Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mason - "folks have been buying them before we've shown them" :unsure:

How can folks be buying if they ain't on the web site and they haven't been seen on screen or shown code number and price?

Maybe they are those customers who text in to Mike to find out when stuff is next being sold and the IW team send out mass texts with description, price and item codes on....

Or they are ringing the call centre and asking to be sent the PoS item that's just appeared in screen in case they "Miss Out".

Mason's story - 3 years he had to wait for that Almaz, finally got it, just in time as you can't get it any more.

Yeah Mike we've heard that story and lived through the lie many, many times, oh and by the way the watch is still available just phone your buddy Reynolds he'll get you another one if you want. :rolleyes:

Maybe they are those customers who text in to Mike to find out when stuff is next being sold and the IW team send out mass texts with description, price and item codes on....

Or they are ringing the call centre and asking to be sent the PoS item that's just appeared in screen in case they "Miss Out".
Or is he just fibbing?

Well, last night I spent a couple of hours watching The Fast Show reunion tour in Nottingham. They never did a skit on shopping telly back then as I recall. Maybe just a few years too early for them to have picked up on the very early days of it.

My theory on well-known comedy performers is ‘funny’ generally goes with younger. Mortality isn’t usually that hilarious. So when younger gets older, it isn’t so funny any longer. And that was very how it was last night. Caroline Aherne obviously couldn’t show up, and for some reason John Thompson couldn’t be there either. Watching a 65 year old Paul Whitehouse reprise ‘Suits You, Sir’ just wasn’t funny any longer. Some of it raised a chuckle, but what you did realise watching all those ‘90s comedy characters and themes, is how much comedy has changed in the 30 years since that show first aired, and how most of it presented today as new to a commissioning editor, wouldn’t even make it to air for fear of numerous causing offence issues to some minority or other. Any edge or daring comedy once had then, long gone in todays PC-ridden world, outside of the Ideal one, of course.. You can still be thirty years out of date and longer and get away with it on there, Peter.

Well, last night I spent a couple of hours watching The Fast Show reunion tour in Nottingham. They never did a skit on shopping telly back then as I recall. Maybe just a few years too early for them to have picked up on the very early days of it.

My theory on well-known comedy performers is ‘funny’ generally goes with younger. Mortality isn’t usually that hilarious. So when younger gets older, it isn’t so funny any longer. And that was very how it was last night. Caroline Aherne obviously couldn’t show up, and for some reason John Thompson couldn’t be there either. Watching a 65 year old Paul Whitehouse reprise ‘Suits You, Sir’ just wasn’t funny any longer. Some of it raised a chuckle, but what you did realise watching all those ‘90s comedy characters and themes, is how much comedy has changed in the 30 years since that show first aired, and how most of it presented today as new to a commissioning editor, wouldn’t even make it to air for fear of numerous causing offence issues to some minority or other. Any edge or daring comedy once had then, long gone in todays PC-ridden world, outside of the Ideal one, of course.. You can still be thirty years out of date and longer and get away with it on there, Peter.
Agreed that comedy is of its time and much old material is hit and miss but it's still a darn sight funnier than the woke rubbish modern performers serve up.

The endless panel shows are smug, patronising and woke. Not in the least bit humorous.

You look at the trailers and think "if those are the funniest bits I won't bother watching."

In fact, the incompetence and dithering of Peter S is more entertaining.

Latest posts

Back