Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kev - "Look at the back of the watch that's the watch sold, who else puts rose gold pvd plating on the their watch, there's only one company who is it Peter?"

Peter "Vostok Europe"

Kev - "Exactly"

It's exactly bullshit Kev, I have 2 Frederique Constant watches, a Roamer and a Rotary all with Rose Gold PVD plated backs.
It certainly is. I have a Raymond Weil here that is also pvd plated on the back.

Ween Dilson announcing today he has a gold disc. Really? What’s the song title? Were you in a band of note? What year? What position in the charts? He didn’t say. All he said was that Mungo Jerry produced it. By Mungo Jerry he presumably means Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry? All I can find on this is a QVC presenters single from 1998 - Locomotion/Partyland. This sold enough copies to go gold disc?? I can find no evidence of it ever charting. Did it?
Back in the late 90’s, and early 00’s I think all the shopping channels had a phase of offering ‘gold discs’ of things, in frames.
They heavily implied that these were the kind of gold discs presented by the industry for high sales, but actually they were just ornaments. These were discs made solely for the purpose of being framed and sold for money, and generally not made by the record companies.
I asked an auctioneer friend of mine who said she doubted they’d ever have any value over and above that if a nice print for decoration purposes.
Shopping channels don’t really change - well, they don’t get better, do they?

Yesterday Mike of the Masons was on with Alan & Henry the vacuum, And just before the end of the hour MotM does his wee act, left hand upto his ear.....pause.....silence......shocked face.......and then changes from his usual act to saying........gang we have 11 left......and we are supposed to be back later on this evening gang!!! These are flying out the usual yawn yawn when MotM speaks his nose goes all pinocchio.

Fast forward to the later show and Henry is back and no limited stock logo, and no sell out by the end of the hour! :unsure:

The thing is, from what I picked up on what he was saying, he clearly implied that he’d been in some sort of band go that had picked up a gold disc. That’s why I thought perhaps he’d been in a pop group at some point decades ago. When it became clear that what he was actually talking about was a not for sale record that never got into the charts at all, you wonder at his credibility for explaining matters in that way. And that, of course, calls into the credibility about anything any shopping television presenter says in their work at all - personal or professional. That’s the disappointment of it.

Yesterday Mike of the Masons was on with Alan & Henry the vacuum, And just before the end of the hour MotM does his wee act, left hand upto his ear.....pause.....silence......shocked face.......and then changes from his usual act to saying........gang we have 11 left......and we are supposed to be back later on this evening gang!!! These are flying out the usual yawn yawn when MotM speaks his nose goes all pinocchio.

Fast forward to the later show and Henry is back and no limited stock logo, and no sell out by the end of the hour! :unsure:
I’ve not been on here for a while , but I do follow with great interest. I think that IW unfairly take a lot of stick for exaggerating the lack of stock that they have. A lot of unfair criticism. I actually know someone who puts multiple items in their basket with no intention of buying the tat. Disgraceful. Who is it ? Me ? Surely not ? Never 😳

It certainly is. I have a Raymond Weil here that is also pvd plated on the back.
The VE watch show last night was a total disgrace. Lies , lies and more lies as outlined above. Kevin Reynolds , how could you sit there listening to the crap coming out of Mr. Malaprop’s mouth ? You even made one or two contributions yourself. No wonder you looked at times really uncomfortable. Or was the discomfort due to Malaprop spitting over watches and maybe even yourself ? Or maybe the claim of “ over thirty five years working together” did it for you. Thirty five years my arse ! However Malaprop’s explanation of PVD plating was pure , unintentional comedy. “Physical visible disposition” ! You couldn’t make it up.

How can you tell when a shopping telly presenter is lying? When their lips are moving... (apologies to any honest ones🤭)

Half the lies they tell aren't the truth 🤣 why do swan and Edgar have to attribute some name from history to their "watches" when they have absolutely nothing to do with them? Really, a bloke who invented hyperdermic needles and a Chinese watch 🤔😁
Funnily enough, I was browsing FB market place, and someone was advertising a Thomas Earnshaw as a high end timepiece🤣. He obviously doesn't watch Ideal world 😎

The VE watch show last night was a total disgrace. Lies , lies and more lies as outlined above. Kevin Reynolds , how could you sit there listening to the crap coming out of Mr. Malaprop’s mouth ? You even made one or two contributions yourself. No wonder you looked at times really uncomfortable. Or was the discomfort due to Malaprop spitting over watches and maybe even yourself ? Or maybe the claim of “ over thirty five years working together” did it for you. Thirty five years my arse ! However Malaprop’s explanation of PVD plating was pure , unintentional comedy. “Physical visible disposition” ! You couldn’t make it up.
Love the literary reference 'Malaprop', very appropriate!

Next week IW world will be having a few shows with r'Sall selling used halloween props personally signed by any old IW presenter!....I seriously wouldnt put it past IW to go along the lines of "Cold this winter?" "worried about the incoming energy bills?" fear not why not buy a blood stained sweat scented used dracula cloak to keep you warm this winter for just £29.99.......plus free postage!

Peter S.....just have a buy, I tell it like it is me......

Peter certainly makes it up.
Is it just me, or is he getting worse?

Just noticed the tourbillion watch is available on Ali express, made by Aesop for £215 🤔 £215.38 69%OFF | AESOP Flying Tourbillon Skeleton Watch for Men Mechanical Wristwatches Male Tourbillon Clocks Skeleton Sapphire Waterproof Watch

Similar 😎

Attachments

• 1618360913524.png
    1618360913524.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 38
Peter certainly makes it up.
Is it just me, or is he getting worse?
I feel he’s well past his sell by date. I used to think a few years ago he was quite amusing , but now he’s just a constant source of untruths , mis information , and exaggeration. His mispronunciation of words is now just annoying. TrasAR , melanaysay are the regular ones that come to mind. It does my head in. He should be put out to grass for sure. Arrrgh !

Latest posts

Back