Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Obviously Pedro isn't one of your favourites today. :ROFLMAO:
I just find it annoying when he is always saying we could ill afford to buy this, that and the other. How does he know what our finances are. Just because we watch them selling endless heaps of cheapo crap, doesn't mean we are all skint.

I just find it annoying when he is always saying we could ill afford to buy this, that and the other. How does he know what our finances are. Just because we watch them selling endless heaps of cheapo crap, doesn't mean we are all skint.

I always laugh at that too but it's how he says we as though he's skint as well, but he can't be skint as he's bought and continues buying heaps of stuff or so he says. :ROFLMAO:

Would agree with the first bolded part, a lot of snobbery, bias and ignorance. back a few years ago (when a lot of the info in these posts originated), any mention China with a watch (ownership, watch parts, made in China etc) and the usual response on forums was crap, ****, don't touch with a barge pole, but now it's the reverse and Swiss Made is a rip off, crap, **** etc and San Martin, Addiesdive et al with their NH35s are the bees knees, greatest things since sliced bread, most of this has been led by the hundreds of reviewers on youtube etc, with their free samples from the brands to give unbiased reviews. On Dreyfuss have a few, all have SW200-1 in them, also have a few Rotary watches with a variety of movements, ETA2824, ETA2836-2, SW200-1 all made when they were part of the Chinese Haidian group which name change to the City Champ group.

Yeah i have the Blue Visodate, i got mine 5 years ago, when it was half the price it is now. :eek:

I've read about Mathey-Tissot, going under in the quartz crisis and Chinese investors to the rescue before, strangely, when questioned for a source to this info the folks posting it said they had read from a poster on another forum. The only info i ever found was the American Mathey Tissot distributor took over the company as it struggled during the crisis, before Alberto Frigerio (along with SWP) bought it in 2014 (he had been CEO since 94). During the quartz crisis, like Roamer, they stopped making mechanical movements and concentrated on quartz and their main market was the Far East (probably reason for some of the Chinese design watches, it's still one of their bigger markets and why they and Roamer were only remembered for their vintage watches as they were less well know here once things took off again). Of course they don't have their own watch production anymore and as best i can find out, they are either made by a 3rd party watchmaker in Chassio (Tan SA) or in the same facilities as Roamer & Swiss Military by Hanowa in Medrissio (Watchmakers, which is a brand owned by FM Swiss Logistics SA, they also seem to control Roamers & Swiss Military as well now).
I've a few Mathey-Tissot from ebay, Jomashop etc, automatic movements used in them are ETA 2824, Valjoux 7750 and Sellita SW200-1, quartz movements used are Ronda 1009 and ETA G10. 212 AN PWD not quite the movements you expect from a "dogshit brand". Okay some of their designs are not everybody's taste, but they are far from producing crap watches.

PS

Also have the Junghans 'Meister Telemeter' with their J880.3 caliber which is in reality isthe ETA 2892/ Dubois Depraz 2030 module.
Thanks, Hammy.
That’s actually really helpful. As I was typing the bit about Mathey-Tissot going under in the Quartz Crisis, I was wondering whether I’d actually read it, or just taken someone’s word for it.
So as things stand now, MT are essentially a microbrand, producing entry-level Swiss-made watches, but that’s far from being a Dog Poop brand.
I have a couple of Visodates from before the Powermatic 80 era - beautiful dials.

Muriel is not skint. If she exists outside his head.

Oh she exists all right ...

doll.jpg

Good Evening, Campers (Wild Cherry bass line and lots of cheesy grinning beforehand), and the Ladles and the Jellyspoons, and the Undecided.. Mike of The Masons Ear…Detective Interactive Games this evening…Mike of The Perry Masons…Then we ‘ave Design Your Own Funeral Kits (most of you won’t make the P&P preparation)..Mike of The Stone Masons….Not just a beautiful face, through - via the back of a spoon, Me…Have I told yers…you fuc….I’m not just a gorgeous man…I’m a gorgeous man ooh feels music..I feels it, I tells yer…That bleedin’ Funky Moped by Casper Jarrett..I just feels it as the ‘Onda 90 revs up…Music is my first Luv…and it will be my last…I went for an upper beard trim last week. My personal trimmer…he said..You for coffee? I said, Yurze, Geezer…He said, well fuc….offie….then…Bast….It ain’t 1977, Michael…Much as you want it to be… Quincy is in…And other made up, lifted forum user names…Next piece of shy…er..plastic bargain….£9.99 vacuum I wouldn’t give to War On Want…New studio for this? New studio, my ars….

Last edited:
Even if Muriel has neither a cat or a dog, I’ll bet she’ll be one of those ‘aving a buy’ according to Pete the Prevaricator. Maybe she’ll get her delivery person to wear the flashing collar so she can more easily see them arriving with all her I.W parcels?!
P.S I’m the proud ‘mum’ of a Ruffwear dog 🐶
There's a lady called Dorothy who always comes in and buys most of the offerings from Keith Smithy Smith of Paper Dienamics on Hobbymaker. Dave Bradford always jokes that Dorothy is Keith's number one fan. But they actually trained the camera on the screen of names every so often so at least they appear to be genuine.

There's a lady called Dorothy who always comes in and buys most of the offerings from Keith Smithy Smith of Paper Dienamics on Hobbymaker. Dave Bradford always jokes that Dorothy is Keith's number one fan. But they actually trained the camera on the screen of names every so often so at least they appear to be genuine.
Nice to see Paper Dienamics is still going, he used to change his company’s names often

Latest posts

Back