Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Volauventilation selling an overpriced cooler said same cooler is cheaper on the benross website and he seems to be getting quite aggressive.
I had a similar product and it never really cooled anything like their claims.

Even cheaper on Amazon Marketplace, £109.99. Quite a few of the reviews are similar to your experience.

Oh, Muriel. With your bad bag and your cheap shoes… Hannibal Simon’s creation..You don’t really buy anything at all, do you? Another figment of Walter’s vivid imagination.
"Muriel" is probably Pervy Pete's alter ego. When he's off shift he likes to slip into a pair of bengalines, a pair of Cushion Walk diamante encrusted sandals, and a one size fits a herd of wildebeest tent top and send salacious messages to various selly telly channels while sipping a milk stout from a champagne flute. Or he scrolls through this website, seething that nobody recognises his innate star quality.

The key to how great what they are selling is the presenters themselves. They certainly don’t appear to wear the cheaper watches they sell that they say they all love so much? Frequent examples of presenters and regular guest ‘experts’ seen on watches and general shows wearing £2000 plus, top name brands, on their wrists over the various versions of the channel. Does Jacks wear the cheap clothes and scents she raves about? Very better brands focused in her numerous and tedious on-screen anecdotes. Often saying how much she has spent on expensive hotels, clothes, handbags etc…Sings the praises of the (big) bottom end stuff she peddles, but does she wear the stuff off-duty? I seriously doubt it…Fan heaters to heat flats and bedsits with the heating turned off elsewhere? Well, from the public domain creditor lists of Ideal World Two (or was it one), most, if not all of the presenter creditors, show addresses featuring expensive, larger properties..Can you imagine the likes of Jacks, Mason, Simon etc..’warming’ their houses with a ceramic radiator, a fan heater, or doing their washing in a plastic table top machine, then cooking Sunday lunch in a £50 air fryer, whilst parading around their kitchens in a 30 quid tent like frock, with a Chinese made watch on their wrist?? They are selling ‘The Dream’ relevant to the hard-up, older age demographic the channel’s sales pitches require of them in general terms. And essentially living a completely different reality themselves.

Last edited:
Sally is the worst, as we know what her lifestyle is, Money isn’t a issue, will purchase clothes, sunglasses on a whim, Goes on Holidays, and she films it all and puts it on YouTube.

Her house looks normal from the outside, but it’s a bit like the Tardis, once inside it has plenty of room for party events, for her son,

Any news on the 115 FFP charges & you did believe it was Saudi money but was wrong but tried to make a joke of it by saying you got us going though this will be my last comment on the subject
Well I do apologise anyway; I like this forum and the people here and regret my comment.

Now I know what it's like to be Peter Simon getting facts wrong but at least I have a conscience.

The price is a mistake
I happened to switch on last night right at the time Dirty Peter was selling the elbow support or whatever it was and hear him claim the price was "a mistake". Apparently it should have been £14.99, but someone missed the '1' off and it is being sold for £4.99. Jeez, he has been pulling this routine for over twenty years, way back to his Bid TV days. That, or shopping telly must employ the most incompetent people ever with how many "pricing mistakes" are made. Anyway, we'll never see them at this price again. Like most of what comes out of his mouth, I don't believe that somehow,

I happened to switch on last night right at the time Dirty Peter was selling the elbow support or whatever it was and hear him claim the price was "a mistake". Apparently it should have been £14.99, but someone missed the '1' off and it is being sold for £4.99. Jeez, he has been pulling this routine for over twenty years, way back to his Bid TV days. That, or shopping telly must employ the most incompetent people ever with how many "pricing mistakes" are made. Anyway, we'll never see them at this price again. Like most of what comes out of his mouth, I don't believe that somehow,
That was the item I meant

The key to how great what they are selling is the presenters themselves. They certainly don’t appear to wear the cheaper watches they sell that they say they all love so much? Frequent examples of presenters and regular guest ‘experts’ seen on watches and general shows wearing £2000 plus, top name brands, on their wrists over the various versions of the channel. Does Jacks wear the cheap clothes and scents she raves about? Very better brands focused in her numerous and tedious on-screen anecdotes. Often saying how much she has spent on expensive hotels, clothes, handbags etc…Sings the praises of the (big) bottom end stuff she peddles, but does she wear the stuff off-duty? I seriously doubt it…Fan heaters to heat flats and bedsits with the heating turned off elsewhere? Well, from the public domain creditor lists of Ideal World Two (or was it one), most, if not all of the presenter creditors, show addresses featuring expensive, larger properties..Can you imagine the likes of Jacks, Mason, Simon etc..’warming’ their houses with a ceramic radiator, a fan heater, or doing their washing in a plastic table top machine, then cooking Sunday lunch in a £50 air fryer, whilst parading around their kitchens in a 30 quid tent like frock, with a Chinese made watch on their wrist?? They are selling ‘The Dream’ relevant to the hard-up, older age demographic the channel’s sales pitches require of them in general terms. And essentially living a completely different reality themselves.
This is sort of linked to a point I'm going to make. Hopped on the YT feed last night and the presenter was flogging William Hunt scent. She said something like this ...

If you want to be different, if you don't want to be wearing the scents produced by the massive brands that cost a lot more, promoted by celebrities, this would be ideal for you. Buy this and in the small town or village you live in, you will probably be the only one wearing it. It could become your signature scent.

Some of that statement is of course perfectly valid. However it omits something. Rightly or wrongly, many people want the scents released by the big brands and often promoted by a celeb perhaps with their name on it. Even more so when you're buying someone a gift you want to make sure it's something the recipient wants.

Some of the products the likes of IW sell will no doubt be perfectly good, however most are unknown brands (to the masses.) Rightly or wrongly, brand means something to many.

When you go into Boots, say, and pick up a bottle of aftershave or perfume, you then buy it because it is a known and used regular brand to you, or perhaps because it is known to you, but semi-aspirational, and you want to treat yourself or somebody else. You don’t want or expect their staff to approach you, hysterically and sycophantically telling you the geezers in the pub will come up to you and ask you what you are wearing, or the ladies will be all over you. You pick it up, you pay, and you leave, satisfied. Shopping television is clearly incapable of just providing the facts. It has to embellish, exaggerate and fantasise about the goods. That is why it is such an unpalatable sales medium to me.

Latest posts

Back