Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Emu Oil would work better with Rod Hull and Emu. Ideally with the wretched bird securing its beak around Peters’s nose and wrestling him to the floor, a la Parkinson. Sadly, Rod died some years back trying to tune out of QVC in a fatal accident from his roof.
I'd pay good money to see that! I'd forgotten how he died, that was sad.

I'm always checking out the TKMaxx web site, while it's full of mostly affordable/fashion watches very occassionally they throw in the odd good Swiss Brnaded watches, ie Tissot, Traser , Hamilton, Eterna and Rado. I got a Hamilton & an Eterna watch from them with big savings, £890 off the Hamilton and £990 off the Eterna. But as i say it's just very occassionally and they don't last long so you have to check on a regular basis so as not to miss out.

Seiko watches are good, i've 20 off them, really must get over this addiction to watches. :eek::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 27402View attachment 27403View attachment 27404View attachment 27405View attachment 27406
We were just checking out the Rolex because her brother was given one and she was wondering how much they cost. Yeah I like watches but not clued in on what's the best to get. The different TX Maxx stores have different availability too

I'm always checking out the TKMaxx web site, while it's full of mostly affordable/fashion watches very occassionally they throw in the odd good Swiss Brnaded watches, ie Tissot, Traser , Hamilton, Eterna and Rado. I got a Hamilton & an Eterna watch from them with big savings, £890 off the Hamilton and £990 off the Eterna. But as i say it's just very occassionally and they don't last long so you have to check on a regular basis so as not to miss out.

Seiko watches are good, i've 20 off them, really must get over this addiction to watches. :eek::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 27402View attachment 27403View attachment 27404View attachment 27405View attachment 27406
Do they colour coordinate with the walking canes 🤣

Do they colour coordinate with the walking canes 🤣

Of course and not just the canes, also coordintes with my sherpa fleece hoodie and hand hot water bottle. Everybody stops me on my walks to ask where i got all my phenomenal colour co-ordinated gear from, i feel like a celeb on my walks these days and it's all thanks to those wonderful people at Ideal world and their amazing products. Can't wait till everybody see the extra spring in my step due to the painkilling effects of the Emu Oil. ;):ROFLMAO:

Of course and not just the canes, also coordintes with my sherpa fleece hoodie and hand hot water bottle. Everybody stops me on my walks to ask where i got all my phenomenal colour co-ordinated gear from, i feel like a celeb on my walks these days and it's all thanks to those wonderful people at Ideal world and their amazing products. Can't wait till everybody see the extra spring in my step due to the painkilling effects of the Emu Oil. ;):ROFLMAO:
Brilliant 🤣🤣

More of a tool watch chap myself, so loving the Seiko divers you have there. I only have the one, a vintage 6309 "Turtle".
Sold my original 6105 many years ago, and look what they are worth now🤔😲🤬😢
As a range, you can't beat the Seko divers, great looking quality watches with the various reissues you can buy now.

Last edited:
Gen: Right, Hoolioen, what have youse got fa me today?
Juliooon: Well, I know you won’t like it, but we‘ve found another box of them canes round the back..
Gen…Jeez, Mother of God…I come in fresh from a terrible night at the Travelodge in Penge and I get that again….What do you want me say AGAIN…Peter’s accident?? Using one as a large drum stick, poking cobwebs off the wall? F…Off, I’m not doin’ it…

Gen: Right, Hoolioen, what have youse got fa me today?
Juliooon: Well, I know you won’t like it, but we‘ve found another box of them canes round the back..
Gen…Jeez, Mother of God…I come in fresh from a terrible night at the Travelodge in Penge and I get that again….What do you want me say AGAIN…Peter’s accident?? Using one as a large drum stick, poking cobwebs off the wall? F…Off, I’m not doin’ it…
True story, my boss was at a conference in Birmingham a few months ago. The hotel she was in was grim. Normally the chain ones are standard Premier Inn type decor. She sent photos on our WhatsApp group, including a photo of a huge spider on the ceiling😳. She reported it and had to wait 20 mins for someone to come up with steps, a broom and a wad of kitchen towels😂.

Hopefully the Travelodge in Penge (if one exists!) is spider free at least🤣🤣🤣

Emma showing her extensive expertise in horology once again.

Flogging the Aviator world time watch she advises us on the World Time feature - "that's a really cool feature, it adds so much complication into the movement itself to put that in, so you've got something really high end here."

What a load of twaddle, it's a manual internal bezzle feature which has no connection with, nor adds any complication into the manufacture of the movement. The exact same movement would be used in the watch whether it has an world time bezzle or not. It's an internal world time bezzle it's not a GMT movement.

She later said that the company/brand behind/makes the Aviator watch had their headquarters in an airport, couldn't remember where, but the gallery are going to check and get back to us. Gallery didn't come back, wasn't mentioned again as it's a load of bullshit.

Aviator Watch S.A. in Switzerland (The watches Kev Reynolds flogs) is located in an airport, Aviator Watch S.A. in Switzerland are not the company/brand behind or make the Aviator watches which feature on IW/TJC.

Volmax in Russia own the Aviator Trademark, they set up a subsiduary, Aviator Watch S.A. (in Switzerland) to make decent quality Swiss Made watches, they also have an agreement with Scorpio Distributors Ltd to produce and sell under license, Aviator non Swiss made watches, like the "F" Series ones on IW/TJC, most likely made in China and have nothing to do with airport headquartered Aviator Watch S.A.

If I forget to post later Have a good New Year Everybody

I’m always entertained on this forum, even though If you lot werent around, I’d think the way watches were sold on IW, was first class, as I know sod all

Looking forward to 2024 in here, At least it can be a year, when we aren’t talking about will the channel go bust, and I generally can’t wait to see what this new studio looks like

Latest posts

Back