Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Having watched a couple of Dean Wilson shifts, he isnt the Dean Wilson that was on Create and Craft

On Create and Craft he was voted as presenter of the year for 8 years, because he had a bubbly nature, was never serious made the viewers and guests laugh, he used to keep us all updated on his son George and Mrs Dean, who is a model at IW, and on his last day, said how he felt honoured going to work daily, to be with his family the crew and the viewers, and that he would never forget Crafting, for a while he kept to it, he would do giveaways on Insta

On IW he is boring and like the rest of them
l

Good Evening, My Name is Den. You may not realise it but I am not 35, as I look, but actually 96 years old. Be warned…I will probably be making frequent and unwanted mentions of my family as part of my presentational techniques this evening to try to establish a viewer connection. But of course, you won’t realise that because I am very subtle. My next technique is to use the old ‘order me one NOW!!!- GALLERY!!! Have I told you I love this £9.99 elasticated floral tent. Tarquinius? Tarquinius - my producer…Can you reserve me one - immediately…We now need some Up Close Personal Time. Er..no thanks, Den. Disembowelment without a general anaesthetic would be preferable.

Hi everyone, got a treat for you. Working from home today and channel hopping while having my lunch. 12 o'clock show is Vintage Cash Cow who will take all your unwanted tat off you and give you 50p for it. I know some of the gents on here have got hundreds of valuable watches so if you want to get rid of any you know what to do🤣. Shaun's presenting and will probably clear his mam's house out! They're suggesting that people prefer to buy second hand goods rather than constantly buying new things as its better for the environment, yeah whatever...

There is no way you can get anywhere near what is possible to achieve by selling items individually. I have sold a number of collectible items via eBay over the years. It is harder work than sending off a box to a company like Vintage Cash Cow; but by targeting buyers looking to keep, rather than just sell on job lots, of course you will make more- even after things like listing and final value fees or seller’s premium at traditional high street auction houses.

On the Under Armour subject, Barra Boy Mike of the Masons says "The only sports gear I av at ome is Under Armour nothing else!" Then he proceeds to spout more crap and go onto the UA trainers and says "Look at ee's.....Right......The last running trainers I looked at buying were £150......Right........!" Eh so were they UA also Mike?

Almost found himself down another rabbit hole!!!

I hopped on to IW last night after a couple of weeks of no selly telly whatsoever. Without a word of a lie, just as I hopped on, Peter S was flogging a watch for £150 or something with the lady watch 'expert' on with him.

Peter says 'we're not comparing them right' (but they've already planted the seed in the viewers mind by saying this) 'but this watch is VERY similar to a certain brand that sells for, well, to be honest it sells for thousands.'

The female expert follows up Peter S's guff with her own guff 'yes, we have people contact us quite often saying they get these watches home and when they see them for real, they look as though they should cost thousands not hundreds.'

Ha Ha HAaaaa, what a load of old sh1t. The watch in question looked like a cheapo piece of gold-plated tat. Needless to say I lasted about 2-3 mins and then turned back to sensible telly.

I think my staying away from selly telly will continue ...

Simon Peters is selling Nautilus watches. He has told us the brand name at least twenty times. Somebody should tell him the company has now changed its name to Nautis - probably as him saying ‘Nautilus’ was driving them mad. Are there no beginnings to his credibility?

He is moving on to Shield watches. One with a green face first - a Green Shield watch (20 books of stamps). It looks similar logo and colour wise to the much missed Shield soap bar which sat proudly on many an avocado bath suite in the 1980s. I am thinking the soap version holds a better value?

So many tacky looking unknown brands with fantasy RRPs. Having had to go down a watch replacement claim after my late father’s Breitling was damaged beyond economical repair, I have been looking at some decent watches - Omega being one make. You know a quality watch when you see one, and the stark difference with the sorts of bargain basement stuff you usually see on IW, but presented in an emperor’s new clothes style. In the end, I settled on a Tudor watch to ‘replace’ his. I had never even heard of Tudor in a watch context before now. But I have learnt since that they are part of Rolex, and their watches pretty highly regarded. I also learnt that you cannot just walk into a shop and buy a new Rolex- you live and learn.

So many tacky looking unknown brands with fantasy RRPs. Having had to go down a watch replacement claim after my late father’s Breitling was damaged beyond economical repair, I have been looking at some decent watches - Omega being one make. You know a quality watch when you see one, and the stark difference with the sorts of bargain basement stuff you usually see on IW, but presented in an emperor’s new clothes style. In the end, I settled on a Tudor watch to ‘replace’ his. I had never even heard of Tudor in a watch context before now. But I have learnt since that they are part of Rolex, and their watches pretty highly regarded. I also learnt that you cannot just walk into a shop and buy a new Rolex- you live and learn.

I'm saving up for a Christopher Ward watch ... check them out. 500-1000.

Currently I am drowning in a sea of blokeiness being lead by the man with the upside down head and sales tactics, plus the chiselled looking fellow in tight shorts with the permanent grin. I have put out an SOS to the RNLI (Really Nauseating Leering Institution) to save me.

The searing sweat-soaked, bonding of manly men machismoism is literally gripping me by the love handles. “Everybody looks great in a hoodie or a training top, fellas,” keep wearing your masks drones…Well, granted, athletic muggers look great in hoodies, but old fat blokes tend to look ridiculous in both. “Do you train alone, Steve?“ says look after your Goddess, and then did I really say it is 809 days to Christmas 2024 - just enough time to lose ten stones to look good in a training top…

Now, the whole IW studio appear to be ordering during the show. Ever been to a shop where when you walk in, the staff, as a sales tactic, loudly say: ‘Don’t let that miserable looking old git buy those elasticated underpants at £9.99 for six - we are going to buy them all!!”?? No, I am sure you haven’t ’, but on IW this shameful pantomime of a tactic to sell seems to be getting more and more frequent.

Simon Peters appears to be selling paint and mattresses in one show. Clearly Dulux (that’s Dulux without the Rex) have taken out a sponsorship product placement on his lower eyelids, which appear to be being prepared to either emulsion the walls of Dubrovnik, or possibly to coincide with the release of his I Won’t Let The Show Go On tribute to Leo Sayer. ‘Insure that mattress…

Lovely to see, Mike, the watch expert who is never shown. Jimmy Hill being mentioned by Simon Peters when he means Graham Hill. Thank God Graham isn’t here to hear himself being referenced in this context. Insure it. Insure it…77 days until Christmas. He can’t even get that right.

I usually enjoy a laugh about the watch shows...but seriously tonight was embarrassing some young lad obviously knows nothing about watches reading a script....you never see him talking about the watch on camera..I know the usual 'horological' experts are anything but.....but goodness me this was shockingly bad.

Latest posts

Back