Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Turn around is fair play in my world. This dyslexic has a long memory and will never forget you ripping my spelling and grammar to shreds. No one else on this forum has ever nitpicked either my spelling or my grammar
Maybe you should think twice about what you post and how it might come back to haunt you.
It's not the first time something like this has happened. Unfortunately, I don't think that it will be the last.

Sally isn’t really suited to the late shift, you normally find that shift non hard sell, but you had her Hard Sell, and help me feed the children.

He won’t read this but I hope Rob, can get his knee properly sorted out this time, I had never heard of him before the takeover, and you would think once you had your knee replaced It would be sorted, but in his case, he seems to get numerous problems

Sally isn’t really suited to the late shift, you normally find that shift non hard sell, but you had her Hard Sell, and help me feed the children.
Desperate for another free holiday no doubt. Presume that's the only reason she resorts to this sales tactic when none of the others, not even Dirty Peter, do.

Turn around is fair play in my world. This dyslexic has a long memory and will never forget you ripping my spelling and grammar to shreds. No one else on this forum has ever nitpicked either my spelling or my grammar
Maybe you should think twice about what you post and how it might come back to haunt you.
I find it interesting that he/she/they can make offensive comments about people's spelling and grammar, but when someone on here told them to "kept taking the tablets" they accused them of being down on people who take medication!

Clearly just trying to get a reaction, very sad.

And I refer to them as him/her/they as I don't want to be accused of being sexist or making assumptions about gender or self identity. As they are clearly looking for anything to throw back at us.

Who else is he? It's my own fault for not being on here much these days I know, but I am intrigued
I am not sure it is a 'he'. Best not to as it more an instinct thing. You would need to see the site's web activity reports to be sure. Even then, an experienced (I was going to say a 'decent' troll) multi-IDer has ways around being spotted. Maybe they'll name themselves at some point. It is interesting, though, it has never been challenged or denied. The first thing most wrongly accused of two sign-ons would do is vehemently deny it.

It's not me, I find it hard enough being Muttley and my real identity🤔
Many many years ago when I was a member of a big brother forum that was rife with trolls a small group of us joined another big brother forum we could go to when the troll activity got too much. My mind was a total blank trying to think of a different name for the new forum so in the end I registered as whoami 😹

£7.99 umbrellas with Yannis Markopoulos. With the sort of patterns a 1970s’ Tokyo ‘good-time girl’ would stand under on a street corner looking for a Toyota Crown to pull up and then off. The goods are just so relentlessly uninspiring and downmarket. I cannot imagine the actual demographic who would part with money for.

Of interest to me is do any IW staff read this forum and if so does it make any difference?

Personally I doubt it as we are not really fans are we?

IW does pay close attention to Trustpilot and has a "great" rating. But of course this is to do with deliveries and returns and not the quality of presentations.

Well, you have Tezza Hopping who seems to know from the inside out, and comes across as defensive of the channel in general, which suggests some vested interest. And ‘Paz’ to me, the nearest thing I have heard to Mike Mason in print. Or somebody offering an extremely plausible pastiche of him. Also protective and combative of the Channel and any criticisms of it. But again…as with all us posting here…nobody can be really sure who anybody else actually is in real life posting on the site - other than Rob Locke and Grant Bradley.

Last edited:
£7.99 umbrellas with Yannis Markopoulos. With the sort of patterns a 1970s’ Tokyo ‘good-time girl’ would stand under on a street corner looking for a Toyota Crown to pull up and then off. The goods are just so relentlessly uninspiring and downmarket. I cannot imagine the actual demographic who would part with money for.
This is where, from a business perspective (not poking fun) I would genuinely be interested to know how well, or not, the current model is working for them. As has been touched on previously, perhaps the pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap approach is working for them? Smaller margins but higher quantities sold. And on some items e.g. the air fryers, perhaps the margins aren't too bad. If other retailers are selling a 5l digital model for £40 and IW is charging £70 for something near identical, and shifting a few, then in that sense who can blame them. I'd love to know how much product they actually shift.

Surely we have to assume that's the case, otherwise why persevere with that model?

It is clearly read. Despite any denials by them, it is an entertaining, sparky and funny sub-forum. Very different to the QVC one here, say, which tends to be more ‘normal’ and routine.
Yeah, the fact that they use forum members' names as "buyers" or "texters" is a clear sign that someone is reading and keeping an eye on this forum. There have been other things, usually involving Peter Simon, that we've talked about on here and then will get addressed on his next shift (the botched cosmetic procedure, claiming "pricing errors" and you'll never see it at that price again).

This is where, from a business perspective (not poking fun) I would genuinely be interested to know how well, or not, the current model is working for them. As has been touched on previously, perhaps the pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap approach is working for them? Smaller margins but higher quantities sold. And on some items e.g. the air fryers, perhaps the margins aren't too bad. If other retailers are selling a 5l digital model for £40 and IW is charging £70 for something near identical, and shifting a few, then in that sense who can blame them. I'd love to know how much product they actually shift.

Surely we have to assume that's the case, otherwise why persevere with that model?
I can see people buying cheapo goods (not much to lose) but not the overpriced stuff such as "designer" watches and the opatra range. Nutty Natalia must shift some stock or she wouldn't be sitting there day after day. That is baffling.

As for umbrellas we have been assured time and again by Peter Voulezvous that they are all sold out when it's wet weather. That's when he selling tower fans of course.

Latest posts

Back