Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike is on with a young lady who seems inexperienced (is she?) , shes's gushing and lacks Mike's technique,
When she mentioned flexi-pay or whatever they call it this week . she said 'buy now , pay later' with the emphasis on 'pay later' which is wrong Mike seemed to look at her pityingly.
Peter Simon would have said 'buy now' and swallowed the words 'pay later' so that they disappeared.

I thought the girl with Mason was actually rather good. More in her honest manner than her technical expertise as a presenter. She actually spoke to the viewer and spoke to them in a way that was far more genuine than many others do. She’s new to the work and I’ve seen many a lot more experienced do a lot worse. Mason was a lot calmer and restrained tonight. New employer with different requirements and standards of presentation? Who knows?

I thought the girl with Mason was actually rather good. More in her honest manner than her technical expertise as a presenter. She actually spoke to the viewer and spoke to them in a way that was far more genuine than many others do. She’s new to the work and I’ve seen many a lot more experienced do a lot worse. Mason was a lot calmer and restrained tonight. New employer with different requirements and standards of presentation? Who knows?

She could be good with a bit more experience. I felt for her a bit because Mason was doing his "she fancies me, but I'm married luv calm down" routine which is a bit …1980s.

Did like that she addressed the fact she had said the bag wasn't leather when correcting herself. Most presenters say the wrong thing for 10 minutes, finally get corrected in their ear, then carry on spewing the corrected information without mentioning they'd previously gotten it wrong - which is a bit… meh. She did a proper, sincere "oops, my bad - sorry". The producers will drum that honesty out of her I'm sure…

I thought she was good and Mike Mason was restrained, but as you’ve told me many of times Duke they are actors, It’s now Emma Boydell

Hamilton Beach is quite an old brand who have marketed small electrical kitchen appliances for years but are more known in America where they originate.

Hamilton Beach is quite an old brand who have marketed small electrical kitchen appliances for years but are more known in America where they originate.
Thanks. It's the Beach part making me think of sand, beaches, coastline. Which doesn't fit with indoor kitchens.

Whereas it's the 2 founding partners' surnames.

In 1904, L.H. Hamilton and Chester Beach both worked for U.S. Standard Electrical Works in Racine, Wisconsin. The business manufactured electrical devices and began to develop a line of motor operated products for household use. At the time, electric motors were only used in commercial applications. Chester Beach developed an innovative lightweight universal motor used for appliances in the home. The Hamilton Beach Manufacturing Company was founded in 1910 and began to produce universal motor-driven appliances, including the now iconic Drink Mixer. Hamilton Beach’s product line expanded to include food mixers, juice extractors, fans, floor polishers, meat grinders, and even jewelers’ motors.

Latest posts

Back