Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think if you can buy some of the stuff they sell
at these overtly and ridiculously cheap prices and use PayPal, say. And if you can negotiate credit card chargebacks protocols relatively comfortably, then go for it. For example, they had a Reebok treadmill on recently that was at an absolutely fantastic price. Also, some of the men’s gear (U.S. Polo Association) they have had on recently was priced extremely keenly, and I took a PayPal chance and bought some, which luckily I did receive. Also, that rattan set they relentlessly hawk is also a great deal on the face of it. But £599 is a much bigger risk to stump up if it doesn’t get sent. Looking at some of the reviews of that particular product, most if not all of the one star ones were to do with people not receiving the item rather than the berating the quality of it.

Yep, I am also tempted by that Rattan set if my finances improve as expected shortly (being saying that for a while :)

I can't find anything of comparable look / my perceived quality for that price anywhere

Yep, I am also tempted by that Rattan set if my finances improve as expected shortly (being saying that for a while :)

I can't find anything of comparable look / my perceived quality for that price anywhere
its longevity is my only concern, being 6'2 and no racing snake, the support crossbars that go across the base cushion area are only go one way, no downward supports on a diagonal due to the storage feature.

The faux rattan from b&q we bought at £300 last year has proved to be dross so this is a step up im sure.

Brilliant from Michelle Heaton just now 'check out now, people two weeks ago didn't and now they've got a better bargain' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A passive saving says the man who converses with himself.. This ‘passive saving’ is apparently linked to air frying, which presumably means you offer no resistance to the savings process. Still, you need to physically move and spend £74.98 on this air fryer to achieve the enhanced state of the passive savings. £74.98 down to begin the passive state of savings sounds like an active loss for this overdrawn evening to me.

Household names watches to follow…Domestos? My name is Den…

My Name Is Den flogging Linea rattan, with emphasis on the Rat.. Linea is a brand of The House of Fraser she gushes. Telling us what quality it is as a result. Is this the same H o F that went into administration in 2018 and got resurrected as a name due to Sports Direct? She didn’t add on that bit. Introduces the out of work actress as IW’s rattan expert. How Peter Van Backaxell feels about that, I dread to think. The King is Dead..etc..

The Rattan was on ITV overnight as well :) They have a LOT left, you could hear at one point albeit faintly a producer or similar saying to the presenter (the welsh lady not sure of name) "these are not shifting" cue her moving into a fan

Oh no it's YATW (Yet Another Tourbillon Watch) time with a Nubeo (don't laugh) Ltd Edition (until the next time) Manta. Ideal World Price £1499.99 (yes, really. We need to escape the clutches of bankruptcy somehow).

*picks jaw off the floor*

Imagine the conversation:

"Jonathan, Ideal World is in deep doo-doo and we need something vastly overpriced from Nubeo to fleece our customers"

"Another tourbillon?"

"Of course"

And according to the stock updates people are ACTUALLY BUYING THEM. Perhaps IW isn't actually doomed as we had thought? Plus I don't think a certain watch from RGMT (Ridiculously Gross Manky Timepieces) will be featured tonight. You know the one (or two).

Seems bordell likes to make racing driver connections to the cadola chrono, dropping driver's names, but it seems like he's never heard of Denny Hulme? Believe he was an aussie driver from the sixties 😎

Close, from New Zealand 👍 yes no mention of who the chrono is actually named after, despite loving to name drop. 🤔😀😂
Seems bordell likes to make racing driver connections to the cadola chrono, dropping driver's names, but it seems like he's never heard of Denny Hulme? Believe he was an aussie driver from the sixties 😎

An interesting titbit I just caught on Tjc Beauty

This may be absolutely nothing or it could be something :)

Jo said to Peter "shortly we will be having an influx of new presenters/experts won't we?" it all went a bit quiet and Peter nodded

With the shopping tv world being pretty condensed with the same faces wonder if any of the Ideal lot will have had enough and taken a chance

If indeed I have got the right end of the stick here

Ideal's woes must be an open secret within the industry and I'm guessing other shopping TV channels must have received a fair few CVs from Ideal World employees by now. I think TJC might take a punt on Peter Simon but certainly not QVC of course.

You never know but it generally seems a happy enough place to work certainly a very different way of working than Ideal

The location is probably the main issue I am not sure who TJC would want but I am sure a few could move if they wanted to

Are there any beginnings to his knowledge on anything, THERE??

Wonder if any would end up at Create and Craft they seem to be based only around 14 Miles from IWs studios. So they wouldnt even need to relocate, and a fair few of them have indeed done the odd shift, when both were based at Ideal World House

Plus I'm wondering whether certain presenters at IW are currently on their best behaviour as talent scouts could be watching them and/or presenters wanting good clips to use in a showreel for other broadcasters; case in point being Shaun Crawley who was surprisingly informative when recently selling eLife bikes therefore it was perfectly possible he was playing it safe to make a good impression for other broadcasters.

Latest posts

Back