts

Back